What is wrong with being gay exactly?

The CDC says gay is a disease. Maybe we should quarantine them until SlyHunter comes up with the "zap gays in the womb" shot

No the CDC doesn't- just you lying again.

Clearly they do. The CDC so you know stands for Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Their job is diseases, and they track gays, so they are saying gay is a disease. It wasn't my call.

Hmmmmm are you really an idiot or just a liar?

Oh its pretty clear you are just a liar.

The CDC stands for Centers for Disease Control- and the CDC tracks many things- including
Swimming- do you think swimming is a disease?
CDC - Healthy Swimming and Recreational Water Home - Healthy Water

Many righties don't care, I'm not saying this is all of them. And I don't care about giving gays perks straights don't get. But there are a lot of comments personally about gays in those discussions I don't understand. So my question is this:

If two people:

- are gay
- are both consenting adults
- aren't in any other way harming anyone

Why do you care? Why would God care? There is no victim, why should they be unhappily with someone of the opposite sex instead of happily with someone who loves them and wants to be with them?

Makes no sense to me. Particularly explain why God would be against that. He made them that way, was he just screwing with them?

I don't think gay people are getting special perks, but I gave you a thumbs up anyway, because I agree with the rest of your OP.

Good job! :D

The courts have been saying if they don't like marriage the way the legislature defined it, that's not fair, the courts will cut through the rest of government, ignore balance of power and decree it for them so they don't have to convince anyone like everyone else would have to do.

Special perk? Damn right it is

No- just you lying again.

The Supreme Court has overturned marriage bans three times before on Constitutional grounds- you just object because this time its about gay marriage, and you want states to be able to discriminate against gays.

That is what you call a 'special perk'.....

Oh stop lying. We are a "Federal" Republic. Look up what that means

We are a federal Republican- and Federal Courts rule on Constitutional matters- and have overturned State marriage laws three times in the past.

You only care this time because this time it could prevent discrimination against gays.

A question might be asked is, "Why would any married couple deserve a perk of any kind?" The only real reason I can imagine to give a married couple a perk or gift is to encourage them to be model parents and benefit any children they have or may beget. Homosexuals get married to have sex. Friends don't need to have sex, and can be just as friendly towards each other without sex. However, a man and woman have the strong possibility to have children that will need good parents with good character. I feel that society benefits from that promotion and not the promotion of ones sexual prowess infatuations.

When you can name a state that denies a marriage license to heterosexuals unwilling or unable to procreate, you'd have an argument.

You don't have an argument.
This is a truly idiotic statement. It is unknown to most people whether they can have children until they try. And it is only through the permissive will of God that a couple may ever produce even one child. And they shouldn't be having relations until after they are married. And not following this formula is likely one of the common threads that cause couples the most pain and anguish later in their relationship.

But it is known for some people- and the States don't care.

As was asked in the Supreme Court oral arguments- would it be Constitutional for a State to ask a couple whether they are unable to have children?

What do you think- would you be in favor of the State asking that question before issuing a marriage license? That would- just like 'gay marriage' bans- prevent marriages that would not result in children.

A question might be asked is, "Why would any married couple deserve a perk of any kind?" The only real reason I can imagine to give a married couple a perk or gift is to encourage them to be model parents and benefit any children they have or may beget. Homosexuals get married to have sex. Friends don't need to have sex, and can be just as friendly towards each other without sex. However, a man and woman have the strong possibility to have children that will need good parents with good character. I feel that society benefits from that promotion and not the promotion of ones sexual prowess infatuations.

When you can name a state that denies a marriage license to heterosexuals unwilling or unable to procreate, you'd have an argument.

You don't have an argument.
This is a truly idiotic statement. It is unknown to most people whether they can have children until they try. And it is only through the permissive will of God that a couple may ever produce even one child. And they shouldn't be having relations until after they are married. And not following this formula is likely one of the common threads that cause couples the most pain and anguish later in their relationship.

Okay, you've officially gone off the deep end. God has nothing to do with whether or not someone gets pregnant. It takes a sperm and an egg...and gays do have those.

You don't have an argument because there are millions of married heterosexual couples that are childless by choice or because of medical difficulties. No where in the United States has a couple been denied a marriage license because they didn't plan on having kids or are unable to. In fact, there are states in the US where certain couples must demonstrate an inability to procreate before they can civilly marry.
A child was never born that GOD didn't permit to exist. And the whole issue of "Civil" marriage in the US is certainly a rather new phenomenon that is now rearing its ugly head in the promotion of "Gay" marriage.

Luckily the Supreme Court is not ruling on God, but on Civil Marriage.

This idea that marriage is strictly about procreation is ridiculous. So those who are sterile shouldn't marry because they're not going to be parents.

I guess older couples shouldn't marry either since they can no longer have children and their marriage is about sex. No one wants to think about grannies having sex. That's just wrong. No marriage for them.

Marriage is about a lot more than sex and having children. Marriage is a partnership of love and sharing. It's having someone who cares for you and builds a life with you.

It doesn't matter if it's two men, two women, or one of each, the need to share that kind of love and commitment should not be withheld from same sex couples.
I know very few older couples capable of living together in marriage. In most cases only the wife survives and the husband is long gone. And the simple fact is that marriage was not designed for old people. Marriage was designed for the young couple. It could be argued that much of want we term marriage today was traditionalized by women for the woman. A young couple that lives long enough will become an old couple. My father is 90 and my mother is 85. They didn't get married just yesterday ----- and they have 3 children and 5 grandchildren to prove it.

People do not need sex to show love and commitment; however, one does need a man and a woman in order to produce a child. In order for a society to grow it needs healthy and happy children and NOT "happy" sexual deviants.

What state or locality prohibits marriage if the couple is unwilling or unable to procreate? Why would you expect a different standard for gays than you would apply to heterosexuals?

BTW, gays are not incapable of reproducing...

infographic-5.20.131%5B1%5D.jpg
It's an acceptable reason to get a divorce.

With no-fault divorce- there is no need for a reason.

The CDC stands for Centers for Disease Control- and the CDC tracks many things- including

OK, that's classic. You didn't read the first paragraph of your own link. Here is is, Buckwheat

CDC Ebola Update
Swimming in U.S. treated recreational water (for example, in pools, hot tubs/spas, or interactive fountains) is not known to pose a risk for Ebola infection. For the most up-to-date information, visit CDC’s Ebola website.

They track swimming because of ... wait for it ... diseases. You just supported my point, they are tracking gays because gay is a disease

With being gay - nothing i think.
But the problem is in homosexual propaganda, only in propaganda. Their parades are awful and there is no place for such events in our country!
And sometimes in homosexuals(when they think that all people should do everything like homosexuals want)

So....you want to outlaw gay parades......because......of the parades you have actually seen? Or because of what people have told you?

I live in San Francisco- home of one of the largest Gay Pride Parades- I used to go regularly to watch the parade because they were just fun.

But I haven't gone in years- and shockingly- no one is forcing me to go or to watch. Why don't I go? Because it is too damn crowded- we have to fight to get a spot with a decent view.

Nobody 'accidentally' watches the SF Pride Parade- you can't get near it without serious effort.

So if gay parades offend you so much- don't go to them.

Problem solved.

Many righties don't care, I'm not saying this is all of them. And I don't care about giving gays perks straights don't get. But there are a lot of comments personally about gays in those discussions I don't understand. So my question is this:

If two people:

- are gay

Why do you care? Why would God care? There is no victim, why should they be unhappily with someone of the opposite sex instead of happily with someone who loves them and wants to be with them?

Makes no sense to me. Particularly explain why God would be against that. He made them that way, was he just screwing with them?

I don't think gay people are getting special perks, but I gave you a thumbs up anyway, because I agree with the rest of your OP.

The courts have been saying if they don't like marriage the way the legislature defined it, that's not fair, the courts will cut through the rest of government, ignore balance of power and decree it for them so they don't have to convince anyone like everyone else would have to do.

The Supreme Court has overturned marriage bans three times before on Constitutional grounds- you just object because this time its about gay marriage, and you want states to be able to discriminate against gays.

We are a federal Republican- and Federal Courts rule on Constitutional matters- and have overturned State marriage laws three times in the past.

You only care this time because this time it could prevent discrimination against gays.

It's not discrimination to try to control a disease. Should we give people a marriage license for having chicken pox?

OK, that's classic. You didn't read the first paragraph of your own link. Here is is, Buckwheat

CDC Ebola Update
Swimming in U.S. treated recreational water (for example, in pools, hot tubs/spas, or interactive fountains) is not known to pose a risk for Ebola infection. For the most up-to-date information, visit CDC’s Ebola website.

They track swimming because of ... wait for it ... diseases. You just supported my point, they are tracking gays because gay is a disease

God you are stupid and a liar.

By your odd 'logic' CDC tracks 'gays' because you think that means 'gays' are a disease- and the CDC tracks 'swimming' because using your logic.....swimming would be a disease.

The CDC tracks all sorts of subjects having to do with healthcare

Teen drivers
Teen Drivers Get the Facts Motor Vehicle Safety CDC Injury Center
Seat belt usage
Playground injuries
Fire fighter safety

Yeah- like I said- you are an idiot and a liar.

It's not discrimination to try to control a disease. Should we give people a marriage license for having chicken pox?

LOL........which disease? Heterosexuality? Water skiiing? Teen driverage?

... You only care this time because this time it could prevent discrimination against gays.
People are not discriminating against sexual deviants.

Sexual deviants are however, in unambiguous terms discriminating against those who do not respect their BEHAVIOR and will not accept it as reasonable, because they recognize the behavior as a perversion, AS IS THEIR RIGHT!

If two people:

- are gay

God haven't made them that way. They chose this way by their own will. And that is the main point.
Why do you think that suicide commitment is a sin in Christianity? Commiting suicide people don't harm anyone but themselves (agree?), but, for example, in orthodox Churh they don't even deserve of being burried on a graveyard among christians, nor to pass through the burial service.

CDC Ebola Update

By your odd 'logic' CDC tracks 'gays' because you think that means 'gays' are a disease- and the CDC tracks 'swimming' because using your logic.....swimming would be a disease.

Teen drivers
Seat belt usage
Playground injuries
Fire fighter safety

Stop lying, you never stop lying. Everything you keep listing is the CDC tracking things that harm people. Now you're saying they don't just track diseases, they track accidents. So now you're arguing gays are not a disease, they are an accident?

LOL........which disease? Heterosexuality? Water skiiing? Teen driverage?

Fair enough. OK, we don't give people marriage licenses for having a disease or being in an accident. Not that a lot of marriages don't start with an accident...

If two people:

- are gay

God haven't made them that way. They chose this way by their own will. And that is the main point.
Why do you think that suicide commitment is a sin in Christianity? Commiting suicide people don't harm anyone but themselves (agree?), but, for example, in orthodox Churh they don't even deserve of being burried on a graveyard among christians, nor to pass through the burial service.

How do you chose who you are attracted to? I didn't chose to not be gay, I'm just not

If two people:

- are gay

How do you chose who you are attracted to? I didn't chose to not be gay, I'm just not
But I did. I chose to be in appropriate relationship with girls and men. I chose the distance in such affairs.

If two people:

- are gay

So because one is sexually attracted to a person of the same gender, this provides the moral justification to act upon that desire?

What if one is attracted to the idea of eating another person; to make it easy, we'll say that the person is already dead. Does their desire to do so provide sufficient justification that the culture should allow that behavior?

Pick any behavior which is taboo... do you think these taboos just materialized out of no where? Or did they come to pass because humanity learned that such comes with destruction?

CDC Ebola Update

Teen drivers
Seat belt usage
Playground injuries
Fire fighter safety

Stop lying, you never stop lying. Everything you keep listing is the CDC tracking things that harm people. Now you're saying they don't just track diseases, they track accidents. So now you're arguing gays are not a disease, they are an accident?

Just like swimming pools.

You are a liar and an idiot.

If two people:

- are gay

But I did. I chose to be in appropriate relationship with girls and men. I chose the distance in such affairs.

We all chose what relationships to be in. No one I know has chosen who to be attracted to.

I didn't chose to be attracted to women- I just always have. I chose to be married to my wife.

Forum List

Back