Who else thinks "The Who" were an embarrassment at the Super Bowl

Now you understand why Bobby Plant does not want to tour with Led Zeppelin anymore.

Paul McCartney and Billy Joel are the only two vintage performers who can still sing flawlessly.

Elton John still has it.

From not even three years ago:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmTcnpwcPtw]YouTube - Elton John - Mona Lisas And Mad Hatters (Live)[/ame]

Oh, as does The Boss.

Last edited:
I thought the Who's half-time show was just plain awful. I sing better than any of them when I'm in the shower. There comes a time when performers should have the good sense to retire and stay retired. What a big waste of electricity.

An old show biz saying, always leave them wanting more..

The Who didn't, unfortunately,

I personally thought the halftime show was GREAT!

Besides, what do you want for a halftime show? Possibly the half wit sister of the biggest pedophile in mankind's history having her pants pulled down? She's already shown her tits, and I've seen better in biker bars.

And, for anyone who is wondering if there are any more old rockers in the vein of The Who, lemmie lay just one name on ya.........

Mick Jones.

He used to be the lead singer of the Clash, then Big Audio Dynamite, BAD II, and now, he's formed yet another group called Carbon Silicon.

"Why do men fight?" is a GREAT song by Carbon Silicon.

Besides, what do you want for a halftime show? Possibly the half wit sister of the biggest pedophile in mankind's history having her pants pulled down? She's already shown her tits, and I've seen better in biker bars.

And, for anyone who is wondering if there are any more old rockers in the vein of The Who, lemmie lay just one name on ya.........

Mick Jones.

He used to be the lead singer of the Clash, then Big Audio Dynamite, BAD II, and now, he's formed yet another group called Carbon Silicon.

Don't you think it was just a little silly that the old guys were singing teenage wasteland?

Mick Jones.

Don't you think it was just a little silly that the old guys were singing teenage wasteland?

i think it would have been much cooler if they'd done talkin bout my generation and croaked in the middle of it.

Mick Jones.

i think it would have been much cooler if they'd done talkin bout my generation and croaked in the middle of it.

Thank you. :lol:

Mick Jones.

Listen Sarah, usually you and I agree on quite a bit, but on this one, you're wrong.

The Who are the ones THAT WROTE AND PLAYED THE SONG FIRST!!!!!!! IT'S THEIR SONG!!!!!

Why shouldn't they play it? You know, not all rock and roll comes from tv shows. Shit girl, there was once a time that MTV didn't exist, and if you wanted to see a performance of the group, you had to buy their albums or go see their concerts.

Besides, Teenage Wasteland is something that I grew up to! Interesting little factual side note by the way.............The Who (as in the band), and I are both the same age!

Mick Jones.

They wrote and created it, who else should sing it, some loser that uses tech instead of talent to make music?

BTW, the song is called 'Baba O'Reilly'

Mick Jones.

They wrote and created it, who else should sing it, some loser that uses tech instead of talent to make music?

Their teenage grandsons maybe?

Mick Jones.

Listen Sarah, usually you and I agree on quite a bit, but on this one, you're wrong.

The Who are the ones THAT WROTE AND PLAYED THE SONG FIRST!!!!!!! IT'S THEIR SONG!!!!!

Why shouldn't they play it? You know, not all rock and roll comes from tv shows. Shit girl, there was once a time that MTV didn't exist, and if you wanted to see a performance of the group, you had to buy their albums or go see their concerts.

Besides, Teenage Wasteland is something that I grew up to! Interesting little factual side note by the way.............The Who (as in the band), and I are both the same age!

i agree there my age too.and the classic rock bands are a thing of the past (thats when music actually sounded good)!!!there are some groups that sould stay retired.some still rock and roll and sound good like my fav. band (rush).i seen them live a couple years ago.and there my age too .and boy do they sound good.to bad they where not asked to be there in stead!!!.

Their teenage grandsons maybe?

What are You ... The Age Police? LOL News Flash, We All get Old.

I liked the performance. Nice change overs. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Who could have redeemed themselves by playing Pictures of Lily.

Forum List

Back