Why Are Liberals Always Trying to Silence Those With Opposing Viewpoints?

I believe nobody commenting on the ad has actually seen the ad. They have only seen what is said of what it is about.

I have heard it said, however, that the ad does not even mention abortion or pro life. What it does it tell the story of a family who made a difficult decision that had a happy ending. If that is the case, it should offend nobody, it should not be threatening to anybody but pro-abortionist who want to stifle anything even remotely supportive of pro life, and it does not violate any CBS policy.

I haven't seen it but I heard it was the story about a college football player (as in totally unrelated to the game)'s mom who's doctor recommended an abortion but she didn't listen.

Abortion aside is it really a good idea to encourage women to ignore their doctor's advice?

It is terrible, irresponsible advice to give to a pregnant woman that she should ignore her doctor and risk her life trying to carry a pregnancy to term.

I believe nobody commenting on the ad has actually seen the ad. They have only seen what is said of what it is about.

I have heard it said, however, that the ad does not even mention abortion or pro life. What it does it tell the story of a family who made a difficult decision that had a happy ending. If that is the case, it should offend nobody, it should not be threatening to anybody but pro-abortionist who want to stifle anything even remotely supportive of pro life, and it does not violate any CBS policy.

I haven't seen it but I heard it was the story about a college football player (as in totally unrelated to the game)'s mom who's doctor recommended an abortion but she didn't listen.

Abortion aside is it really a good idea to encourage women to ignore their doctor's advice?

It is terrible, irresponsible advice to give to a pregnant woman that she should ignore her doctor and risk her life trying to carry a pregnancy to term.

The speculation on this unseen ad is getting just a bit absurd.

Consulting with a doctor and evaluating the risk, cost, consequences and every possible scenario, with two lives on the line is prudent and sensible in all cases. Making an informed decision, knowing the doctor's advise and understanding the odds is not the same as "encouraging women to ignore doctors". (no matter what this superbowl ad might have to say)

Holy moley batman!

So the conservative position is that liberals have no right to an opposing viewpoint? How interesting that you use the term "hypocrisy".

They can have an 'opposing viewpoint' by paying for and running their own ad, not trying to keep someone else's voice from being heard. Why is this a difficult concept to grasp?

why don't you tell that to FoF and other organizations like that that often threaten advertisers when they dont' like certain programming, complain about sexuality and violence on TV, try to ban video games and protest mustical artist if they have vulgar language, or how about the entire stupid nipple incident during the superbowl. that's where hypocrisy is, and the articles posted above these comments show that. It works both ways.

Why is that so hard to understand?

I do agree though, don't like something, don't watch it. plain and simple, both conservative or liberal. But how much you want to bet if CBS aired the pro gay ad, FoF would go nuts? Think CBS is a pussy for not doing so. They should of aired them back to back, that would of been nice.

LOL yeah the hypocrisy of not showing one ad because they deem it controversial and yet choosing to air another ad that is controversial kind of defeats their argument.

Then you have the hypocrisy of the right as they pretend to be outraged when a left leaning group attempts a boycott claiming it's anti free speech when the right boycotts things all the time and the righties don't seem to feel the same when their own do it. I wonder why?

BTW is CBS going to provide the timeslot that the ad is going to air in? It would be nice to know so I can change the channel and avoid it. LOL

I thought liberals preached tolerance and acceptance of all points of view?

Newsmax - Liberals Huddle Over Tim Tebow Ad

Try linking to a credible news source first....

Like this? Editorial - Super Bowl Censorship - NYTimes.com

I mean it was referred to in the linked post. :rolleyes:

From the linky....

The would-be censors are on the wrong track. Instead of trying to silence an opponent, advocates for allowing women to make their own decisions about whether to have a child should be using the Super Bowl spotlight to convey what their movement is all about: protecting the right of women like Pam Tebow to make their private reproductive choices.

CBS was right to change its policy of rejecting paid advocacy commercials from groups other than political candidates. After the network screens ads for accuracy and taste, viewers can watch and judge for themselves. Or they can get up from the couch and get a sandwich.

Heh. When did Sarah Palin start writing for the NYT? (j/k) :clap2: :lol:

You really want to aggravate a liberal? Ask them a question.

They go in retreat faster than a Democrat steals your family's money and jobs.

LOL You know what's funny is that I feel the same about asking a righty to substantiate their claims. Almost every single time I have asked a righty on this board to provide proof to substantiate their claims the primary response I get is that I am attacked personally as they run away from the debate. LOL

LOL You know what's funny is that I feel the same about asking a righty to substantiate their claims. Almost every single time I have asked a righty on this board to provide proof to substantiate their claims the primary response I get is that I am attacked personally as they run away from the debate. LOL

that's because you're an asshole.

it's nothing personal

it's nothing personal

Hmm, 90% of your posts are calling people stupid, hack, they suck, they are an asshole... .seems to anyone with half a brain that you are the asshole, you are the idiot, you are the hack.

it's nothing personal

given who he was responding to?? really, del?

it's nothing personal

Hmm, 90% of your posts are calling people stupid, hack, they suck, they are an asshole... .seems to anyone with half a brain that you are the asshole, you are the idiot, you are the hack.
And since you have half a brain, you can verify that.

Where's the rationale in supporting policies that believe in killing the innocent yet supporting the rights of terrorists and murderers. They want to ban the death penalty...well then ban abortion because that is a death sentence.

I just don't understand this type of thinking.

They want to murder the unborn because it's a personal matter but they want to protect folks that are responsible for the death of thousands of Americans and in many cases other Muslims.

It just seems like they have a screw loose.

LOL Way to insert YOUR opinion over the opinions of the pro-choice movement as a whole. LOL Maybe the problem you have with understanding is based on the fact that you PRETEND to know what everyone who is pro-choice is thinking. LOL

BTW, why do you legally believe that terrorists shouldn't be afforded their rights as human beings?
I just got a pm regarding this ridiculous post, so i'm taking you off ignore for 5 seconds.

Why don't you take your sorry lil' faggot ass to Yemen, put on a t-shirt that says "HEY EVERYBODY, I'M AN AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT!, and walk down the fucking street!

Lets just see the rights as a human being the terrorists give YOUR SORRY ASS!

Meanwhile, i'll be watching them saw your head right off that lil' pencil neck of yours, live on the web, while eating :popcorn:, sucking a :beer:, and :rofl:!

Christ, you're a clueless fucking moron!

Now, back to ignore mode!.

LOL poor chefjester running away AGAIN. You know I looked at his post for anything of substance and found no substantive answers to the question that i asked. All jester has to offer is his typical personal attacks.

BTW aren't we as a nation supposed to be better than that bad guys?? Based on jester's comments we should be and act the same. How sad is that?
I guess, unlike some, I still believe that America is a great country whose foundation is based on the rights guaranteed by our constitution and we should hold ourselves to a higher standard than the terrorists hold themselves.

BTW I think it's funny that you righties keep track of my postings. LOL Thanks for admitting that you are stalking me.

it's nothing personal

Yup, half a brain that got a PhD in genetics. Must be some brillant half a brain to be able to do that. You think you calling me stupid bothers me? :lol:

it's nothing personal

See Dr. Smith its not just me who thinks that about you and doesn't take it personal.

Plus del is way smarter than me so now I know i'm right :D (I'll take some rep now del :lol:)

it's nothing personal

Speaking for those with a whole brain, it's wise to take each comment on a case by case basis. :razz:

it's nothing personal

See Dr. Smith its not just me who thinks that about you and doesn't take it personal.

Plus del is way smarter than me so now I know i'm right :D (I'll take some rep now del :lol:)

Sure doesn't show it, most posts are one or two lines, generally with some sort of personal attack attached to it

Yup, half a brain that got a PhD in genetics. Must be some brillant half a brain to be able to do that. You think you calling me stupid bothers me? :lol:
It obviously does brainiac.

BTW, I'm King of Sweden and bang Jessica Alba every night.

Forum List

Back