What religion were our founding fathers worshipping?

No. Knowing Shogun...he probably meant Mound of Jello.

I guess you could always follow the link and find out for yourself instead of hinting at your jello wrestling past

female_jello_wrestling_girls_03.jpg

:eusa_angel:

What religion were our founding fathers worshipping? When I say founding fathers, I mean founding fathers of the United States of America - George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, John Adams, etc.? I do not believe it was Christianity. The original Constitution does not mention any specific reference to Christianity being the official religion of the USA. Am I wrong?

Not really sure they were worshiping a religion. (I never knew people did that). They were more than likely worshiping God. And they of course had a Christian background.

The religion the FF really worshiped was rational materialism.

As a reaction to monarchism, it made great sense.

But centuries later we're beginning to realize that this philosophy has its own unique set of problematic outcomes, too.

Time for a new world philosophy for the 21st century, methinks.

And what do you propose?

And what do you propose?

Starting out with the recogition that mankind is going to sink or swin together seems sensible.

Not an easy thing to do, of course, given that the world's governments and corporate leaders are still squabbling over who gets the first-class cabins on the Titanic.

What we really need, I think, is an outside enemy -- one which would make humanity realize that we share this world, and need to work together if we're going to survive as a species.

Sadly, those occupants in those UFO's (no I've never seen one, and no, I don't believe that we're being watched, either) don't seem interested in attacking us to give us that unifying motive to start acting like adults.

I think the neo-cons are philosophically attempting to end rule by representational goverment entirely, much like the early Masons seemed bent on ending rule by Monarchs.

Their plan seems to be to bankrupt the USA such that the services people need will come from private international corporations (but only to those they deem worthy) thus ending the monopoly that governments have over the earth.

I think they basically want to keep the forms of government in place (at least during the transition phase of change) such that they can manipulate the people using the force of government, so they are setting up laws and systems that give them control of those governments.

But ultimately they want some sort of benevolent dictatorial rule by corporations (read rule by the elite of those corporations).

Now the real question is, will their vision of a more peaceful and productive plant, one ruled by the corporatists, actually produce that utopian world they imagine?

It might.

But the transition from rule by governments to rule by big money is going to be a mighty rocky transition for most of us, since a big part of making the change depends on breaking down the social services networks that government have in place in practically every nation on earth.

I think these guys are actually smart enough and powerful enough to pull this off, by the way. I can easily see that by the end of this century the world of nations and governments that I knew would be completely different.

Given the mess that our current systems are making of things, there is some brutally calculating logic to their plan.

I'll push this rambling of mine into the realm of social science fiction now.

Let me propose that among other things, the Neo-cons recognize that the earth's load of human being is too high.

The earth does not have the resources for ALL of us to have the sort of affluent life each of us expects.

So possibly, the brutal transtion phase, the one where governments break down and something approaching anarchy will kils off billions of people, is part of the plan.

I can easily see people of this ilk regretting that mankind has to cut back on population, but making the decision to do it, anyway.

Truly pragmatic sociopathic personalities, ones who think in terms of using their brains and influence to "save humankind from suicide by representational governments" might very well be trying to make things worse (much like the communists often did) so that things will get bad enough that people will be prepared for the corporate model that they have in mind.

All speculation, of course...but specualtion based on the "Starve the beast" philosophy which is NOT something I dreamed up, but something that militant neo-cons are more than willing to admit they are trying to make happen.

yea right.. that dudes had his ass handed to him since the second page.. and he knows it.

Why not? I've handed you your ass originally and now everyone else is having fun tag teaming my sloppy seconds. Might as well stick around and join the laughing throng having fun at your expense!

Post 135. :cuckoo:
This:
"Deism is the recognition of a universal creative force greater than that demonstrated by mankind, supported by personal observation of laws and designs in nature and the universe, perpetuated and validated by the innate ability of human reason coupled with the rejection of claims made by individuals and organized religions of having received special divine revelation."
Does not mean that Deists believe God cannot intervene in His creation, as you claim it does; nor does it mean that Deists believe that God does not care about the souls of the people He created.

Shogun is right: You are FAIL. :lol:

This:Does not mean that Deists believe God cannot intervene in His creation, as you claim it does; nor does it mean that Deists believe that God does not care about the souls of the people He created.

Shogun is right: You are FAIL. :lol:

Again, "coupled with the rejection of claims made by individuals and organized religions of having received special divine revelation" means exactly what it says, that deists don't believe that their god interacts with man or is a force in his history. Therefore a deist thinks that prayer for "special divine revelation" is a waste of time.

Perhaps you have an alternate explanation to share with us? :eusa_whistle:

Again, "coupled with the rejection of claims made by individuals and organized religions of having received special divine revelation" means exactly what it says, that deists don't believe that their god interacts with man or is a force in his history.
An ENTIRELY different assertion than He CAN"T intervene in His creation. So you clearly understand your failure there.

Therefore a deist thinks that prayer for "special divine revelation" is a waste of time.
Which in NO WAY means that the Deist believes that God doesn't care about the human beings He created. Now you know how you failed on both you assertions in your reading of the definition of Deism.

Perhaps you have an alternate explanation to share with us? :eusa_whistle:
:cuckoo:

An ENTIRELY different assertion than He CAN"T intervene in His creation. So you clearly understand your failure there.

Which in NO WAY means that the Deist believes that God doesn't care about the human beings He created. Now you know how you failed on both you assertions in your reading of the definition of Deism.

:cuckoo:

You're attempt to misunderstand simple English is quite amusing! :lol:

Forum List

Back