Two cats at the back door

UPDATE!

we called THE ARK, with the no kill policy and they were filled, could not take the cats, :(

we called the vet back, they gave us the number to the town animal warden...he answered the call, asked matt the general area of where we live, and told matt he would check to see if they belong to one of our neighbors about a quarter to a half mile away that has a bunch of cats....and hung up! Matt didn't even get to give him our specific address so he could pick them up or the neighbor could come by??? So matt called back and left our address on his voice mail....the warden did not call back....so yesterday morning we called the warden again, and voice mail....we left another message....he never returned the call....

last night it got down to 30 degrees, i made a little tent for them with my umbrella cover over a small deck table, with an old blanket on the deck, but they did not sleep under there....when i woke this morning they were asleep, all wrapped around each other on a pillowed deck chair....they slept out in the open!!! Frost was every where, but they were fine....

This morning we called the vet again, telling them the warden never called back....she said it takes him a couple of days but gave us the number to the humane society, SPCA....we were about to call them and the warden knocked on the door! He went out back, with matt, the cats went right to him, thinking he was gonna feed them, he put them in a cage in his truck....

matt asked him what happens now....? he said he was bringing them to a cop in our 'sister' town, (who provides our town's police, fire protection, and high school)....that the cop keeps them for 7 days to see if any local claims them as lost or wants to adopt them....then he sends them to Bangor's animal shelter, which is the big city(about 30k population, second largest city in the state of Maine), somewhat near us....and they will then try to adopt them out....

I MISS THEM ALREADY....they were so cute....

yesderday when i opened the door to bring food out to them, the fluffy one jumped over my leg in to the house....my BIG 13 year old cat was behind the island in the kitchen, didn't know what was going on....i locked the storm door in the open position and jiggled the dry food on the plate to get the fluffy one back outside, he/she heard it, ran back out, but then the striped one ran inside, by that time my big ass cat got whiff of this one and screamed at the top of her lungs at it and swatted it....fur came flying....the striped one made it under the recliner with its butt and tail not making cover, my big catt just sat there screaming at the butt and tail....but did not continue swatting, thank goodness....i got between my big cat and the striped one, lifted the recliner and it ran out the door to join its sibling who was eating all the food!

my little cat, the stray, who is usually the attack dog....had jumped up on a chair and watched the whole thing go down....(she had gone through this crap with my big old cat, and figured my big cat would take care of the situation with the strange cats in the house, just fine) :lol::lol:

My county shelter will not accept cats.

The lone Animal Control Officer (whom I know) told me to shoot them.
He is a republican after all...
And since republicans are always right that is what I do.

When I have to and with much regret.
The only thing I enjoy killing is mosquitoes.

Last edited:
oh crap, i hear screaming cats out in the woods, cat fight... my stray is outside, she is probably duking it out with them... :eek:
That stray is probably in HEAT, this is why you have the Toms visiting and desperate to get in, and why your cats inside are speaking in tongues.

The fighting noise you're hearing in the woods outside is... SEX.

Yer gonna have kittens!

(Assuming of course, your stray isn't "fixed.")

oh crap, i hear screaming cats out in the woods, cat fight... my stray is outside, she is probably duking it out with them... :eek:
That stray is probably in HEAT, this is why you have the Toms visiting and desperate to get in, and why your cats inside are speaking in tongues.

Yer gonna have kittens!

no, my stray that we got last year, we thought was a boy....it had these fluffy little balls.....when we took him in to the vet to get shots and a check up and to get fixed, the doc called and said your HE is a SHE and she's pregnant....we struggled on whether to have her neutered and kill the kittens, the doc said she was only around 8 months old, and that she would struggle with the delivery, so he ''fixed'' her....he called later to say the surgery went well, and that she would have had if she had survived the delivery, 5 kittens....which was unbelievable because she was tiny, maybe only 4-5 lbs, she's only 6- 7lbs full grown and a year later....it was a very sad situation to go through, knowing he was going to kill the kittens to be....

so, both my female cats have been fixed...these outside aren't Toms chasing sex...that i know of....??? Males don't chase fixed females do they????

Let's think good thoughts about them curled up by a fire in someone's house by Sunday afternoon.

from your mouth to God's ears....i hope they are adopted!

You have two, Madeline wants two. How about you two hook up and ship them to her? :)

That would be awesome... those lil guys are so cute.

I already have 5, otherwise I'd say send em my way.

If ya cant find a home for em, let them hang out and be outside kitties. One of mine wants nothing to do with being in the house... she is free to come and go as she wants (thru kitty door) I just hope a raccon never discovers the door :eek:

Yer gonna have kittens!

no, my stray that we got last year, we thought was a boy....it had these fluffy little balls.....when we took him in to the vet to get shots and a check up and to get fixed, the doc called and said your HE is a SHE and she's pregnant....we struggled on whether to have her neutered and kill the kittens, the doc said she was only around 8 months old, and that she would struggle with the delivery, so he ''fixed'' her....he called later to say the surgery went well, and that she would have had if she had survived the delivery, 5 kittens....which was unbelievable because she was tiny, maybe only 4-5 lbs, she's only 6- 7lbs full grown and a year later....it was a very sad situation to go through, knowing he was going to kill the kittens to be....

so, both my female cats have been fixed...these outside aren't Toms chasing sex...that i know of....??? Males don't chase fixed females do they????
Not usually as fervently. But just like a human female who's had a hysterectomy they still give off pheromones.

It was just the voice of experience talking.... Anyhow.... You stopped at two, I recently stopped at eight. Here they are:

[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=6E1ar1WLTUs[/ame]

2 outt of 3 shelter animals never make it out alive...sorry but that is a fact

we got the cops name and number that is sheltering for the 7 days to call him and follow whether they get adopted, he said we can put in a do not kill, make a call to us first at the shelter he brings them to if we want....

we have not decided whether we want to do such or not.....:( maybe we don't want to know...that's what we are struggling with now...

this is so sad....if we had a garage, or even a wood shed, we would have kept them outside...

we got the cops name and number that is sheltering for the 7 days to call him and follow whether they get adopted, he said we can put in a do not kill, make a call to us first at the shelter he brings them to if we want....

we have not decided whether we want to do such or not.....:( maybe we don't want to know...that's what we are struggling with now...

this is so sad....if we had a garage, or even a wood shed, we would have kept them outside...

Build a wood shed :)

Yer gonna have kittens!

Not usually as fervently. But just like a human female who's had a hysterectomy they still give off pheromones.

It was just the voice of experience talking.... Anyhow.... You stopped at two, I recently stopped at eight. Here they are:

Runtley looks like my stray! my other cat is a big mama, grey and white....

from your mouth to God's ears....i hope they are adopted!

You have two, Madeline wants two. How about you two hook up and ship them to her? :)

If ya cant find a home for em, let them hang out and be outside kitties. One of mine wants nothing to do with being in the house... she is free to come and go as she wants (thru kitty door) I just hope a raccon never discovers the door :eek:

they would not survive outside in maine, with the long bitter winters...

my 13 year old cat nearly died of heartbreak, when we took in the stray last year....it's only been about 3 months that they have come to tolerate each other, if you can even call it that....

These are all rescue projects, all live in the house. Four of them are "trustees" and get to go out in my fenced back yard twice a day, with me having a coupla beers out there with them.

By the way, NO smell from them in my house at all whatsoever. WHEAT litter was invented! Better and cheaper than the new corn litters that are out now too.

Here's the beginnings of their cat trees and catwalk system:

[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=_V5CgT8LAU0[/ame]

Around here if I let the strays stay I would have aobut 50 or more within a year.
And start squaring that for the growth for future years.
Darn red staters will not get their pets spayed/neutered.

they would not survive outside in maine, with the long bitter winters...

my 13 year old cat nearly died of heartbreak, when we took in the stray last year....it's only been about 3 months that they have come to tolerate each other, if you can even call it that....

build them little insulated cat cubes lined with carpet. they will make it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6E1ar1WLTUs

These are all rescue projects, all live in the house. Four of them are "trustees" and get to go out in my fenced back yard twice a day, with me having a coupla beers out there with them.

By the way, NO smell from them in my house at all whatsoever. WHEAT litter was invented! Better and cheaper than the new corn litters that are out now too.

Here's the beginnings of their cat trees and catwalk system:

[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=_V5CgT8LAU0[/ame]

Kitty heaven! :)

Forum List

Back