What if Tim Tebow were a Muslim

To all the folks who support Tebow celebrating his love of God with the pointing and kneeling, how would you feel if he were a Muslim.

If he screamed Allah U Akbar and thanked Allah every time his receivers caught a ball, would you support him? I recently saw Hannity talking about how great he thought Tebow was for thanking God so visually. Would he say the same thing if he thanked Allah?

"If he screamed Allah U Akbar..." I think at first you would have panic in the stands... people running thinking a bomb was going to explode. If it happened with frequency and no harm was done, people might start to think that islam could have some beneficial spirituality.

If Tim Tebow was a Muslim, he would have been murdered by now.

That's just ridiculous and uncalled for.:eusa_hand:

I don't think so. The same posters wailing about how unfairly Tebow is being treated HATE and fear Muslims. They fear Islam religion growing in the west.

Sky, seriously, you use the word "hate" any time you disagree with someone. When you do a post with the word "HATE", most of us think "irrelevant".

I remember Ali's career. He was extremely threatening to many people. I remember the hate toward him when he refused military service on religious grounds.

That was like 40 or 50 years ago...this is what happens when you live in the past.

I don't live in the past. Ali is relevant to this discussion. He was criticised for his openly Muslim display in the ring. I haven't thought about Muhammed Ali for many years.

Yes, he was a man of peace, while his income was from beating the tar out of his opponents????

I don't live in the past. Ali is relevant to this discussion. He was criticised for his openly Muslim display in the ring. I haven't thought about Muhammed Ali for many years.

Yes, he was criticized 50 years ago. It's 2011 now. A muslim boxer would be largely irrelevant for most Americans.

If a Muslim foot ball player, with the fame of Tebow, was painting his face with verses from the Q'uran, he would be harshly criticised.

To Christians, Tebow is a martyr.

Muhammed Ali recieved death threats. Nobody is threatening Tebow with death just calling him on the appropriateness of his showy display of religion.

Aligning himself with the Nation of Islam made Ali a lightning rod for controversy. Appearing at rallies with Nation of Islam leader Elijah Muhammad and declaring his allegiance to him at a time when mainstream America viewed them with suspicion — if not outright hostility — made Ali a target of outrage, as well as suspicion. Tebow's controversy is mild relative to Ali's.

Double standard? I think so. Christians get it easy.

Oh, so now you are saying Tebow isn't getting threats, or that he is not being attacked because he is Christian? I think your unicorns need you....

Ali recieved death threats. Tebow has not. Christians can't stand it that some people don't buy the showy display of his religiousity.

Ali got WAY more crap than Tebow for following his religion.

Sky, are threats the same as murder?

And you don't know if Tebow hasn't been threatened. Maybe he gets death threats in the mail/emails/facebook messages/etc and just doesn't tell anyone.
The antipathy toward Muslims in America is palpable. On the contrary, Christians enjoy enormous power and influence.

Threats are not the same as murder. The ugliness toward Islam was not HUGE when ALi converted.

If a Muslim Tebow displayed this much open Q'uran and Muslim prayer he would be hated. This is a much more contentious religious world now, than when Ali was king.

"IF" a frog had a pocket, he could carry a pistol and shoot snakes (Lago).

Didn't we witness you melting down over the GZ mosque?

No. That's just your sub-moronic way of stating your idiot belief that my position was "wrong" because I didn't agree with your liberal orthodoxy view, dipshit.

What I said about the fucking Mosque, you schmuck, was simply that it was designed to be an "in your face" move by the Muzzies.

And it is.

Does anybody have an intelligent comment to offer to get us back from Raving Lunatic's putrid efforts?

Oh, I get it. The Muslims were being in your face in exactly the same way Tebow is being in your face.

:lol:

Is there a Tebow "monument"? Where is it? Was it going to be in the Broncos advesaries (self-proclaimed) stadium?

I don't think so. The same posters wailing about how unfairly Tebow is being treated HATE and fear Muslims. They fear Islam religion growing in the west.

You should FEAR it. Muslims do actually murder, imprison and mistreat gays. It is against the LAW in Islamic Countries to BE GAY.

No, I shouldn't fear Muslims. Don't bring up my sexuality. It has nothing to do with Tim Tebow.

I thought your "sexuality" has everything to do with everything. It is always about "you".

To all the folks who support Tebow celebrating his love of God with the pointing and kneeling, how would you feel if he were a Muslim.

If he screamed Allah U Akbar and thanked Allah every time his receivers caught a ball, would you support him? I recently saw Hannity talking about how great he thought Tebow was for thanking God so visually. Would he say the same thing if he thanked Allah?

First, we are a Christian country.
Second, Islam is a demomic religion. To be a good Muslim you must live by Sharia law! That is a fact.
Third, we aren't under attack by Christians, we are under attack by Muslims.
Fourth, not all religions are the same. Islam's prophet was a child molester, mass-murdering, violence, destructive war-lord. Jesus was a kind, gentle and good nature pacificist!

So you are saying Jesus was a liberal?

Oh and as far as this being a "christian country", how does that work with the people in this country who are not a christian?

Now on to your "good muslim" and sharia law. There are over a billion msulims inthis world. They all believe in Sharia law? Thats like saying all christians believe in child molestation because of a few bad apples.

"Christians" are told in the Bible to spread the "good news". They are also told that if people don't want to listen to 'shake the dust from your feet' as you leave them; the Lord will judge them. That translates to: if you are not Christian and you have Christian neighbors, they will not be peeking in your windows, harrassing you, are feel that they have "authority" by their holy book to kill, convert or subjugate you (unlike the quran).

Shariah law is an inseperable part of islam. Muslims will not "reform" their religion to remove this barbaric, evil system of law that promotes deceit and bullies friends, neighbors, enemies into submission. Child molestation is sinful and spoken as such in the Bible, unlike islam that promotes grown men marrying child brides.

Please, answer this: why are the countries that have high populations of muslims, mostly, places where human rights abuses are rampant, and places where the populations are mostly Christian are where people were treated so well, that they "defined" human rights?

What if? What If?.... He's not, the world isn't flat, and the Greeks did not create civilization. Truth is hard, but someone has to tell it...

Actually Muslims can't play American football after all it is called a Pigskin.

that's actually funny. but it isn't made of pigskin anymore. i'd guess if there was someone muslim who was big enough to play football, it would be a non issue now.

There was a Movie with Brandon Fraiser, he was Jewish and a football player , a very good player. It was the 50's or early 60's and the school he was playing for was a private school that didn't normally allow Jews. He hid his ethnicity for most of the movie. But the point is wasn't the football back then Pigskin? Never thought of that.

I thought that Jews and Muslims were not allowed to EAT pork, but I didn't know that they had and restrictions on touching pigs. Maybe I'm wrong.

Are you really that stupid? There are many Muslims in the NFL. And when gets to be a quarterback we will find out. Or are you just sticking up for the religion of peace that has stacked up all those dead bodies all over the world?

Let's not open up the door to having to explain the Christian Crusaders of peace, the loving Protestants and Catholics of Ireland, and the you get what I'm saying.

Difference: Christians seemed to have learned their lessons of death-dealing, muslims still promote it.

A Football being a "pigskin" he would never go near it in the first place.
Entire premise is flawed.

that's actually funny. but it isn't made of pigskin anymore. i'd guess if there was someone muslim who was big enough to play football, it would be a non issue now.

There was a Movie with Brandon Fraiser, he was Jewish and a football player , a very good player. It was the 50's or early 60's and the school he was playing for was a private school that didn't normally allow Jews. He hid his ethnicity for most of the movie. But the point is wasn't the football back then Pigskin? Never thought of that.

I thought that Jews and Muslims were not allowed to EAT pork, but I didn't know that they had and restrictions on touching pigs. Maybe I'm wrong.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Just click your heals together 3 times while chanting that standing in front of a mirror with your eyes closed, and then open them. ;) Clothing is optional.

It is a good question.

Until today, I haven't cared one way or another about what Tebow practices in public and on the sidelines, but given your question, I do think religious expression should be confined to private, rather than public, sports events.

I'd say he is an idiot for worshiping the Pedophile Prophet's false god.

Forum List

Back