What if Tim Tebow were a Muslim

"I never thought of myself as great when I refused to go into the Army. All I did was stand up for what I believed. There were people who thought the war in Vietnam was right. And those people, if they went to war, acted just as brave as I did. There were people who tried to put me in jail. Some of them were hypocrites, but others did what they thought was proper and I can't condemn them for following their conscience either. People say I made a sacrifice, risking jail and my whole career. but God told Abraham to kill his son and Abraham was willing to do it, so why shouldn't I follow what I believed? Standing up for my religion made me happy; it wasn't a sacrifice.

Freedom means being able to follow your religion, but it also means carrying the responsibility to choose between right and wrong. So when the time came for me to make up my mind about going in the Army, I knew people were dying in Vietnam for nothing and I should live by what I thought was right. I wanted America to be America. And now the whole world knows that, so far as my own beliefs are concerned, I did what was right for me."

Whatever the punishment, whatever the persecution is for standing up for my beliefs, even if it means facing machine-gun fire that day, I'll face it before denouncing Elijah Muhammad and the religion of Islam."

The Thoughts of Muhammad Ali in Exile, c. 1967
Irrespective of whether that says what you seem to think it says, was Ali hated throughout the majority of his career?

Once he won some big matches, he didn't appear all that hated at all.

He certainly wasn't murdered, either.

On April 28, 1967, boxing champion Muhammad Ali refuses to be inducted into the U.S. Army and is immediately stripped of his heavyweight title. Ali, a Muslim, cited religious reasons for his decision to forgo military service.

Ok, its funny though that those religious reasons were never listed, all I saw was a quote from him saying "the Viet Cong ain't never did anything to me".

"I never thought of myself as great when I refused to go into the Army. All I did was stand up for what I believed. There were people who thought the war in Vietnam was right. And those people, if they went to war, acted just as brave as I did. There were people who tried to put me in jail. Some of them were hypocrites, but others did what they thought was proper and I can't condemn them for following their conscience either. People say I made a sacrifice, risking jail and my whole career. but God told Abraham to kill his son and Abraham was willing to do it, so why shouldn't I follow what I believed? Standing up for my religion made me happy; it wasn't a sacrifice.

Freedom means being able to follow your religion, but it also means carrying the responsibility to choose between right and wrong. So when the time came for me to make up my mind about going in the Army, I knew people were dying in Vietnam for nothing and I should live by what I thought was right. I wanted America to be America. And now the whole world knows that, so far as my own beliefs are concerned, I did what was right for me."

Whatever the punishment, whatever the persecution is for standing up for my beliefs, even if it means facing machine-gun fire that day, I'll face it before denouncing Elijah Muhammad and the religion of Islam."

Irrespective of whether that says what you seem to think it says, was Ali hated throughout the majority of his career?

Ali recieved death threats. Tebow has not. Christians can't stand it that some people don't buy the showy display of his religiousity.

Ali got WAY more crap than Tebow for following his religion.

None of that tells me any reason why Islam specifically forbid him from going to Vietnam, he didn't want to go for his own personal reasons, not anything tied to religion. Besides there is wars in Islamic countries all the time, so that religion reason is bs.

To all the folks who support Tebow celebrating his love of God with the pointing and kneeling, how would you feel if he were a Muslim.

If he screamed Allah U Akbar and thanked Allah every time his receivers caught a ball, would you support him? I recently saw Hannity talking about how great he thought Tebow was for thanking God so visually. Would he say the same thing if he thanked Allah?

they'd have protested his being hired and claimed that football was being taken over by sharia law.

NFL Player Puts Islam Above Team | Logan's Warning

Ali recieved death threats. Tebow has not. Christians can't stand it that some people don't buy the showy display of his religiousity.

Sky, are threats the same as murder?

And you don't know if Tebow hasn't been threatened. Maybe he gets death threats in the mail/emails/facebook messages/etc and just doesn't tell anyone.

On April 28, 1967, boxing champion Muhammad Ali refuses to be inducted into the U.S. Army and is immediately stripped of his heavyweight title. Ali, a Muslim, cited religious reasons for his decision to forgo military service.

Ok, its funny though that those religious reasons were never listed, all I saw was a quote from him saying "the Viet Cong ain't never did anything to me".

Then you may find the quotes in the link below of interest.

All that means is your claim that a Muslim football player would be hated and murdered is a steaming pile of horseshit.

:thup:

All that means is your claim that a Muslim football player would be hated and murdered is a steaming pile of horseshit.

:thup:

That's basically what it boils down to, there hasn't even been 1 Muslim athlete murdered in the US for their religion, however I can post an article for you where Muslim tennis players were murdered in Iraq because they wore shorts.

To all the folks who support Tebow celebrating his love of God with the pointing and kneeling, how would you feel if he were a Muslim.

If he screamed Allah U Akbar and thanked Allah every time his receivers caught a ball, would you support him? I recently saw Hannity talking about how great he thought Tebow was for thanking God so visually. Would he say the same thing if he thanked Allah?

Who the fuck gives a fuck?

You guys are cuckoo.

Do you actually give a rat's ass about some other person's religious beliefs or the fact that he (or she) might choose to express his/her religious beliefs?

It affects your petty-ass life HOW exactly that Tebow praises Jesus as he does?

"Oh NOooooooo! Tebow said the Name of Jesus AGAIN! Get me a doctor, STAT!"

You pussies.

:lmao:

Sky, are threats the same as murder?

And you don't know if Tebow hasn't been threatened. Maybe he gets death threats in the mail/emails/facebook messages/etc and just doesn't tell anyone.
The antipathy toward Muslims in America is palpable. On the contrary, Christians enjoy enormous power and influence.

Threats are not the same as murder. The ugliness toward Islam was not HUGE when ALi converted.

If a Muslim Tebow displayed this much open Q'uran and Muslim prayer he would be hated. This is a much more contentious religious world now, than when Ali was king.

You guys are cuckoo.

Do you actually give a rat's ass about some other person's religious beliefs or the fact that he (or she) might choose to express his/her religious beliefs?

You pussies.

Didn't we witness you melting down over the GZ mosque?

He was criticized for being a draft dodger. No one gave a shit about him being Muslim, obviously.

Actually they did care he was Muslim. That was his reason for refusing to go to war.

I thought you weren't talking to me anymore today?

Er no, it wasnt, his reasoning for not going to war was the way Blacks were being treated in the US at the time and that in his words the Viet Cong didn't do anything to him, show me a link where he said Islam forbid him from fighting in Vietnam.

An actual Ali quote, "No VietCong Ever Called Me ******."

If Tim Tebow was a Muslim, he would have been murdered by now.

Care to provide for us some statistics to back up your claim that Muslims in the US are targeted and killed simply for being Muslims?

You misunderstand. She's saying he would've been brainwashed into committing a suicide bombing. And even though there are plenty stats to back up such a claim, it's still some bigoted ass islamophobic shit.

But whatcha gonna do? :dunno:

If Tim Tebow was a Muslim, he would have been murdered by now.

That's just ridiculous and uncalled for.:eusa_hand:

I don't think so. The same posters wailing about how unfairly Tebow is being treated HATE and fear Muslims. They fear Islam religion growing in the west.

You should FEAR it. Muslims do actually murder, imprison and mistreat gays. It is against the LAW in Islamic Countries to BE GAY.

You guys are cuckoo.

You pussies.

No. That's just your sub-moronic way of stating your idiot belief that my position was "wrong" because I didn't agree with your liberal orthodoxy view, dipshit.

What I said about the fucking Mosque, you schmuck, was simply that it was designed to be an "in your face" move by the Muzzies.

And it is.

Does anybody have an intelligent comment to offer to get us back from Raving Lunatic's putrid efforts?

You guys are cuckoo.

You pussies.

No. That's just your sub-moronic way of stating your idiot belief that my position was "wrong" because I didn't agree with your liberal orthodoxy view, dipshit.

What I said about the fucking Mosque, you schmuck, was simply that it was designed to be an "in your face" move by the Muzzies.

And it is.

Does anybody have an intelligent comment to offer to get us back from Raving Lunatic's putrid efforts?

Oh, I get it. The Muslims were being in your face in exactly the same way Tebow is being in your face.

:lol:

New Topics

Forum List

Back