Who else thinks "The Who" were an embarrassment at the Super Bowl

They were ok. I miss the old Daltrey who could hit the high notes and then some.

My 12 year old liked them. He thought the music was really good (though he didn't quite understand why it was all from CSI shows. lol)

And when I said they didn't sound like they used to, he said:

"well, mom, what can you expect... they're like 90".

:lol:

Yes we were chuckling over imagining how the youngsters in the audience were singing along because they recognized the "CSI" songs.

What do those who hated it expect? They were singing live from a football stadium, not some recording studio where everything is digital remastered.

It was cool, I say honor the Rock Legends like them while we still can, because soon us "oldsters" won't have them around anymore, and the young'ins will be complaining about Coldplay and Justin Timberlake sounding crotchety! :lol:

I liked it, wish it would have been longer.

Do you really think the likes of Coldplay and Justin Timberlake will be doing Super Bowl Half-Time shows 40 years from now?

I doubt it.

They don't have anywhere near the staying power that the music and the groups of the
'60s have.

What do those who hated it expect? They were singing live from a football stadium, not some recording studio where everything is digital remastered.

It was cool, I say honor the Rock Legends like them while we still can, because soon us "oldsters" won't have them around anymore, and the young'ins will be complaining about Coldplay and Justin Timberlake sounding crotchety! :lol:

No lip syncing, no over dubs. That's the way it should be..and that's the way it was!

I don't disagree. Like I said, I thought they were OK.

But I'll just point out that my guy, Bruce, did it last year and rocked the house. :eusa_whistle:

But I'll just point out that my guy, Bruce, did it last year and rocked the house. :eusa_whistle:

He sure did! :D

Mini Echo wants Led Zeppelin to do it next year lol. Hey, so do I! :eusa_pray:

With some lip sync and over dubs though!

The Who played it straight!

:eek:

OMG my slaves said the same thing!!!

I was never a huge Who Fan, but I liked the lightshow which I guess was only half as impressive in 60" HD as it was in Miami.

I had to whack one slave until he ceased humming

With some lip sync and over dubs though!

The Who played it straight!

There wasn't any lip sync or overdub as far as I know.

Feel free to provide a credible link to that. Me? I KNOW he was just like he is in concert.

I thought the Who's half-time show was just plain awful. I sing better than any of them when I'm in the shower. There comes a time when performers should have the good sense to retire and stay retired. What a big waste of electricity.

Zep isn't my thing. But I hear ya.

Think they'd let Green Day or Lady Gaga do it? :eusa_whistle:

Old and off key they are still better then the shit that passes for music today.

And we miss the ox!

220px-John_Entwistle.jpg

Forum List

Back