What if Tim Tebow were a Muslim

that's actually funny. but it isn't made of pigskin anymore. i'd guess if there was someone muslim who was big enough to play football, it would be a non issue now.

There was a Movie with Brandon Fraiser, he was Jewish and a football player , a very good player. It was the 50's or early 60's and the school he was playing for was a private school that didn't normally allow Jews. He hid his ethnicity for most of the movie. But the point is wasn't the football back then Pigskin? Never thought of that.
Here's an interesting story: At Fordson High, in Dearborn, they made practices start at 11PM during Ramadan so the players (a mostly Muslim community) would have full stomachs and be able to rehydrate without breaking their religious practices during that time.

It's a public school.

I wonder if they disallow Christians to pray before, during, or after a game?

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/11/sports/football/all-nighters-keep-football-team-competitive-during-ramadan.html?pagewanted=all

So, is this an exclusion issue, too?

Do we have a growing culture in this country that's trying to present itself as being more sympathetic towards musliums based on political perception, in a way Christians would never be?

If he takes the Bronco's to the Super Bowl, he could announce he's the High Priest of Baal and fans wouldn't care. Football is all about winning and that's it. It doesn't matter if you are black or white, Christian or atheist, Right or Left, as long as you lead your team to victory, you're treated like a god.

True. However not every player's view or reception of that treatment is received in a like manner of self glory or from an uplifted pedistal. Some have embraced for themselves the title of "lord ship" through endulging one's life in a childlike fantasy banquet of pleasures, based on the perception others have portrayed them out to be. Others have sought to use their public influence as an encouragement of others, the dreams of those less fortunate would dare to achieve for themselves, grounding themselves in the memories of what they once were. An individual's perception towards their faith can often be seen as an outwardly expression that demonstrations of that.

Last edited:
That's just ridiculous and uncalled for.:eusa_hand:

I don't think so. The same posters wailing about how unfairly Tebow is being treated HATE and fear Muslims. They fear Islam religion growing in the west.
:lol:

All in your head.

Agreed. Musliums would not be welcomed and treated in much the same manner as you'd find in other regions of the world, like the Middle East for example. I don't believe Americans, who may share in a general "concern of uncertainty" towards a Muslium's view of westerners, would express that perception in a "murderous" view of intolerance. We don't share in the same aggressive form of intolerance that other cultures find themselves involved in.

Last edited:
If Tim Tebow were a Muslim, he'd stop praising Jesus.

Next question?

I am sorry. I thought you would you could follow and understand the purpose of this thread. Again, I assumed it was a simple enough question.

If he were a muslim and thanked Allah, would the people supporting him thanking God support him thanking Allah.

Again, I apologize if that question is far to deep for you.

To all the folks who support Tebow celebrating his love of God with the pointing and kneeling, how would you feel if he were a Muslim.

If he screamed Allah U Akbar and thanked Allah every time his receivers caught a ball, would you support him? I recently saw Hannity talking about how great he thought Tebow was for thanking God so visually. Would he say the same thing if he thanked Allah?

Are you really that stupid? There are many Muslims in the NFL. And when gets to be a quarterback we will find out. Or are you just sticking up for the religion of peace that has stacked up all those dead bodies all over the world?

To all the folks who support Tebow celebrating his love of God with the pointing and kneeling, how would you feel if he were a Muslim.

If he screamed Allah U Akbar and thanked Allah every time his receivers caught a ball, would you support him? I recently saw Hannity talking about how great he thought Tebow was for thanking God so visually. Would he say the same thing if he thanked Allah?

Are you really that stupid? There are many Muslims in the NFL. And when gets to be a quarterback we will find out. Or are you just sticking up for the religion of peace that has stacked up all those dead bodies all over the world?

Let's not open up the door to having to explain the Christian Crusaders of peace, the loving Protestants and Catholics of Ireland, and the you get what I'm saying.

Let's not open up the door to having to explain the Christian Crusaders of peace, the loving Protestants and Catholics of Ireland, and the you get what I'm saying.

Great post but I am a little surprised. Oh well. Good for you.

Next question?

I am sorry. I thought you would you could follow and understand the purpose of this thread. Again, I assumed it was a simple enough question.

If he were a muslim and thanked Allah, would the people supporting him thanking God support him thanking Allah.

There are Muslims on the Broncos I would bet now. A few years ago they drafted one very high and he was an offensive lineman.

Next question?

No stupid. I mocked the question precisely because it was stupid. Like you.

If he were a Muslim and praised Allah and Mohammed (peantbutterandjelly) after throwing a touchdown pass, and did it often and publicly, people (for the most part) would not give a rat's ass. Especially Raving Hypocrite.

Offer a real apology, next time, for your having been so stultifying.

What Muslim player wears Islamic cites on his face and prays towards Mecca during a game?
You folks are about as stupid as a sack of rocks.

Next question?

If he were a Muslim and praised Allah and Mohammed (peantbutterandjelly) after throwing a touchdown pass, and did it often and publicly, people (for the most part) would not give a rat's ass. Especially Raving Hypocrite.

People for the most part do not give a rat's ass what Tebow also does either.
For the most part like you say.

What Muslim player wears Islamic cites on his face and prays towards Mecca during a game?

Few Christian players make such a public display of their Christian faith, either. But that's not the point.

The point is that they can.

And if a Muslim wanted to cite some of the Qu'ran's passages on his eye-black and pray toward mecca after each TD, then the out come would be the same. Who fucking CARES?

People for the most part do not give a rat's ass what Tebow also does either.
For the most part like you say.

Yep. There are SOME exceptions (cough cough) RAVI (cough cough)

Few Christian players make such a public display of their Christian faith, either. But that's not the point.

And if a Muslim wanted to cite some of the Qu'ran's passages on his eye-black and pray toward mecca after each TD, then the out come would be the same. Who fucking CARES?

Progressive bigots care.

If tebow put on a pink tutu and married a guy at halftime, they'd give him a fucking medal and proclaim him a hero.

Progressive bigots care.

If tebow put on a pink tutu and married a guy at halftime, they'd give him a fucking medal and proclaim him a hero.
Tebow will do that one day.

True story.

And I might actually watch the halftime show if he did.

Otherwise, I'd rather clean the bathroom.

Forum List

Back