What's wrong with this guy? Biden Officially Attempts to Remove God from Thanksgiving with 2023 Proclamation

Unlike all the holy wars the world has had.
Unlike kings & dictators deciding what church you attend.
AMERICA gave us choice, To BE ABLE to follow our hearts & minds.

Nuisum possesses an analytical mind with an enormous appetite for the answers to life's hidden questions. They are driven by a desire for knowledge and truth,

I'm a devout Christian. I've never been confronted by a proselytizing Atheist. Never.
Before addressing the issue of religion the US Constitution, you're a living example of contradiction: xianity is the world's #1 religion for secreting atheism.

I stopped believing in any God a long time ago. Atheism is the complete lack of religion.

And I have never confronted any religious person telling them that they should believe just like I do.
Well you're a unicorn, brah. Because many do exactly that.

Atheism is the religion of "There is no God and you're a stupid poopyhead if you don't believe just like I do."

They're worse than Jehovah's witnesses with proselytizing and being a general nuisum.

Nuisum possesses an analytical mind with an enormous appetite for the answers to life's hidden questions. They are driven by a desire for knowledge and truth,

I'm a devout Christian. I've never been confronted by a proselytizing Atheist. Never.

That was "nuisum" in "The Little Rascals" sense. :rolleyes-41:

You've never been confronted by any atheists online, ever? :uhh:

The Little Rascals were a bit before my time. I was a Spanky and Our Gang kid.

No atheists have confronted me online either. I think that I would have to start the confrontation, which I would never do. Jesus doesn't like that.
As if "The Little Rascals" and "Spanky and Our Gang" are two vastly different entities. :auiqs.jpg:

Both had Alfalfa, Spanky, Darla, Petey, Stimey, and Buckwheat.

I know it was a show, but it was pretty representative of America.

As it was before Obama, that is.

I don't think that is the case. Besides, while I have never confronted anyone, I have been told I will burn in hell many times.
That's you and you're a cool dude, most atheists are not.

Did you you miss the challenge issued to me earlier in this thread?

Posts #263 and #267

Atheists other than you like to proselytize and say "If you don't believe like me, you're a stupid poopyhead".

You are an exception to that norm.

As if "The Little Rascals" and "Spanky and Our Gang" are two vastly different entities. :auiqs.jpg:

Both had Alfalfa, Spanky, Darla, Petey, Stimey, and Buckwheat.

I know it was a show, but it was pretty representative of America.

As it was before Obama, that is.
We didn't get our first TV until I was six.

If you say so. Feel free to espouse that to someone who cares.
You're only a model from here on, then.
'Since each of us were several, there was really quite a crowd.
(Interview with Deleuze and Guattari on the authorship of Anti-Oedipus: Capitalism and Schizophrenia)

'In Nietzsche and Philosophy, Deleuze wrote that the atheism secreted by Christianity is that of a bad conscience and (resentment [italics]). In his book on the painter, Francis Bacon, for example, he suggested that "Christianity contains a germ of (tranquil atheism [it.]) that will (nurture [it.]) painting.'
In his 1980 lectures on Spinoza, he insisted that "atheism has never been external to religion." '
(Shults, Iconoclastic Theology)

Replying to Nostra's miseducation (above), Constitutional lawyer Seidel explains the history:

'And even if the founders were all Christian and this fallacious logic held, we (know [italics]) that they never cited biblical principles during the constitutional convention and ramifications, as we'll see in Chapter Six (2017, Congressional Prayer Caucus Foundation, "Report and Analysis on Religious Freedom Measures Impacting Prayer and Faith in America, p. 5)

The religious faith of the founders is irrelevant for another reason: they made it irrelevant when they erected a "wall of separation" between religion and the government they created. The Constitution deliberately rejects comingling religion and government. The Constitution severed religion's power from government to limit the danger it would pose; separates church and state; prohibits a religious test for public office; and, as Alexander Hamilton put it, gives the president "no particle of spiritual jurisdiction."
...."No....shall....ever....any." They words are a mandate. Joseph Story, Supreme Court Justice from 1812 to 1854, wrote the first definitive commentaries on the Constitution. He explained that the clause was "not introduced merely for the purpose of satisfying the scruples of many respectable persons, who feel an invincible repugnance to any religious test." According to Story, "It had a higher objective: to cut off for ever every pretence of any alliance between church and state in the national government."
There is no freedom of religion without a government that is free from religion....there was no example of a truly secular government. No other nation had sought to protect the ability of its citizens to think freely by separating the government from religion and religion from the government.

Americans should celebrate this "great American principle of eternal separation." It's ours. It's an American original. We ought to be proud of that contribution to the world, not bury it under myths.'
(Seidel, The Founding Myth: Why Christian Nationalism is Un-American)

You're only a model from here on, then.
'Since each of us were several, there was really quite a crowd.
(Interview with Deleuze and Guattari on the authorship of Anti-Oedipus: Capitalism and Schizophrenia)

'In Nietzsche and Philosophy, Deleuze wrote that the atheism secreted by Christianity is that of a bad conscience and (resentment [italics]). In his book on the painter, Francis Bacon, for example, he suggested that "Christianity contains a germ of (tranquil atheism [it.]) that will (nurture [it.]) painting.'
In his 1980 lectures on Spinoza, he insisted that "atheism has never been external to religion." '
(Shults, Iconoclastic Theology)

Replying to Nostra's miseducation (above), Constitutional lawyer Seidel explains the history:

'And even if the founders were all Christian and this fallacious logic held, we (know [italics]) that they never cited biblical principles during the constitutional convention and ramifications, as we'll see in Chapter Six (2017, Congressional Prayer Caucus Foundation, "Report and Analysis on Religious Freedom Measures Impacting Prayer and Faith in America, p. 5)

The religious faith of the founders is irrelevant for another reason: they made it irrelevant when they erected a "wall of separation" between religion and the government they created. The Constitution deliberately rejects comingling religion and government. The Constitution severed religion's power from government to limit the danger it would pose; separates church and state; prohibits a religious test for public office; and, as Alexander Hamilton put it, gives the president "no particle of spiritual jurisdiction."
...."No....shall....ever....any." They words are a mandate. Joseph Story, Supreme Court Justice from 1812 to 1854, wrote the first definitive commentaries on the Constitution. He explained that the clause was "not introduced merely for the purpose of satisfying the scruples of many respectable persons, who feel an invincible repugnance to any religious test." According to Story, "It had a higher objective: to cut off for ever every pretence of any alliance between church and state in the national government."
There is no freedom of religion without a government that is free from religion....there was no example of a truly secular government. No other nation had sought to protect the ability of its citizens to think freely by separating the government from religion and religion from the government.

Americans should celebrate this "great American principle of eternal separation." It's ours. It's an American original. We ought to be proud of that contribution to the world, not bury it under myths.'
(Seidel, The Founding Myth: Why Christian Nationalism is Un-American)
2ig53f.jpg

We pick the middle one as symbolic for the dems allowing baboons to loot and burn Portland.

'Paradoxically, neo-Stalinists and social democrats, who can only think the socius in the framework of a rigid insertion into Statist functions and structures, are to be classed. There are those whose faith in capitalism leads them to justify all the have wreaked by modernity - on man, culture, the environment - because they gauge, that as a last resort they will be the bringers of benefits and progress.'
(Guattari, Schizoanalytic Cartographies)

Thanksgiving is not and has never been a "faith based" holiday. It is and always has been a completely secular holiday - celebrated all by all faiths, all races, and all religions. A day to give Thanks for the harvest, your family, your nation and your life. Who you thank and what you're grateful for are up to you.
Wrong Lizardbitch. Abraham Lincoln started the celebrating Thanksgiving as a national holiday via a proclamation “entreating all Americans to ask God to ‘commend to his tender care all those who have become widows, orphans, mourners or sufferers in the lamentable civil strife’ and to ‘heal the wounds of the nation.’

October 3, 1863
By the President of the United States
A Proclamation

The year that is drawing toward its close has been filled with the blessings of fruitful fields and healthful skies. To these bounties, which are so constantly enjoyed that we are prone to forget the source from which they come, others have been added, which are of so extraordinary a nature that they cannot fail to penetrate and soften the heart which is habitually insensible to the ever-watchful providence of Almighty God.

In the midst of a civil war of unequaled magnitude and severity, which has sometimes seemed to foreign states to invite and provoke their aggressions, peace has been preserved with all nations, order has been maintained, the laws have been respected and obeyed, and harmony has prevailed everywhere, except in the theater of military conflict; while that theater has been greatly contracted by the advancing armies and navies of the Union.
Needful diversions of wealth and of strength from the fields of peaceful industry to the national defense have not arrested the plow, the shuttle, or the ship; the ax has enlarged the borders of our settlements, and the mines, as well of iron and coal as of the precious metals, have yielded even more abundantly than heretofore. Population has steadily increased, notwithstanding the waste that has been made in the camp, the siege, and the battlefield, and the country, rejoicing in the consciousness of augmented strength and vigor, is permitted to expect continuance of years with large increase of freedom.

No human counsel hath devised, nor hath any mortal hand worked out these great things. They are the gracious gifts of the Most High God, who while dealing with us in anger for our sins, hath nevertheless remembered mercy.

It has seemed to me fit and proper that they should be solemnly, reverently, and gratefully acknowledged as with one heart and one voice by the whole American people. I do, therefore, invite my fellow-citizens in every part of the United States, and also those who are at sea and those who are sojourning in foreign lands, to set apart and observe the last Thursday of November next as a Day of Thanksgiving and Praise to our beneficent Father who dwelleth in the heavens. And I recommend to them that, while offering up the ascriptions justly due to Him for such singular deliverances and blessings, they do also, with humble penitence for our national perverseness and disobedience, commend to His tender care all those who have become widows, orphans, mourners, or sufferers in the lamentable civil strife in which we are unavoidably engaged, and fervently implore the interposition of the Almighty hand to heal the wounds of the nation, and to restore it, as soon as may be consistent with the Divine purposes, to the full enjoyment of peace, harmony, tranquility, and union.

In testimony whereof, I have hereunto set my hand and caused the seal of the United Stated States to be affixed.

Done at the city of Washington, this third day of October, in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and sixty-three, and of the Independence of the United States the eighty-eighth.

Forum List

Back