What religion were our founding fathers worshipping?

so, did you want to make a point about how I self identify with the metaphysical or not? In case you haven't noticed, im not one to avoid anything you've got to offer.

You've just been used to prove a point here.

:badgrin:

I believe it, as I've witnessed acts of intolerance by religious persons, fellow Catholics actually, first hand. But I agree with you that atheists/ agnostics are also intolerant, many more so and more vehement, as evidenced by many examples in this forum. Here's a recent example: http://www.usmessageboard.com/763697-post172.html

Unfortunately for you, FACTS are not "tolorant" of ideals that are unfounded bullshit with nary the slightest iota of evidence to offer.

You know.. like Franklins AUTOBIOGRAPHY!

:lol:

poor guy.. go ahead and lash out though. It's cute in a "toddler stomping his foot" sorta way.

I believe it, as I've witnessed acts of intolerance by religious persons, fellow Catholics actually, first hand. But I agree with you that atheists/ agnostics are also intolerant, many more so and more vehement, as evidenced by many examples in this forum. Here's a recent example: http://www.usmessageboard.com/763697-post172.html

Unfortunately for you, FACTS are not "tolorant" [sic] of ideals that are unfounded bullshit with nary the slightest iota of evidence to offer.

You know.. like Franklins [sic] AUTOBIOGRAPHY!

poor guy.. go ahead and lash out though. It's cute in a "toddler stomping his foot" sorta way.
Actually I find your literary gaffes and rantings humorous. :badgrin:

Actually I find your literary gaffes and rantings humorous. :badgrin:

ahh yes.. back to the ole spelling patrol since it's pretty clear you have no leg to stand on with the topic of this thread?

It's cool. Like i said.. cute like a toddler stomping a foot.

:D

Wow you've run out of material now, too. :badgrin:
Oh? Ok then, let's put your bullshit under the microscope:
Interesting tactic: deny the dictionary definition,...
This never happened. You made this shit up. I denied YOUR reading of three different definitions, these being:
This offered by Glockmail:
de•ism: a movement or system of thought advocating natural religion, emphasizing morality, and in the 18th century denying the interference of the Creator with the laws of the universe
AND these offered by me
Deism Defined

Deism is defined in Webster's Encyclopedic Dictionary, 1941, as: "[From Latin Deus, God.Deity] The doctrine or creed of a Deist." And Deist is defined in the same dictionary as: "One who believes in the existence of a God or supreme being but denies revealed religion, basing his belief on the light of nature and reason." The above definition is from a non-Deist source. Please see our expanded definition of Deism in our Deist Glossary below.

Deism: Deism is the recognition of a universal creative force greater than that demonstrated by mankind, supported by personal observation of laws and designs in nature and the universe, perpetuated and validated by the innate ability of human reason coupled with the rejection of claims made by individuals and organized religions of having received special divine revelation. [emphasis later added by Glockmail]

From these definitions, Glockmail, you conclude that Deists belive that God does not care about the people He created--
Wow that’s a stretch. Praying to a god that isn’t listening is good for the soul that he doesn’t care about.
This, based upon some shit you made up.

Then you further conclude that Deists believe God cannot intervene in his creation.
Actually no, since a deist denies that his god can impact his life.
This is patently false on it's face, and your conclusion is based upon some foundation that is just some more shit you made up.
...put forth your own that reinforces the dictionary definition,...
No definition I submitted is my own (another piece of completely made up shit on your part), and the definitions I offered in no way assert or support that Deists believe God does not care about human beings, or that Deists believe God cannot intervene in his creation. Those are conclusions, Glockmail, derived from shit you made up.

...claim victory,...
This, of course, never happened either. I claimed you were wrong; and you are--patently so.

...get called on it,...
If your bullshit accusations are what constitutes "getting called on it", then I suppose you're right, but I fail to see your point, since you just make up all this shit anyway.

...repeat.
By "repeat", you must mean repeatedly pointing out your glaring errors in logic and fact, proving you to be utterly wrong, completely out of your mind, and an unrepentant liar.

Amusing, but I did expect better from the Great LOki. :lol:
You no doubt find it amusing, otherwise you would not insist upon being such a monument to disingenuous falsehood, and prima-facie denial of reality.

serie_kapow_thumb.jpg

Oh? Ok then, let's put your bullshit under the microscope:This never happened. You made this shit up. I denied YOUR reading of three different definitions, these being:
This offered by Glockmail:AND these offered by me

From these definitions, Glockmail, you conclude that Deists belive that God does not care about the people He created--This, based upon some shit you made up.

Then you further conclude that Deists believe God cannot intervene in his creation. This is patently false on it's face, and your conclusion is based upon some foundation that is just some more shit you made up.
No definition I submitted is my own (another piece of completely made up shit on your part), and the definitions I offered in no way assert or support that Deists believe God does not care about human beings, or that Deists believe God cannot intervene in his creation. Those are conclusions, Glockmail, derived from shit you made up.

This, of course, never happened either. I claimed you were wrong; and you are--patently so.

If your bullshit accusations are what constitutes "getting called on it", then I suppose you're right, but I fail to see your point, since you just make up all this shit anyway.

By "repeat", you must mean repeatedly pointing out your glaring errors in logic and fact, proving you to be utterly wrong, completely out of your mind, and an unrepentant liar.

You no doubt find it amusing, otherwise you would not insist upon being such a monument to disingenuous falsehood, and prima-facie denial of reality.
Wow so much bluster. Too bad there's nothing new here. :lol:

More made up shit.

For something new to happen, you'd have present a valid argument--you'd have to be right.
Which you have been unable to do.

More made up shit.

For something new to happen, you'd have present a valid argument--you'd have to be right.
Which you have been unable to do.

Oh, lookie here, more deists support the actual definition, : Deism has become identified with the classical belief that God created but does not intervene in the world, though this is not a necessary component of deism.
…..
Many deists who do not believe in divine intervention still find value in prayer. They think of it as a form of meditation and self-cleansing, which can improve one's life and lead to one's efforts being more effective. However, many deists consider all prayer an attempt to establish a personal relationship with God, something deists do not believe is possible. Temple of Reason :razz:

Oh, lookie here, more deists support the actual definition, : Deism has become identified with the classical belief that God created but does not intervene in the world, though this is not a necessary component of deism.
But they do not support your conclusion, since this still does not say God cannot intervene in the world.

As the track official said to the last runner, "Give it up, the race is over, LOSER!"

Many deists who do not believe in divine intervention still find value in prayer. They think of it as a form of meditation and self-cleansing, which can improve one's life and lead to one's efforts being more effective. However, many deists consider all prayer an attempt to establish a personal relationship with God, something deists do not believe is possible. Temple of Reason :razz:
So many Deists in fact DO believe prayer is good (which you have flatly denied), AND still nothing here that asserts Deists believe that God doesn't care, nor anything asserting that they believe God cannot intervene in His creation.

As the track team's bus driver said to the last runner, "Have fun walking home, LOSER!" :badgrin:

BTW: Your source also provides their definition for Deism:
"Historical and modern Deism is defined by the view that reason, rather than revelation or tradition, should be the basis of belief in God. Deists reject both organized and revealed religion and maintain that reason is the essential element in all knowledge. For a "rational basis for religion" they refer to the cosmological argument (first cause argument), the teleological argument (argument from design), and other aspects of what was called natural religion. Deism has become identified with the classical belief that God created but does not intervene in the world, though this is not a necessary component of deism."
You should note, Glockmail, that this definition does not assert that God doesn't care about human beings, or assert that God cannot intervene in His creation.​

Last edited:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

now THAT is fucking RICH!

hey, L. Ron called! He wants some QT in the science class too!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

So, lemme get this strait.. some deist organization organized 25 years AFTER the revoution reflects everyone who self described themselves in their own fucking AUTOBIOGRAPHY? So, I guess that means that Joe Smith and Brigham Young speak for YOUR christian faith too, right?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA!

oh.. what.. NO??? THEY DONT??

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH!

holy SHIT thats good stuff right there.

....As the track official said to the last runner, "Give it up, the race is over, LOSER!"......

As the track team's bus driver said to the last runner, "Have fun walking home, LOSER!" :badgrin:.....
Obviously you've never been to a track meet or participated in one, have you? :lol:

The Founders speak for themselves, with my comments in brackets:

"Except the Lord build the house, They labor in vain who build it." "I firmly believe this." Benjamin Franklin, 1787, Constitutional Convention
[A deist would not refer to god as “The Lord”, an obvious reference to Jesus.]

"The religion which has introduced civil liberty is the religion of Christ and His Apostles.... This is genuine Christianity and to this we owe our free constitutions of government." Noah Webster [A deist would never mention Christ.]

"Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that His justice cannot sleep forever." President Thomas Jefferson [A deist would not believe that a “connection” with God is possible.]

"Providence has given to our people the choice of their rulers. And it is the duty as well as the privilege and interest, of a Christian nation to select and prefer Christians for their rulers." First Chief Justice of Supreme Court John Jay [A deist would not believe that Providence intervenes to a Christian people.]

"We have staked the whole of all our political institutions upon the capacity of mankind for self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to the Ten Commandments of God." President James Madison [A deist would not subscribe to the Ten Commandments, which requires worship to God.]

"If we make religion our business, God will make it our blessedness." John Adams [Religion requires a personal relationship with God, something a deist believes is impossible.]

"Let the children...be carefully instructed in the principles and obligations of the Christian religion. This is the most essential part of education. The great enemy of the salvation of man, in my opinion, never invented a more effectual means of extirpating [removing] Christianity from the world than by persuading mankind that it was improper to read the Bible at schools." Benjamin Rush [A deist would not consider Christianity essential to education.]

"It is no slight testimonial, both to the merit and worth of Christianity, that in all ages since its promulgation the great mass of those who have risen to eminence by their profound wisdom and integrity have recognized and reverenced Jesus of Nazareth as the Son of the living God." President John Quincy Adams [A deist would never have reverence for Jesus.]

“All chaplains are to perform divine service tomorrow, and on every succeeding Sunday…. The commander in chief expects an exact compliance with this order, and that it be observed in future as an invariable rule of practice—and every neglect will be considered not only a breach of orders, but a disregard to decency, virtue and religion.” Head-Quarters, Middle Brook, June 28, 1777. [A deist would never require worship and prayers.]

nice chopshop treatment of actual quotes, dude... Hey, I bet I can copy and past particular words from YOUR posts and make your own statements INSIST THAT YOU LOVE THE COCK!

how impressive that would be, eh?

face it, dude. you lose.

Now, L. Ron and Joe Smith want to talk to you about how they reflect your personal faith!

HA!

naw.. i'll go ahead and let you sit there and fester in your own ignorance, dude. It's pretty obvious why you used multiple quotations in each sentence... and i've bitchslapped you with actual, non-edited quotes already in this thread and it doesn't seem to phase your willingness to butcher quotes so...

you FAIL.

Forum List

Back