Who has more control of our thinking; God or Satan?

I don’t know what God or Satan’s game is, but God giving Satan dominion over our political/physical realm as well as the power to deceive our spiritual/religious realm in us all seems counterintuitive to what a good God would do.

It seems like God is giving Satan the advantage, in terms of our ability to think without deception or Satan’s undo interference.

Rev12;9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent,

called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Why did God curse us with Satan and her minions?

It cannot be to give us free will as none of us have the free will to never sin. If we did have that, we would have some examples of
people who never sinned.

On another tangent, scriptures say that God himself put’s lies/deception into his prophets and that he decides who will have faith or not by his doling out grace only to those he has pre-selected and thus denies other the ability to have faith or belief.

This biblical contradiction, strangely, refutes all that I put above on Satan. Can Christians clear up this contradiction?

Regards
DL
Satan. He runs this circus as was proven by him actually being able to offer the entire planet to Yeshua.....who told him to FO. All the royals and so-called leaders and "enetertainers--- distracting you" gladly accepted.

Satan could not offer what god never gave her.

Dominion was given to man. Not Satan.

Many lying Christians say Satan had dominion but they never show in scriptures where and when dominion was taken from man and given to Satan.

Regards
DL
Genesis. when they ate of the forbidden fruit.

You are adding to the story and the bible itself tells you to read what it says and not what you want it to say.

Show your non-existent quote that shows where dominion was tranfered to Satan.

Further, tell us why god would have gifted us with what he rejected in heaven.

Regards
DL
It’s pretty much a basic tenet of Christianity, dumbass. Everyone knows it but you. But then again you don’t even know that Gnostic Christians believe in two Gods; the good God of the spiritual realm and the evil God of the material realm. Hey doesn’t that sound a lot like Satan, dipshit?

I don’t know what God or Satan’s game is, but God giving Satan dominion over our political/physical realm as well as the power to deceive our spiritual/religious realm in us all seems counterintuitive to what a good God would do.

It seems like God is giving Satan the advantage, in terms of our ability to think without deception or Satan’s undo interference.

called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

It cannot be to give us free will as none of us have the free will to never sin. If we did have that, we would have some examples of
people who never sinned.

On another tangent, scriptures say that God himself put’s lies/deception into his prophets and that he decides who will have faith or not by his doling out grace only to those he has pre-selected and thus denies other the ability to have faith or belief.

This biblical contradiction, strangely, refutes all that I put above on Satan. Can Christians clear up this contradiction?

Regards
DL

When god cast Satan to earth the first thing he did was start the first organized religion. Then he invented another 2000 years ago. He invented one in the Middle East and again in Utah 200 years ago.

Impregnating virgins, crucifying, burning bushes, talking snakes, hate gays, own slaves, circumcisions, giving your money to the church, confessions, pedophile priests, the way evil people can even use the words in the Bible to justify their ways. So obvious

7 deadly sins

Ten Commandments? What’s the first thing you want to do when someone tells you not to do something?

Thanks for sharing your delusional thinking.

Stupid is as stupid writes.

It's right thinking, but your brain is wired wrong so understandable.

"Stupid is as stupid writes" sez the guy who's handle is GreatestIam. I vote you GreatistIam in the stupid category.

325-380 - who spent the entire 4th century writing your book bond - after waiting 3 centuries to write it ... and changed the events of the 1st century to do so. when they became emboldened.

and your unwillingness to do the same as the original religion of antiquity requires, you are one of the conspirators, those that are responsible for the persecution and victimization of innocents that is the deliberate consequence of the 4th century ... that continues to this day and will be yours and all those that have come before and after their epitaphs as mortals.

For you, it's Satan but even he has getting through to you much of the time. It doesn't matter 1% or even less gets you in.

I don't understand why people insist on literal interpretations of the Bible when it seems that they are figurative and symbolic stories. The talking serpent? The Tree of Knowledge? Woman formed from one of Adam's ribs? Huh? The creator of the universe needs to yank one of Adam's ribs to create woman? Sorry the Bible is beautifully written but it is mostly figurative and symbolic story telling IMO.

Marathon Mike,

Few Christians argue that all of the Bible should be read literally in itsventirety, as there are passages that are clearly figurative or metaphorical.

However we do believe that where the Bible can be read literally it should be read that way. This removes mankind's natural urge to ignore, change or re-interpret passages that are inconvenient to the concept that we are called to chose God's perfect will instead of our own flawed self centered will.

people who never sinned.

Regards
DL

Neither.

people who never sinned.

Regards
DL
It can't be easy being god. Creating everything. Free will, mortality. Why would a god that loves his children seem to love to hurt us so much? Gods will seems to boil down to Murphy's law. And we have to accept that. Because... that is some God.

MaryL,

God doesn't hurt us, mankind hurt and continues to hurt itself.

Are you arguing that without God there would be no pain.

If that were true Christianity would have died out a long time ago.

I don't understand why people insist on literal interpretations of the Bible when it seems that they are figurative and symbolic stories. The talking serpent? The Tree of Knowledge? Woman formed from one of Adam's ribs? Huh? The creator of the universe needs to yank one of Adam's ribs to create woman? Sorry the Bible is beautifully written but it is mostly figurative and symbolic story telling IMO.

Marathon Mike,

Few Christians argue that all of the Bible should be read literally in itsventirety, as there are passages that are clearly figurative or metaphorical.

However we do believe that where the Bible can be read literally it should be read that way. This removes mankind's natural urge to ignore, change or re-interpret passages that are inconvenient to the concept that we are called to chose God's perfect will instead of our own flawed self centered will.
But how do you know where the Bible can be read literally and what is to be treated as figurative? There doesn't seem to be a consensus among Christians what is to be literally interpreted vs not.

And they think that only because of secular reformation of both Christianity and of western society. So place the credit where it is due.

Marathon Mike,

But how do you know where the Bible can be read literally and what is to be treated as figurative? There doesn't seem to be a consensus among Christians what is to be literally interpreted vs not.

Marathon Mike,

there is disagreement as the people reading it are human beings with selfish sin natures.

this question was what prevented me from fully being a Christian for years. That was until I heard a teaching from Hebrews 1.

Hebrews 1:1 - God who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets

Hebrews 1:2 - Bath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he bath appointed heir of all things, by whom also be made the worlds.

Have you ever had an e-mail or a text message misinterpreted?

The problem with any written communication is that it often lacks subtext and can easily be read our of context.

In Christian terminology we might say that someone can read God's words, but not understand them in they also don't understand God's heart.

Hebrews 1:2 addressed that conundrum for me. The scriptures are to be read as literally as possible, through the filter of the heart of God as expressed through the person of Jesus Christ.

The key is seeking to find the internal consistency of the words, commandments, concepts, dilemnas, etc. expressed in the Bible with the loving and faithful God who is not our equal.

If you are truly interested in this the teaching that caused me to give my heart to the Lord it is available and you could listen to it for yourself.

Google Jon Courson - searchlight. It's under teachings, thru the Bible studies. It's the teaching from 11-12-95 on Hebrews 1.

And they think that only because of secular reformation of both Christianity and of western society. So place the credit where it is due.

Fort Fun Indiana,

I am aware of our bedrock disagreement.

You want to elevate the primacy of Man (yourself) and give credit to mankind.

I seek to elevate the primacy of God (at the expense of myself) and give credit to God.

You have every right to believe as you do, but I strongly disagree and (God willing) I will never agree with you.

No. I am giving credit to ideas. In this case, good ideas from secular philosophy and scientific enlightenment displaced horrible ideas from the religious texts of Christianity.

And that is why you are more moral and ethical than an ignorant, scientifically illiterate, morally stunted individual from the 16th century, despite carrying around the same religious text.

It's obviously true.

When god cast Satan to earth the first thing he did was start the first organized religion.

Atheism.
But you guys claim humans have always believed in god.

th

We claim that all humans believe in God even atheists. Deep down they have a gnawing feeling that God exists. However, their rationalization does not allow them to believe. They claim God is faith-based and it is. That said, they do not believe in God nor gods, but that is faith-based, too.

No. I am giving credit to ideas. In this case, good ideas from secular philosophy and scientific enlightenment displaced horrible ideas from the religious texts of Christianity.

And that is why you are more moral and ethical than an ignorant, scientifically illiterate, morally stunted individual from the 16th century, despite carrying around the same religious text.

It's obviously true.

you can't give credit to ideas because they don't exist apart from (in your case) the men\women who came up with them.

I stand by my earlier statement, but I find you desire to hide the fact that you want to elevate yourself and others like you interesting.

When god cast Satan to earth the first thing he did was start the first organized religion.

Atheism.

th

We claim that all humans believe in God even atheists. Deep down they have a gnawing feeling that God exists. However, their rationalization does not allow them to believe. They claim God is faith-based and it is. That said, they do not believe in God nor gods, but that is faith-based, too.
Of course, your attempt to reduce Dawkins to a concept around which you can wrap your feeble little mind is just your attempt at avoiding any direct response to any argument he has made.

Not that your idiotic responses are any more worthy of consideration, as you would fail a 7th grade science quiz.

So maybe it's best that you remain in the bottom feeding slime of intellectual discussion, so the rest of us don't have to repeatedly scrape you off of our shoes.

Atheism.

th

Of course, your attempt to reduce Dawkins to a concept around which you can wrap your feeble little mind is just your attempt at avoiding any direct response to any argument he has made.

Not that your idiotic responses are any more worthy of consideration, as you would fail a 7th grade science quiz.

So maybe it's best that you remain in the bottom feeding slime of intellectual discussion, so the rest of us don't have to repeatedly scrape you off of our shoes.

Speaking of bottom feeding slime, how about the atheists who dare to reduce God to a sinful, evil God? Dawkins is a perfect example of someone who disavows God or gods and violates the 1st commandment, but talks about him all the time. You do the same believing in evolution and acting like God does not exist. Dawkins and your atheist science disavows God, but that isn't good enough because you and he do not have the smoking gun evidence. It should be clear to everyone if evolution is true. Instead, creation science still exists, is healthy and its theories have not been debunked. They're the ones with the smoking gun evidence.

Atheism.

th

Yes, we understand why people believe in god. I’m not so arrogant to think there couldn’t possibly be a creator.

Put it like this. If Islam was the only religion story would you believe it? Sadly the real answer is probably yes but I’m hoping you would say no, you would not believe that story. Well that’s just how I feel about every religion.

And without religions what does it matter if I believe?

Forum List

Back