Obama apology....Question

Oldandtired

Rookie
Aug 17, 2009
Long Island
I understand Obama publicly apologized about promising to air the healthcare debate on C-SPAN and not fulfilling his promise. I did not see the apology nor did I look it up on u-tube as I was not interested in seeing a potentially spliced video of the apology.
For those that saw it live.....exactly what did he apologize for?

1) Making the promise and not fullfilling the promise
2) Making the promise but not being ABLE to fulfill the promise, but wanting to.
3) Making the promise but C-SPAN blocking him from fulfilling the promise
4)Making the promise but realizing it was best not to fullfill the promise.

Yes, I realize some of those choices are the same, but I am putting all possibilities out there so my question is not spun.

So anyway....what exactly did he apologize for?

I understand Obama publicly apologized about promising to air the healthcare debate on C-SPAN and not fulfilling his promise. I did not see the apology nor did I look it up on u-tube as I was not interested in seeing a potentially spliced video of the apology.

2) Making the promise but not being ABLE to fulfill the promise, but wanting to.

Yes, I realize some of those choices are the same, but I am putting all possibilities out there so my question is not spun.

The impression I got was that he was apologizing for not completely understanding the logistics of televising ALL meetings and debates that would occur on the subject.

• Banned

The impression I got was that he was apologizing for not completely understanding the logistics of televising ALL meetings and debates that would occur on the subject.

Any excuse why he did not ensure any were televised...except basic votes?
Any apology why not a single "deal" was not televised which was the exact reason he siad he was going to have them televised?
Exactly what "logistics" were so difficult? C-SPAN takes on the technical logistics....what was he referring to?

• Banned
look it up yourself, if you are truly interested.

I gave a valid reason why I decided to not allow u-tube to answer my question. I saw it on Fox and it was noticebly cut short. I saw it on MSNBC and it was missing what fox showed and showed something else. I saw it on CNN and they showed a different part of the apology as well.

None seem to coincide with each other....so I opted to ask here...and I get your crap as the answer.

So I assume this board is for ranting only?

Any apology why not a single "deal" was not televised which was the exact reason he siad he was going to have them televised?
Exactly what "logistics" were so difficult? C-SPAN takes on the technical logistics....what was he referring to?

IIRC, meetings on healthcare took place ALL OVER Washington. C-SPAN covers the Congress, but I doubt they have equipment enough to cover the plethora of venues for these meetings. I am simply giving an answer hear to my impression. Please keep in mind that I alos fully believe Obama would NEVER have televised the BS back room deals he cut in an attempt to get this BS legislation passed.

I gave a valid reason why I decided to not allow u-tube to answer my question. I saw it on Fox and it was noticebly cut short. I saw it on MSNBC and it was missing what fox showed and showed something else. I saw it on CNN and they showed a different part of the apology as well.

None seem to coincide with each other....so I opted to ask here...and I get your crap as the answer.

don't cry, crankypants. i am not responsible for your ineptitude of finding the complete video and transcript.

IIRC, meetings on healthcare took place ALL OVER Washington. C-SPAN covers the Congress, but I doubt they have equipment enough to cover the plethora of venues for these meetings. I am simply giving an answer hear to my impression. Please keep in mind that I alos fully believe Obama would NEVER have televised the BS back room deals he cut in an attempt to get this BS legislation passed.

I was actually impressed when I heard that he owned up.....but then I started to ask what the apology was really all about.
When my son promises to be home by 12 midnight and he comes home at 3 AM....I do not accept an apology without a reason. I do not allow "excuses" to be the reason....I ask for explanations....
If he says "I did not have a ride home at 12" that is an excuse that does not hold water as he should have ensured he DID have a ride home at 12 midnight.
If he says his ride home goit drunk and couldnt drive, that too is an excuse as he could have called a cab.
If he says the car broke down on the way home and he tried calling us but we were asleep...that is an explanation I can accept.

Did Obama give an excuse or an explanation?

don't cry, crankypants. i am not responsible for your ineptitude of finding the complete video and transcript.

Hey asshole....if you were too inept or not in the know, you did not need to answer. I did not ask you in partiucular...I asked anyone with an answer.
Sorry to hear you are a lazy ass that has the time to criticize, but not the time to simply say "I dont know".
Must be tough being so bitter all your life. Maybe not tough on you....but tough on those that try to live around you.

Fuck off ass wipe.

Hey asshole....if you were too inept or not in the know, you did not need to answer. I did not ask you in partiucular...I asked anyone with an answer.
Sorry to hear you are a lazy ass that has the time to criticize, but not the time to simply say "I dont know".
Must be tough being so bitter all your life. Maybe not tough on you....but tough on those that try to live around you.

i looked it up, i know where to find it. it took me less than 1 minute. if you PM me nicely, i might even send you a link (don't: that was a joke). it is also very clear to me where your are going with your inquiry. that is why i told you to look it up if you were truly interested in what was said, and how.
you just try to find a way to bash obama while trying to appear to be above the fray. of course you failed. i also recommend honesty and anger management and a reading comprehension course. and a diaper change.

Seems there's a lot he doesn't understand....

i looked it up, i know where to find it. it took me less than 1 minute. if you PM me nicely, i might even send you a link (don't: that was a joke). it is also very clear to me where your are going with your inquiry. that is why i told you to look it up if you were truly interested in what was said, and how.
you just try to find a way to bash obama while trying to appear to be above the fray. of course you failed. i also recommend honesty and anger management and a reading comprehension course. and a diaper change.

I repeat, Fuck off dirtbag.

Fuck off ass wipe.

hey, why don't you "help" oldandtired in his concerned inquiry instead of barfing onto the board?

I was actually impressed when I heard that he owned up.....but then I started to ask what the apology was really all about.
When my son promises to be home by 12 midnight and he comes home at 3 AM....I do not accept an apology without a reason. I do not allow "excuses" to be the reason....I ask for explanations....
If he says "I did not have a ride home at 12" that is an excuse that does not hold water as he should have ensured he DID have a ride home at 12 midnight.
If he says his ride home goit drunk and couldnt drive, that too is an excuse as he could have called a cab.
If he says the car broke down on the way home and he tried calling us but we were asleep...that is an explanation I can accept.

Did Obama give an excuse or an explanation?

Why yes. Yes he did....:doubt:

Fuck off ass wipe.

hey, why don't you "help" oldandtired in his concerned inquiry instead of barfing onto the board?

Why not practive what you preach.
Maybe you should get a job first...then practice what you preach......or simply contuinue being a leech and a burden to those that care about you.
Whatever works for you.

Forum List

Back