Lost my dog last night...

Been 6 years since I lost my last dog. Day doesn’t pass without thinking of her.

We know horses are in heaven, my guess all living creatures are.

What If Dogs Think We Are Immortal?​

What if in the dog world, humans are elves that routinely live to be 500+ years old?

"They live so long… but the good ones still bond with us for our entire lives."

"These immortals are so kind we must be good friends to them."

Many dogs never get to see their owners grow old and weak.

"Now I am old. The fur around my muzzle is grey and my joints ache when we walk together. Yet she remains unchanged, her hair still glossy, her skin still fresh, her step still sprightly. Time doesn’t touch her and yet I love her still."

But some do.

"For generations, he has guarded over my family. Since the days of my great-great-great-great-great-grandfather he has kept us safe. For so long we thought him immortal. But now I see differently, for just as my fur grows gray and my joints grow stiff, so too do his. He did not take in my children, but gave them away to his. I will be the last that he cares for. My only hope is that I am able to last until his final moments. The death of one of his kind is so rare. The ending of a life so long is such a tragedy. He has seen so much, he knows so much. I know he takes comfort in my presence. I only wish that I will be able to give him this comfort until the end."

Thank you for posting this reminder. Now I have to do some cleaning. It seems very dusting in here now.

A few years ago my best friend died suddenly... we were neighbors in San Diego and he followed me here and bought a house two doors down from me... He and his dog Dotty were over here daily...
I took his dog in to live with me... my Shepard and my blind cat... Dotty has been slowing down lately and could only walk to her old home and back again...
I didn't think she was as bad as she was and neither did our Vet... but last night my Shepard Max woke me up and was making a fuss so I got up and found Dotty...
I didn't think it would hit me so hard but it sure has... memories of my friend and Dotty walking up my driveway with a cooler full of beer so we could watch another sunset from my porch... I miss my friend and now Dotty is gone too...
I don't know why I'm telling you all this but for the fact that I may be a little off for a while...

View attachment 933377
We know.

Been 6 years since I lost my last dog. Day doesn’t pass without thinking of her.

We know horses are in heaven, my guess all living creatures are.

What If Dogs Think We Are Immortal?​

What if in the dog world, humans are elves that routinely live to be 500+ years old?

"They live so long… but the good ones still bond with us for our entire lives."

"These immortals are so kind we must be good friends to them."

Many dogs never get to see their owners grow old and weak.

"Now I am old. The fur around my muzzle is grey and my joints ache when we walk together. Yet she remains unchanged, her hair still glossy, her skin still fresh, her step still sprightly. Time doesn’t touch her and yet I love her still."

But some do.

"For generations, he has guarded over my family. Since the days of my great-great-great-great-great-grandfather he has kept us safe. For so long we thought him immortal. But now I see differently, for just as my fur grows gray and my joints grow stiff, so too do his. He did not take in my children, but gave them away to his. I will be the last that he cares for. My only hope is that I am able to last until his final moments. The death of one of his kind is so rare. The ending of a life so long is such a tragedy. He has seen so much, he knows so much. I know he takes comfort in my presence. I only wish that I will be able to give him this comfort until the end."
What the entrance to heaven looks like

1713382636118.jpeg

After my labs- I shrunk the dogs- To old to chase the big ones.
So for many years I have had a mini schnauzer and a shit -tzu ( shit-zu -not a nice breed) and I trade them.
The older dog was 15- we bought him a puppy? and he was so smitten with that puppy- he lived to be 17! He died- and I bought the shit zu - a puppy HIM!
Shit zoo-who was now older -a schnauzer puppy! and it continued. your dog needs something to do! you would be surprised how a grandpa dog will luv a puppy- age diff. it's weird.

A few years ago my best friend died suddenly... we were neighbors in San Diego and he followed me here and bought a house two doors down from me... He and his dog Dotty were over here daily...
I took his dog in to live with me... my Shepard and my blind cat... Dotty has been slowing down lately and could only walk to her old home and back again...
I didn't think she was as bad as she was and neither did our Vet... but last night my Shepard Max woke me up and was making a fuss so I got up and found Dotty...
I didn't think it would hit me so hard but it sure has... memories of my friend and Dotty walking up my driveway with a cooler full of beer so we could watch another sunset from my porch... I miss my friend and now Dotty is gone too...
I don't know why I'm telling you all this but for the fact that I may be a little off for a while...

View attachment 933377
So sorry to hear. What a cutie!

After my labs- I shrunk the dogs- To old to chase the big ones.
So for many years I have had a mini schnauzer and a shit -tzu ( shit-zu -not a nice breed) and I trade them.
The older dog was 15- we bought him a puppy? and he was so smitten with that puppy- he lived to be 17! He died- and I bought the shit zu - a puppy HIM!
Shit zoo-who was now older -a schnauzer puppy! and it continued. your dog needs something to do! you would be surprised how a grandpa dog will luv a puppy- age diff. it's weird.

We accidently went to a larger dog. We had to put our 15 year old Minn-Pin down a couple of years ago. Still miss that mean little Alpha-bitch.

We accidently went to a larger dog. We had to put our 15 year old Minn-Pin down a couple of years ago. Still miss that mean little Alpha-bitch.
oh- lol... I miss my large dogs- especially my lab Rosie- she ate 3 couches- 400 bucks- two truck seats and an entire mens work boot! but that lab would sit in the middle of our living room - and play with 5 year old kids- spit the tennis ball out to the kids... nice lovable breed!

View attachment 933377
That's sad, but it's also a glad tail. (-: You did your friend and his dog a solid. And the dog passed naturally without great pain or having to be taken for the last trip to the vet. That's a win right there, and you gave it to the dog.

That's sad, but it's also a glad tail. (-: You did your friend and his dog a solid. And the dog passed naturally without great pain or having to be taken for the last trip to the vet. That's a win right there, and you gave it to the dog.
Thanks bendog:...

So sorry for your loss. Pets become family and best friends.

My cat will even know whenever I'm upset or not feeling good and she'll cuddle up with me and lay with me.

Never trust anyone that doesn't like dogs, never.

Unless they've had a bad experience (or experiences) with them then it's a little bit more understandable. The only thing that I never liked about having dogs was that they lived so doggone short though. So sorry Rambunctious, but this always helped me when I've lost a pet as I know that this isn't goodbye by any means, it's just until we meet again. :eusa_angel: (Click the link on the video screen to watch on YouTube.)

View attachment 933377
Sorry to hear this, losing this kind of family member is the toughest of all of them.

Sorry to hear this, losing this kind of family member is the toughest of all of them.

Probably because they have the purest souls. After all, in my opinion, dogs are the closest thing we have right now to physically having Jesus in our lives.

Last edited:
I know the feeling. Last month I went to the Doctor's for a stess test and ended up in the hospital for 5 days and two stents.
I'm scheduled for a pace-maker implant next month.
~~~~~~
Hey! I'm 88 yrs/old next month and still kicking, especially the Commies I took an oath to destroy when I entered the military.
Don't ask how long ago it was.
My asnwer is still the same, we used the Brown Bess and wound up our planes with rubber bands.
I meet my maker with clear eyes.

Forum List

Back