Zone1 Did mankind's spirits exist prior to coming to this earth?

Did mankind's spirits exist prior to coming to this earth?

• Yes

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

onefour1

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2014
To the prophet Jeremiah, the Lord said:

Jeremiah 1:4-5
4 Then the word of the Lord came unto me, saying,
5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

Jesus' disciples once asked him:

John 10:1-2
1 And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth.
2 And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?

This verse implies that in order for the disciples to question whether the man himself sinned in order that he was born blind, they had to believe that the man existed before he was born.

Ecclesiastes 12:7
7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

If a spirit is to return unto God, it must have been there before.

Hebrews 12:9
9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

Fathers of the flesh are differentiated from the Father of spirits. God is the literal Father of our spirits.

In the book of proverbs we read about wisdom.

Proverbs 8:22-31
22 The Lord possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.
23 I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.
24 When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water.
25 Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth:
26 While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world.
27 When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth:
28 When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep:
29 When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth:
30 Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;
31 Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men.

Job 38:1-7
1 Then the Lord answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said,
2 Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge?
3 Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me.
4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
5 Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?
6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;
7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

2 Timothy 1:9
9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

Ephesians 1:3-5
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

This verse tells us that we were blessed with spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ and that we were chosen in him before the foundation of this world and predestinated to become his children through the principle of adoption in this world. We become the children by receiving his gospel in this life and following his teachings.

The book of Revelation speaks of a war in heaven before the foundation of this earth as follows:

Revelation 12:7-11
7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

Michael and his angels who fought against Satan in heaven before God cast Satan unto the earth were eventually to overcome Satan through the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony an they were to be subject unto death according to verse 11. In other words, they were to come to earth and become mortal and be subject unto death and need the blood of the Lamb in order to overcome the devil. That would be us mortals! We existed and fought in the war in heaven on the side of our Father in Heaven and our Lord Jesus Christ. We were fighting with Michael in the premortal existence and were to come to this earth and overcome the devil by the blood of the lamb.

Last edited:
I'm not religious but I've always believed there is an infinite dimension we cannot see that we are all apart of. We get to walk around in meat suits for a few decades or maybe some other biological shell but we always return to the infinite dimension. My own idea, I don't know or care if anyone agrees.
If you have this feeling, is it Deja Vu like you existed before and have this feeling that you come from a more exalted sphere? So, why would you then not at least be inquisitive enough to look into what onefour1 is presenting here from the Bible that most Jews and Christians refuse to acknowledge? Jesus even said that anyone who gets to ascend back to heaven must first descend from heaven, even he said he had to as well. He have to come and receive a physical body in order to ascend resurrected back up to Heaven as we all can. There's only one Church that believes what you have this feeling of. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

If you have this feeling, is it Deja Vu like you existed before and have this feeling that you come from a more exalted sphere? So, why would you then not at least be inquisitive enough to look into what onefour1 is presenting here from the Bible that most Jews and Christians refuse to acknowledge? Jesus even said that anyone who gets to ascend back to heaven must first descend from heaven, even he said he had to as well. He have to come and receive a physical body in order to ascend resurrected back up to Heaven as we all can. There's only one Church that believes what you have this feeling of. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
It's not a feeling. It is what I believe is a reasonable explanation for this unexplainable existence we are all a part of.

It's not a feeling. It is what I believe is a reasonable explanation for this unexplainable existence we are all a part of.
I’m just saying that since it’s nothing that can be empirically proven, it’s then a feeling which can also be a belief. In your case, an explanation of our existence which make no logical sense without God. That’s my opinion.

Where does the soul of man go?
When we reach the end of the road
Will there be light or darkness and fright
Nobody really knows
When will it be the end?
The messenger’s day to send
Will there be doom or blood on the moon?
Nobody knows my friend, nobody knows my friend

Black Lilies - Soul of Man

Nobody really knows
When will it be the end?

That is the conclusion I came to in my search for the reason.

In the Book of Jude we read:

Jude 1:6
6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

The first estate was our premortal existence. Those who did not keep their first estate were those who sided with Satan in the premortal war in heaven. They were cast out of heaven into the earth without receiving bodies of flesh and bone. Those who kept their first estate are those of us who come to earth and receive bodies of flesh and bones and can overcome Satan by the blood of the Lamb. This mortal life is our second estate.

Abraham 3:24-26
24 And there stood one among them that was like unto God, and he said unto those who were with him: We will go down, for there is space there, and we will take of these materials, and we will make an earth whereon these may dwell;
25 And we will prove them herewith, to see if they will do all things whatsoever the Lord their God shall command them;
26 And they who keep their first estate shall be added upon; and they who keep not their first estate shall not have glory in the same kingdom with those who keep their first estate; and they who keep their second estate shall have glory added upon their heads for ever and ever.

Premortal Life

The life before earth life. All men and women lived with God as His spirit children before coming to the earth as mortal beings. This is sometimes called the first estate (Abr. 3:26).
  • When God laid the foundations of the earth, all the sons of God shouted for joy, Job 38:4–7.
  • The spirit shall return unto God who gave it, Eccl. 12:7.
  • Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee, Jer. 1:4–5.
  • We are all his offspring, Acts 17:28.
  • God chose us before the foundation of the world, Eph. 1:3–4.
  • We are to be in subjection to the Father of spirits, Heb. 12:9.
  • The angels which kept not their first estate, he hath reserved in everlasting chains, Jude 1:6 (Abr. 3:26).
  • The Devil and his angels were cast out, Rev. 12:9.
  • They were called and prepared from the foundation of the world, Alma 13:3.
  • Christ looked upon the expanse of eternity and hosts of heaven before the world was made, D&C 38:1.
  • Man was also in the beginning with God, D&C 93:29 (Hel. 14:17; D&C 49:17).
  • Noble spirits were chosen in the beginning to be rulers in the Church, D&C 138:53–55.
  • Many received their first lessons in the world of spirits, D&C 138:56.
  • All things were created spiritually before they were on earth, Moses 3:5.
  • I made the world, and men before they were in the flesh, Moses 6:51.
  • Abraham saw the intelligences that were organized before the world was, Abr. 3:21–24.

Nobody really knows
When will it be the end?

Our birth is but a sleep and a forgetting​

by William Wordsworth
Our birth is but a sleep and a forgetting:
The Soul that rises with us, our life's Star,
Hath had elsewhere its setting,
And cometh from afar:
Not in entire forgetfulness,
And not in utter nakedness,
But trailing clouds of glory do we come
From God, who is our home:
Heaven lies about us in our infancy!
Shades of the prison-house begin to close
Upon the growing Boy,
But He beholds the light, and whence it flows,
He sees it in his joy;
The Youth, who daily farther from the east
Must travel, still is Nature's Priest,
And by the vision splendid
Is on his way attended;
At length the Man perceives it die away,
And fade into the light of common day.

To the prophet Jeremiah, the Lord said:

Jeremiah 1:4-5
4 Then the word of the Lord came unto me, saying,
5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

Jesus' disciples once asked him:

John 10:1-2
1 And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth.
2 And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?

This verse implies that in order for the disciples to question whether the man himself sinned in order that he was born blind, they had to believe that the man existed before he was born.

Ecclesiastes 12:7
7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

If a spirit is to return unto God, it must have been there before.

Hebrews 12:9
9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

Fathers of the flesh are differentiated from the Father of spirits. God is the literal Father of our spirits.

In the book of proverbs we read about wisdom.

Proverbs 8:22-31
22 The Lord possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.
23 I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.
24 When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water.
25 Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth:
26 While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world.
27 When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth:
28 When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep:
29 When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth:
30 Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;
31 Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men.

Job 38:1-7
1 Then the Lord answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said,
2 Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge?
3 Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me.
4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
5 Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?
6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;
7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

2 Timothy 1:9
9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

Ephesians 1:3-5
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

This verse tells us that we were blessed with spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ and that we were chosen in him before the foundation of this world and predestinated to become his children through the principle of adoption in this world. We become the children by receiving his gospel in this life and following his teachings.

The book of Revelation speaks of a war in heaven before the foundation of this earth as follows:

Revelation 12:7-11
7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

Michael and his angels who fought against Satan in heaven before God cast Satan unto the earth were eventually to overcome Satan through the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony an they were to be subject unto death according to verse 11. In other words, they were to come to earth and become mortal and be subject unto death and need the blood of the Lamb in order to overcome the devil. That would be us mortals! We existed and fought in the war in heaven on the side of our Father in Heaven and our Lord Jesus Christ. We were fighting with Michael in the premortal existence and were to come to this earth and overcome the devil by the blood of the lamb.
Your ENTIRE post is based onto "private" - self-written testimonials - that lack any proof whatsoever, so what is the point of your thread???

If you chose to believe onto something that lacks any proof - you can just as well believe anything that suits your personal mindset. Incl. that Trump was send by God and that his soul is unblemished and pure :auiqs.jpg:

Forum List

Back