Two cats at the back door

Update!

HAPPY DANCE in progress!

:dance:

A woman at matt's job, who was on vacation last week, told Matt she is looking to adopt 2 cats!!!!

we called the cop that has the cats, he was not in this weekend but will call him today, to see what we have to do, to get this woman united with the 2 strays!!!

YEA!!!!!!!!!

They are going to LIVE!

can't tell ya how relieved we both are..... :D

Really smart cats. They knew how to get help. Thank you for sticking with it, even after you turned them over. It is starting out to be a good week!

the time we took in a stray last year, the vet gave us an animal lover group to call, they paid for 1/3 of our stray's hysterectomy, the doctor paid or donated 1/3, and we had to pay 1/3....

Gonna try to get this arrangement set up for these 2 strays....matt and i will pay the 1/3 unless this woman adopting them comes in and helps....

i don't care at this point, if we have to pay the whole thing...i am just so happy we found a home for them!!!

Update!

HAPPY DANCE in progress!

:dance:

A woman at matt's job, who was on vacation last week, told Matt she is looking to adopt 2 cats!!!!

we called the cop that has the cats, he was not in this weekend but will call him today, to see what we have to do, to get this woman united with the 2 strays!!!

YEA!!!!!!!!!

They are going to LIVE!

can't tell ya how relieved we both are..... :D

Cats have psychic powers and mentally spoke to the woman.

Yes great news. I love my furry little buddies.

I just read your thread. I am glad it has a happy ending.

It would break my heart.

ok, we got the cats back from the shelter that picked them up....the cop charged us $5 bucks a day for each one to stay at the shelter...

We decided that we would pay for the shots and neutering/fixing before we handed them over to the woman at matt's work that wants to adopt them....

we took them for shots the next day, and to our relief, they are both boys, about 7 months is what the doc said, definitely brothers....they seem older than 7 months to me, but that's what the Doc said....

THIS is good news on them being males, because getting them fixed is $60 bucks each, getting them neutered if they were females it would have been $175 each. The ARK....the no kill shelter has a program to help others with fixing stray cats IS going to pay a third, the Doc is giving a third of the cost pro bono, and we have to pay a third, which is A GREAT deal!

they get fixed on the 24th and their last distemper shots....then we give them to Shanna.

We have had them upstairs in a den/guest room, we have a door in the foyer that can keep them up there and separated from my elder cat and our other stray from last year, who are hanging out down stairs....

they are such GOOD BOYS!

except, my own 2 cats figured out something is going on cuz they make alot of noise running around up there.

TODAY, i let the alpha male in to the downstairs, kept the little boy upstairs.

OH, did i tell ya that we named them? :lol:

Brodey is the bigger one...the Alpha, Hooper is the smaller....

Anyway, my elder cat, took it much better than i thought....some screaming and yelling when she first saw him...with a little swatting, but for the most part it was soooooo much better than when my elder cat met the stray girl last year....maybe because its a boy, she is taking this better? So i let the runt in downstairs as well.....it's better than i thought it would be!!!

here are some new pics, they both are curious cats, and handsome as handsome can be!

this is Hooper, the runt...he has the most beautiful color and markings, stripes and spots, with the bottom of his feet solid black!

DSCF2380.JPG

DSCF2374.JPG

this is Brodey, he's real handsome as well....looks like one of his parents had some Siamese in them with his back fur coloring.....just a gorgeous boy! AND very smart, he's the Alpha! the pics do not do him justice!

DSCF2376.JPG

DSCF2379.JPG

You need to ask your local authorities for a live trap and take em to a no kill shelter if you don't have your own. That's the only sure way to get rid of them without being emotionally blackmailed to take em in. If they can be rehabbed into house capable cats, they will be adopted out.

You need to ask your local authorities for a live trap and take em to a no kill shelter if you don't have your own. That's the only sure way to get rid of them without being emotionally blackmailed to take em in. If they can be rehabbed into house capable cats, they will be adopted out.

a woman that the hubby works with is going to take them, after we get them fixed.

The no kill shelter is going to help pay for them to get fixed.

the only problem is that we are falling in love with these handsome boys.....they are so different than the two girl kitties we have, and adorable together....they clean eachother and sleep wrapped around eachother, and the runt sucks on the bigger brothers ear like it is a mother's nipple giving milk, to go to sleep, or at least until the elder boy pushes the runt away....

yes, i gave them water as well...they were not that interested in it, but it's been raining out so plenty of water on the tarp covering the cords of firewood we just had delivered....it is also where they have been sleeping, under the tarp, sometimes under our deck.

yes, it appears that someone just dumped them, or they are just 2 kitties that left home on an adventure!

Just take them in and be the pack leader and insist they get along, take them to town when you go and ask arround for their owner and tell their story to anyone who will listen and someone will adopt them.

I have never done this with cats but I have done it plenty of times with dogs.

The dog park is a great place to adopt out a dog, many there love animals of all kinds and you could ask people about the cats and maybe find a home.

Oh I answered too late.

Glad to hear it care.

If someone is going to let them in their house than give them to them.

They will have a better life and you can get updates on their antics.

I have given away dogs who crept into my heart after fostering them.

It hurts for a day or two but when you set in your mind they are better off in their new home things feel much better.

a woman that the hubby works with is going to take them, after we get them fixed.

The no kill shelter is going to help pay for them to get fixed.

the only problem is that we are falling in love with these handsome boys.....they are so different than the two girl kitties we have, and adorable together....they clean eachother and sleep wrapped around eachother, and the runt sucks on the bigger brothers ear like it is a mother's nipple giving milk, to go to sleep, or at least until the elder boy pushes the runt away....
Oh noes! Tehy hav yoozed dere brain meltings on u! ;)

db540391-f791-4312-b4a2-a9693bf60b96.jpg

;)

Forum List

Back