Why a liberal should support Trump

Why are you afraid of hearing from someone who changed his opinion of President Trump?
He's a shill like 90 percent of them here.
It isn’t easy for people to admit they’ve been supporting a group of losers. :)
Republicans should know!!!
You didn't even watch the guy. You don't want anything to change because you no good thugs want this country hurting!
I do not have sound so his rant is void.
Maybe you’ll be able to afford speakers after the new tax plan is implemented.

He's a shill like 90 percent of them here.
You didn't even watch the guy. You don't want anything to change because you no good thugs want this country hurting!
I do not hear. The only thing the new plan will do is take more money from me.

Is that what CNN and MSNBC has been telling you?

I'm going to have a higher tax rate (sans deductions,) but I'm okay with it. It's going to save so many people money on tax prep. I think a lot of the middle class is going to get a little tax relief. Businesses will have more to invest in America and continue driving our economy back up to where it should be. (Because unless we get back up on our feet, we cannot help the rest of the world - be that through aid or military assistance.) Those just under the middle class might see an increase, it's only fair that everyone who can contribute does. Those poorest actually see no change in their $0 due, which I think should be fixed (I don't think there should be a 0% category.)

Where do you fall that it's going to cost you?

No! It is what I get from reading the proposal. I am a tax man so I get information from my association of tax professionals.

If I may offer my two cents:

Trump's current goals in support and defense of large corporations are what I would call the opposite of being a liberal. In both the classical as well as the political sense.

I believe people who were the foundation of classical liberalism, such as Thomas Paine, Rousseau, Locke, etc, were proponents of individual freedom, right? I don't see how giving more money to amoral, inhuman entities concerned solely with self-preservation and profit can be considered promotion of individual freedom. If anything that empowers them to take more freedom away by concentrating wealth.

And since empowering corporations is pretty much the exact opposite of what will provide stable conditions for people at the working class level, I can't agree with him really. As a liberal/leftist in the definition of someone who supports the working class (rather than the skewed definition propelled onwards by the mainstream), I thus see no reason to follow Trump, even if he claims on camera to be a populist. Reaganomics has not worked to bring the wage gap together, and I doubt Reaganomics 2.0 will do the same.

The proposal will not be kind to anyone who makes under $250,000. So many deductions will be eliminated that business's and individuals will pay more.

If I may offer my two cents:

Trump's current goals in support and defense of large corporations are what I would call the opposite of being a liberal. In both the classical as well as the political sense.

I believe people who were the foundation of classical liberalism, such as Thomas Paine, Rousseau, Locke, etc, were proponents of individual freedom, right? I don't see how giving more money to amoral, inhuman entities concerned solely with self-preservation and profit can be considered promotion of individual freedom. If anything that empowers them to take more freedom away by concentrating wealth.

And since empowering corporations is pretty much the exact opposite of what will provide stable conditions for people at the working class level, I can't agree with him really. As a liberal/leftist in the definition of someone who supports the working class (rather than the skewed definition propelled onwards by the mainstream), I thus see no reason to follow Trump, even if he claims on camera to be a populist. Reaganomics has not worked to bring the wage gap together, and I doubt Reaganomics 2.0 will do the same.
Someone understands!!!!!!!

Let’s try to stay focused on the premise/topic of this thread.

It isn’t often we see a staunch liberal agreeing with President Trump. :)

No! It is what I get from reading the proposal. I am a tax man so I get information from my association of tax professionals.
Are they democrats?

You're right, I apologize, didn't actually see this thread was about the vid in the OP, though I should have looked before I posted.

I think the dude in the video is especially brave for posting his video tbh. Just there's a lot of things I respectfully disagree with, and I think he has a slightly rosier picture of Trump than is the truth. Especially concerning political correctness...as much as I hate political correctness, Trump has his own version he seeks to impose upon people. Being against political correctness should not be synonymous with being against expressions of freedom of speech that don't agree with you, imo.

But i definitely get where he's coming from. I think everyone in every country is tired of chickenshit politicians, and for anyone looking at the surface veneer of the situation, Trump is the gung ho war hero of the American electorate.

You're right, I apologize, didn't actually see this thread was about the vid in the OP, though I should have looked before I posted.

I think the dude in the video is especially brave for posting his video tbh. Just there's a lot of things I respectfully disagree with, and I think he has a slightly rosier picture of Trump than is the truth. Especially concerning political correctness...as much as I hate political correctness, Trump has his own version he seeks to impose upon people. Being against political correctness should not be synonymous with being against expressions of freedom of speech that don't agree with you, imo.

But i definitely get where he's coming from. I think everyone in every country is tired of chickenshit politicians, and for anyone looking at the surface veneer of the situation, Trump is the gung ho war hero of the American electorate.
Brave? Since when did sharing an opinion become “brave”?
Could it be because libs can’t tolerate anyone who doesn’t tow their BS?

Last edited:
Tax Man Your eyes are blinded by hate. Open your mind.
I despise #45 but do not hate. I know what a schiester he is. Think of a TV evangelist and you got rumpy only rumpy is satan.
if you know what a schiester is you should have contempt for everyone in DC .....and many democrats are just this side of satan...

The orange cheeto is no war hero!! He is a deserter who got to play instead of serve. Ever since Saint ronnie The Ray Goon sat on a desk and gave fireside talks to become elected politicians have had a snarky position on the citizenry. As for someone claiming to a lib who has swung to rumpy I find that hilarious. More Americans are fleeing rumpy than joining.

Brave? Since when did sharing an opinion become “brave”?
Could it be because libs can’t tolerate anyone who doesn’t tow their BS?

Actually yes, that's what I meant when I said that.
I’m looking forward to the changes we’ll be seeing with President Trump.

Obama was the worst president I’ve ever seen. I hope it’s the last time someone like him is ever elected.

Forum List

Back