Who else thinks "The Who" were an embarrassment at the Super Bowl

it was horrid...i couldnt believe it.... thankfully the lightshow was okay.....i think lady gaga would have been a good choice....not the baby boomers of rock....

You Folks are too critical. It's like the "Princess and the Pea". Maybe They ought to have exposed more breast, or Tattoo's Maybe next Year We could petition for Human Sacrifice, if that isn't too boring for You?
The Who earned My respect and gratitude before most of You were even born. Go watch MTV and leave the grown up's alone. :):):)

Maybe it was the Bushmills, but I thought The Who were outstanding.

Bushmills is the shit! :eusa_drool:

But I was sober and still thought they were outstanding.

I was sober and I couldn't stand them. The cheap light show was even worse than them attempting to perform.

Sorry Sarah, but when your nipples start slapping your hip bones, and your butt cheeks are tapping on the backs of your knees, I can guarantee you one thing.........

There are going to be times during that age of your life where you will yearn for your younger days and you'll try to repeat some of them.

Me? I'm doing the same thing right now........I started riding my bicycle (road racer), and last summer let the kids at the neighborhood park talk me into climbing trees.

I'm 45.

I'd have rather seen the zombies of Motzart and Barry White sing a ragtime duet with 70s gogo dancers in the background.

When I saw the guys that were doing the show I left my living room and went to the store with my cousin to buy some more food since we were running out. Got back in time to see the end of it... I seriously think they'd be better playing at a retirment home on wednesday afternoons then at the Halftime Show at the superbowl.

Thank God for that onside kick starting the second half...

The Who was just plain awful. There comes a point when these guys should retire and stay retired. They have obviously reached it. It's a shame to have such an ego to think that just because you were great once you will always be great. I sing better than they do in the shower and I sound like a croaking frog when I sing. I think the whole thing was a waste of electricity.

Did you really expect them to sound like a remastered CD ? I had a great time listening to some great old rock classics.

I did, too. The solos weren't good at all, but it was fun. Kind of like an old timers all star game. There was the horrifying prospect of a Townsend wardrobe malfunction.

The light show was spectacular.

Through all the years and the lost upper register, the "feeling" of the song songs was there. I remembered, more felt, the first time I heard the See Me, Touch Me song as I watched them perform.

Did you really expect them to sound like a remastered CD ? I had a great time listening to some great old rock classics.

I did, too. The solos weren't good at all, but it was fun. Kind of like an old timers all star game. There was the horrifying prospect of a Townsend wardrobe malfunction.

Through all the years and the lost upper register, the "feeling" of the song songs was there. I remembered, more felt, the first time I heard the See Me, Touch Me song as I watched them perform.
The only thing missing was Townsend smashing his guitar!

Other than that, they rocked!

The only thing missing was Townsend smashing his guitar!

Other than that, they rocked!

On this thing, we both agree.

I saw The Who live twice including a 1973 concert that was unbelievable here in Atlanta. I grew up in that era and that era is when the Super Bowl came into greatness. We thought it was great and it was live unlike a Black Eyed Pea concert where 90% of it is piped in crap.

I saw The Who live twice including a 1973 concert that was unbelievable here in Atlanta. I grew up in that era and that era is when the Super Bowl came into greatness. We thought it was great and it was live unlike a Black Eyed Pea concert where 90% of it is piped in crap.

In the Omni. Was there also.

Forum List

Back