Who has more control of our thinking; God or Satan?

Check the early art, like the expulsion painting at the Vatican, and wonder why Satan is depicted as a female.

You mean Eve? She ate the forbidden fruit, gave it to Adam and passed along what Satan told her. Satan is the snake watching attentively to everything. Adam gets the sin because he was the first representative of the human race.

No I do not mean Eve. I meant Satan.

Tell us why Christians call what happened in Eden our fall, while singing that Adam's sin was a happy fault and necessary to God's plan?

As to the fall, what fall?

The Original Meaning Of Original Sin

Regards
DL

It's not what Christians interpret as "our" fall. The fall is not a gift from free will. Adam could have refused to disobey God's command and everything would be fine. We'd all be perfect and living a life in paradise. That was our gift from God.

As for Adam's act, God interpreted it as disobeying him because he gave dominion of the Earth to Adam and he represented the first human. Otherwise, he could point the finger at Eve or both. What Satan wanted was this dominion of the Earth and afterward he became "god of the world and prince of the power of the air."

I never really understood why God puts up with Satan's crap.
It's an interesting case study at best. How was it that satan was originally on God's side and then rebelled.
Independent thought among personages of spirit in the presence of God
I guess we'll find out one day.

It's an interesting case study at best. How was it that satan was originally on God's side and then rebelled.

The Bible says God allows Satan's crap because he became the "god of the world" after Adam's fall. Even Jesus had to recognize Satan's power and position when tempted by him. Adam was the dominion of the Earth and the first perfect human, so everything was riding on him. Satan craftily seduced Eve that they would not die by eating a mere fruit and the rest is history.

The Bible says God allows Satan's crap because he became the "god of the world" after Adam's fall. Even Jesus had to recognize Satan's power and position when tempted by him. Adam was the dominion of the Earth and the first perfect human, so everything was riding on him. Satan craftily seduced Eve that they would not die by eating a mere fruit and the rest is history.

That sounds made up

I don't understand why people insist on literal interpretations of the Bible when it seems that they are figurative and symbolic stories. The talking serpent? The Tree of Knowledge? Woman formed from one of Adam's ribs? Huh? The creator of the universe needs to yank one of Adam's ribs to create woman? Sorry the Bible is beautifully written but it is mostly figurative and symbolic story telling IMO.

That sounds made up

Nyet. Is what it is.

Satan didn't seduce Eve. Satan told the truth - he told Eve she would not die for the crime of fruit theft.

Your gods lied. They told Eve she would die.

Satan didn't seduce Eve. Satan told the truth - he told Eve she would not die for the crime of fruit theft.

Hahahaha. And just what do you base this on?

I don't understand why people insist on literal interpretations of the Bible when it seems that they are figurative and symbolic stories. The talking serpent? The Tree of Knowledge? Woman formed from one of Adam's ribs? Huh? The creator of the universe needs to yank one of Adam's ribs to create woman? Sorry the Bible is beautifully written but it is mostly figurative and symbolic story telling IMO.

Sez you.

Sez you.
Of course, that's what IMO means. So the Adam's rib story sounds legit to you?

Hahahaha. And just what do you base this on?

I base it on the clear references in the Biblles.

Your gods lied. Satan told the truth.

Sez you.
Of course, that's what IMO means. So the Adam's rib story sounds legit to you?

It's God's word so all of it is legit, inerrant and complete. I didn't understand it at first, but then I started questioning evolution around 2007 and really doubting it by 2011. I learned evolution from evolution.berkeley.edu. Then, I finally started reading about creation science and compared the two. If you are agnostic or atheist, then the Bible will be hard to believe, but truth is stranger than fiction. One has to go to Bible studies to really understand the Bible (mostly people parts, i.e. the religious stuff). The science parts were the easiest to read and compare.

It's God's word so all of it is legit, inerrant and complete.
And there you have it. No amount of evidence could ever convince you otherwise. So march under your flag of faith, and stop embarrassing yourself in the science threads with your stupid dog and pony show.

And there you have it. No amount of evidence could ever convince you otherwise. So march under your flag of faith, and stop embarrassing yourself in the science threads with your stupid dog and pony show.
Says the guy who believes the Big Bang wasn’t the creation of space and time from nothing?

Who has more control of our thinking; God or Satan?

- so all of it is legit, inerrant and complete ...

images

there is not a time in history from the beginning of the desert religions they have not been responsible for the persecution and victimization of the innocent - while relying on one or the other of their forged documents they disguise as religions.

the irony for them will be the fruition of the simple religion of antiquity they are powerless to prevent. their own demise.

Says the guy who believes the Big Bang wasn’t the creation of space and time from nothing?

says the guy that is unwilling to say what sins they are unable to stop committing ... the chore they can not comprehend through their christian bible.

The gods lied to Adam and to Eve.

Why believe a liar?

Interesting. How so?

The Bible says it was Satan talking through the snake who lied.

I guess you forgot even though I gave you the description.

As the fable goes, yours gods said that eating the apple would have this affect:

16 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:
17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

The serpent said:

4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:
5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

A&E (not the cable station) didn't die

The gods lied. Satan told the truth.

Aren't you lucky to have me here to explain you religion to you?

Adam and Eve were not mortal beings, prior to the original sin.

Through their sin, they brought death (for all of mankind) into the world, but it did take them a long time to actually die.

God never said Adam and Eve would drop dead, if they ate from the tree of the knowledge of good an evil, but they did begin to die that very same day.

That's why God took the tree of life out of the Garden of Eden, after their sin.

Satan understood this, before Eve ate of the fruit. He lied.

Eve's sin wasn't theft.

What I learned from Bible studies is the Bible is "inerrant, authoritative, reliable, and sufficient to meet our needs." It is complete for our entire lives.

That said, when atheists/agnostics read it, it appears they have some different ideas of it and end up mixing it up so down is up and up is down. This is not the fault of the Bible. It is the fault of the reader who does not believe in God's existence. God wants us to take the first step and believe in him through faith. Atheists and agnostics do not end up taking this step for one reason or another. Thus, they take the negative position when the test being presented today is positive. Their position should be positive and have faith first. Now, it may sound funny but if Adam took the negative position on not eating the fruit from the Tree of Knowledge, then it would have taken the negative test presented to him by God and have made it positive. Thus, all would have remained status quo. Unfortunately, this did not happen in a short amount of time. Hard to believe, but out perfect parents could not say, "No." While today, the atheists/agnostics cannot say, "Yes" to God. They say "No" and "I don't know" and end up spiritually dead.

I guess that this happens in a short amount of time, too.

Check the early art, like the expulsion painting at the Vatican, and wonder why Satan is depicted as a female.

You mean Eve? She ate the forbidden fruit, gave it to Adam and passed along what Satan told her. Satan is the snake watching attentively to everything. Adam gets the sin because he was the first representative of the human race.

No I do not mean Eve. I meant Satan.

Tell us why Christians call what happened in Eden our fall, while singing that Adam's sin was a happy fault and necessary to God's plan?

As to the fall, what fall?

The Original Meaning Of Original Sin

Regards
DL

It's not what Christians interpret as "our" fall. The fall is not a gift from free will. Adam could have refused to disobey God's command and everything would be fine. We'd all be perfect and living a life in paradise. That was our gift from God.

As for Adam's act, God interpreted it as disobeying him because he gave dominion of the Earth to Adam and he represented the first human. Otherwise, he could point the finger at Eve or both. What Satan wanted was this dominion of the Earth and afterward he became "god of the world and prince of the power of the air."

So you think being ignorant of all knowledge is what makes us perfect.

That would be droll if not so silly.

God, in scriptures never takes dominion away from mankind, which has historically been shown.

A & E were so dumb before educating themselves, that they did not even know they were naked and able to reproduce.

That is a happy thought that had to be destroyed for man to progress.

Regards
DL

Forum List

Back