The West will have to make peace with Russia

BlackWizard91

Rookie
May 6, 2024
Support for Ukraine has become a divisive political issue in the United States, as it seems almost anything important will – and so many people are emotional about it. But a sober analysis suggests Ukraine may soon have to seek a deal with Russia.
The West erred disastrously in extending delusions of NATO membership to a country whose borders reach within a few hundred miles of Moscow, and that Russia – not just Putin – was left with little choice but to draw a line in the steppe.
Moreover, Russia is unlikely to lose because it has a massive numbers advantage and a determined leadership – backed up by a significant swath of public opinion – which doesn't mind sacrificing as much treasure and as many lives as it takes to subdue Ukraine. Critically, this narrative says, Russia's shocking violation of the longstanding taboo on nuclear threats may not be a bluff.

1. Okay Ivan, stop with the bullshit.
2. Putin's war was supposed to last 3-days. Here we are stalemated 3-years later.
3. Putin's war is NOT popular in Russia, men are fleeing to avoid being drafted, so Putin is drafting prisoners.
4. Ukraine will be admitted to NATO. No one trusts Putin anymore.
5. Russia's tiny economy is failing, its not built to support a long expensive war, Russia cannot match NATO in weaponry.
6. Nuclear sword rattling? Moscow would be the 2nd city destroyed.

Support for Ukraine has become a divisive political issue in the United States, as it seems almost anything important will – and so many people are emotional about it. But a sober analysis suggests Ukraine may soon have to seek a deal with Russia.
The West erred disastrously in extending delusions of NATO membership to a country whose borders reach within a few hundred miles of Moscow, and that Russia – not just Putin – was left with little choice but to draw a line in the steppe.
Moreover, Russia is unlikely to lose because it has a massive numbers advantage and a determined leadership – backed up by a significant swath of public opinion – which doesn't mind sacrificing as much treasure and as many lives as it takes to subdue Ukraine. Critically, this narrative says, Russia's shocking violation of the longstanding taboo on nuclear threats may not be a bluff.
Nice try Comrade

But Putin screwed the pooch with his invasion and normalized relations with the west can’t happen as long as Putin is in charge

Nice try Comrade

But Putin screwed the pooch with his invasion and normalized relations with the west can’t happen as long as Putin is in charge

What is the path forward for Ukraine to get both the Donbas back and the Crimea?

Because that is what they want.

They are in a wish in one hand and shit in the other and see which one gets full first situation in that regard.

I don't see the rub.....There is plenty of grift available in what would be left of Ukraine.

They want their country back. My issue is I don't see a pathway to it short of WWIII.

If NATO holds no cards, why is Putin's 3-day war still stalemated 3-years later?

NATO should just admit Ukraine. Then that ends the war.

Or it would escalate it to the Third World War.

Would NATO try to take back the Donbas and the Crimea from Russian forces?

They want their country back. My issue is I don't see a pathway to it short of WWIII.
They fucked around with the bear and found out.

200.gif

Or it would escalate it to the Third World War.

Would NATO try to take back the Donbas and the Crimea from Russian forces?

In order to end the war, my proposed borders are something like the 2014 lines at Donbas, and Putin can have Crimea, which was part of Russia before ~1950. Then Ukraine is admitted into NATO to guarantee their security.

In order to end the war, my proposed borders are something like the 2014 lines at Donbas, and Putin can have Crimea, which was part of Russia before ~1950.

Good luck getting either side to agree to that, even if we invite them into NATO.

To me Russia is in the wrong here. Crimea was a land grab, Donbas was a land Grab.

My issue is I don't want WWIII over this, nor do I want us to deplete our reserves of munitions or spares of equipment over this.
LOL....So you want to deny the MIC of their grift? Politicians depend on the PAC donations the MIC provides.

Where exactly do you think the billions of aid are going to? For the most part it's not even leaving the country.

If NATO holds no cards, why is Putin's 3-day war still stalemated 3-years later?

NATO should just admit Ukraine. Then that ends the war.
I did not think the USA would ever fend for Putin as a number of Citizens have. Ukraine was invaded. Double that. They have been ruined in parts of the country. Russia has to pay. Russia operates as past dictators operate. We owe Russia nothing at all.

Forum List

Back