Who has more control of our thinking; God or Satan?

GreatestIam

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2012

I don’t know what God or Satan’s game is, but God giving Satan dominion over our political/physical realm as well as the power to deceive our spiritual/religious realm in us all seems counterintuitive to what a good God would do.

It seems like God is giving Satan the advantage, in terms of our ability to think without deception or Satan’s undo interference.

Rev12;9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent,

called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Why did God curse us with Satan and her minions?

It cannot be to give us free will as none of us have the free will to never sin. If we did have that, we would have some examples of
people who never sinned.

On another tangent, scriptures say that God himself put’s lies/deception into his prophets and that he decides who will have faith or not by his doling out grace only to those he has pre-selected and thus denies other the ability to have faith or belief.

This biblical contradiction, strangely, refutes all that I put above on Satan. Can Christians clear up this contradiction?

Regards
DL

I don’t know what God or Satan’s game is, but God giving Satan dominion over our political/physical realm as well as the power to deceive our spiritual/religious realm in us all seems counterintuitive to what a good God would do.

It seems like God is giving Satan the advantage, in terms of our ability to think without deception or Satan’s undo interference.

called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

It cannot be to give us free will as none of us have the free will to never sin. If we did have that, we would have some examples of
people who never sinned.

On another tangent, scriptures say that God himself put’s lies/deception into his prophets and that he decides who will have faith or not by his doling out grace only to those he has pre-selected and thus denies other the ability to have faith or belief.

This biblical contradiction, strangely, refutes all that I put above on Satan. Can Christians clear up this contradiction?

Regards
DL

God and his angel Lucifer got into a big fight and Lucifer fell out of heaven and a bunch of his friends tumbled after him. God sure wasn't going to go after them; they were pains in the ass. And so we deal with them.

people who never sinned.

Regards
DL

You're 99.99% you know who, but I also know that one day, the Light will shine through for you

Satan made it to the White House.

obama-satan.jpg

‘The Bible’ Producers Deny Satan Meant to Look Like Obama

You finally got one right. We had Satan in the White House and now have Donald Trump to undo what he did.

BTW, the answer to the OP's question is that under free will, YOU have control over your thinking except for the mentally ill who usually have trouble with their thinking.

As to how Satan gained his powers over humans, it has to do with Adam having dominion over the Earth. Since Adam committed the sin of disobedience to God even though he was perfect and had everything, Satan gained the dominion over the world and became "god of the world and prince of the power of the air."

obama-satan.jpg

You finally got one right. We had Satan in the White House and now have Donald Trump to undo what he did.

BTW, the answer to the OP's question is that under free will, YOU have control over your thinking except for the mentally ill who usually have trouble with their thinking.

As to how Satan gained his powers over humans, it has to do with Adam having dominion over the Earth. Since Adam committed the sin of disobedience to God even though he was perfect and had everything, Satan gained the dominion over the world and became "god of the world and prince of the power of the air."
So god gave Adam free will and when he used it, god booted him out of Eden. God must be about as dumb as you are.

obama-satan.jpg

So god gave Adam free will and when he used it, god booted him out of Eden. God must be about as dumb as you are.

Taz ignoraums. It's better if you do not think. Faced with the same choice today with a positive test, do you believe in Jesus? You answer in the negative. This negative answer is the equivalent of doing the one thing that God told Adam not to do -- a negative test. Everything else, he could do. Today is more complex than in Adam's time, isn't it because you have to follow humans' laws or rules.

obama-satan.jpg

Taz ignoraums. It's better if you do not think. Faced with the same choice today with a positive test, do you believe in Jesus? You answer in the negative. This negative answer is the equivalent of doing the one thing that God told Adam not to do -- a negative test. Everything else, he could do. Today is more complex than in Adam's time, isn't it because you have to follow humans' laws or rules.

The gods lied to Adam and to Eve.

Why believe a liar?

...he decides who will have faith or not by his doling out grace only to those he has pre-selected and thus denies other the ability to have faith or belief.

DL

That's the Calvinist view. Calvinists proof-read scripture. They twist scripture to sell themselves as the elect. As if they're some pre-selected group of people that God selected to save.

Last edited:

obama-satan.jpg

There were several Jesuses alive during that time. As for the magic Jesus, there’s no proof of him.

The gods lied to Adam and to Eve.

Why believe a liar?

Interesting. How so?

The Bible says it was Satan talking through the snake who lied.

I guess you forgot even though I gave you the description.

As the fable goes, yours gods said that eating the apple would have this affect:

16 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:
17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

The serpent said:

4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:
5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

A&E (not the cable station) didn't die

The gods lied. Satan told the truth.

Aren't you lucky to have me here to explain you religion to you?

If you have to think, then what about this? I saw this sign on a billboard while driving on the freeway yesterday -- “With people this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” Matthew 19:26. It was saying all things are possible through Jesus.

Now, it isn't saying everything is possible to you. It is saying those things that you believe that is available to you are possible. We cannot have all things because that is God's domain. Thus, if you believe in Jesus, then you will be able to believe in God since this is possible through Jesus. Even a non-believer can believe because that is possible inside you.

There were several Jesuses alive during that time. As for the magic Jesus, there’s no proof of him.

There may have been several, but you have to take the first step and believe that you have the capability to have faith in this. That you can "sincerely" believe that Jesus saved us. Then God is revealed. There is no proof of what you call the magic Jesus except those of the eyewitnesses and the story of how his tomb was open and the body not there.

Last edited:

If you have to think, then what about this? I saw this sign on a billboard while driving on the freeway yesterday -- “With people this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” Matthew 19:26. It was saying all things are possible through Jesus.

Now, it isn't saying everything is possible to you. It is saying those things that you believe that is available to you are possible. We cannot have all things because that is God's domain. Thus, if you believe in Jesus, then you will be able to believe in God since this is possible through Jesus. Even a non-believer can believe because that is possible inside you.
It said everything is possible through god. Is English not your first language?

There is nothing to indicate that someone named Matthew actually wrote any part of the bibles. A believer will believe anything.

There is nothing to indicate that someone named Matthew actually wrote any part of the bibles. A believer will believe anything.

Well, for this verse, Mark said the same. How can two different people say the same if they didn't hear for themselves? Throughout the Bible, i.e. over 400 times, it is written that it was God's word.

"And Jesus said to him, “ ‘If You can?’ All things are possible to him who believes.” Mark 9-23

It's coming back to me now because I think this is the verse I saw on the billboard. Matthew is not easy to read for me and I would've remembered if it was Matthew.

Forum List

Back