What religion were our founding fathers worshipping?

Careful now to wipe that droll off your chin before you electrocute yourself! :lol:

clearly, you cannot detect sarcasm...

much like you cannot detect FACT!

:lol:

poor guy.. again, you are why christians get stuck with the reputation they do when it comes to science.. well, that and your collective history of bonfires and mass ignorance.

:eusa_angel:

Post 201- still waiting ... :eusa_whistle:

waiting for what? the ability to post evidence beyond some assertion you made pages ago? Trust me, dude. if you HAD the evidence without haivng to butcher a quote you'd have posted it by now instead of trying to dance like a fucking marionette.

MEEEEEEEEEEEP!

you lose!

clearly, you cannot detect sarcasm...

much like you cannot detect FACT!

poor guy.. again, you are why christians get stuck with the reputation they do when it comes to science.. well, that and your collective history of bonfires and mass ignorance.

:eusa_angel:

Actually, the Catholic Church in Vatican 2 told us not to contradict or fight science...basically that we do not know everything about God or how he made us and it all to work, and that the Catholic Church was arrogant to presume that they did know precisely all that was needed to know about our creation....like when the Catholic church insisted that the world was flat....:eek:

Actually, the Catholic Church in Vatican 2 told us not to contradict or fight science...basically that we do not know everything about God or how he made us and it all to work, and that the Catholic Church was arrogant to presume that they did know precisely all that was needed to know about our creation....like when the Catholic church insisted that the world was flat....:eek:

Well science told us thalidomide was safe too. Who is it that you plan on trusting ?

NTP-CERHR: Common Concerns - Thalidomide

I'm fashionably late on this thread, but who cares what religion they were as long as our government never legislates in the name of religion?

I'm fashionably late on this thread, but who cares what religion they were as long as our government never legislates in the name of religion?

clearly, those who want to validate the inclusion of their dogma into government care.

One thing that I am sure you all know. Religion was the first form of government as a control system. Religion has never left since then and now at the center of the government. All governments lead back to the Roman Catholic Church through the secret societies. The Governments and the Higher end Catholic Church members don't care what religion anyone supports because they have no religion. The are all Humanist, agnostic and aethiest which Satanism as their background.

Satanism teach power over yourself and not to rely on a higher power but yourself.

One thing that I am sure you all know. Religion was the first form of government as a control system. Religion has never left since then and now at the center of the government. All governments lead back to the Roman Catholic Church through the secret societies. The Governments and the Higher end Catholic Church members don't care what religion anyone supports because they have no religion. The are all Humanist, agnostic and aethiest which Satanism as their background.

Satanism teach power over yourself and not to rely on a higher power but yourself.
Sober up.

It would be hard for me to do that seeing how I don't take any drugs or drink.

If you consider Vitamins and Minerals along with other suppliments something that might make me under the influence then you got me.

I already know about you LOki and who you really are. You just don"t know who you are past yourself now.

As I said previously, it helps to understand the Founders so that you can better interpret their writings. A true Christian doesn't legislate in the name of his religion, but uses his religion to help determine between right and wrong.

This where I question, why do we need someone to tell us what right and wrong is? We all know what is right and wrong.

Right now we are forced to live gray and neither black or white. That is what making to many rules does.

and christianity is not the standard by which this nation decides what is right or wrong.

first amendment, bitch. (not to mention all those Jefferson quotes and Franklin autobiographical passages!)

and christianity is not the standard by which this nation decides what is right or wrong.

first amendment, bitch. (not to mention all those Jefferson quotes and Franklin autobiographical passages!)

:cool:
John Adams said:
The United States of America have exhibited, perhaps, the first example of governments erected on the simple principles of nature; and if men are now sufficiently enlightened to disabuse themselves of artifice, imposture, hypocrisy, and superstition, they will consider this event as an era in their history. Although the detail of the formation of the American governments is at present little known or regarded either in Europe or in America, it may hereafter become an object of curiosity. It will never be pretended that any persons employed in that service had interviews with the gods, or were in any degree under the influence of Heaven, more than those at work upon ships or houses, or laboring in merchandise or agriculture; it will forever be acknowledged that these governments were contrived merely by the use of reason and the senses.

John Adams said:
FEBRUARY 22, 1756: Suppose a nation in some distant region should take the Bible for their only law book, and every member should regulate his conduct by the precepts there exhibited! Every member would be obliged, in conscience, to temperance and frugality and industry; to justice and kindness and charity towards his fellow men; and to piety, love and reverence towards Almighty God. In this commonwealth, no man would impair his health by gluttony, drunkenness, or lust; no man would sacrifice his most precious time to cards or any other trifling and mean amusement; no man would steal, or lie, or in any way defraud his neighbor, but would live in peace and good will with all men; no man would blaspheme his Maker or profane his worship; but a rational and manly, a sincere and unaffected piety and devotion would reign in all hearts. What a Utopia; what a Paradise would this region be

MARCH 2, 1756: Began this afternoon my third quarter. The great and Almighty author of nature, who at first established those rules which regulate the world, can as easily suspend those laws whenever his providence sees sufficient reason for such suspension. This can be no objection, then, to the miracles of Jesus Christ. Although some very thoughtful and contemplative men among the heathen attained a strong persuasion of the great principles of religion, yet the far greater number, having little time for speculation, gradually sunk into the grossest opinions and the grossest practices. These, therefore, could not be made to embrace the true religion till their attention was roused by some astonishing and miraculous appearances. The reasoning of philosophers, having nothing surprising in them, could not overcome the force of prejudice, custom, passion, and bigotry. But when wise and virtuous men commissioned from heaven, by miracles awakened men s attention to their reasonings, the force of truth made its way with ease to their minds.

AUGUST 24, 1796: One great advantage of the Christian religion is that it brings the great principle of the law of nature and nations Love your neighbor as yourself, and do to others as you would that others should do to you, to the knowledge, belief, and veneration of the whole people. Children, servants, women, and men, are all professors in the science of public and private morality. No other institution for education, no kind of political discipline, could diffuse this kind of necessary information, so universally among all ranks and descriptions of citizens. The duties and rights of the man and the citizen are thus taught from early infancy to every creature. The sanctions of a future life are thus added to the observance of civil and political, as well as domestic and private duties. Prudence, justice, temperance, and fortitude, are thus taught to be the means and conditions of future as well as present happiness.
emphasis added

Forum List

Back