Torture: physical or psychological

Torture, right or wrong

• wrong, makes us look as bad as hussein

Votes: 15 75.0%
  • right, because who cares about the iraqis anyway.

Votes: 5 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Originally posted by DKSuddeth
Punish all of them for the acts of a few, right?

So when are you getting your glow stick in the ass then?

First off how do you know that they aren't all bad?

Second, who is to say if the glow stick up the ass is a bad thing?

Originally posted by SpidermanTuba
"Since I am under the impression that the Iraqis being detained are associated with the resistance and are committed to killing US Troops"

HOW DO YOU KNOW !?!?!?!?

It is not permissible to use either physical or psycological discomfort as an interrorgation technique PERIOD.

Sure it is. Are you telling me that if someone was holding your loved one hostage and you had someone who had information, but wasn't going to tell you, you wouldn't torture them to get the information from them? I'd be breaking out the batteries and wires and other things until they begged me to talk.

Originally posted by Patriot

First, I agree

Second, depends on if you are pitching or catching.

If you want to try it sweetheart, maybe I can help.:eek:

How do we know they aren't all bad?
I don't know, how do we know you aren't bad?

Originally posted by Doc Holiday
Sure it is. Are you telling me that if someone was holding your loved one hostage and you had someone who had information, but wasn't going to tell you, you wouldn't torture them to get the information from them? I'd be breaking out the batteries and wires and other things until they begged me to talk.

Some of those detained are likely to have been rounded up for being in the vicinity of insurgents, others are likely to be positively identified as insurgents. Either way, it is un-American to shove a light bulb up someone's ass. Unless, that's what floats YOUR boat and as long as you don't force it on anyone else.

I read the news about the beheading. I am sick. My emotional response is to decimate the population of the prison. For the benifit of the illiterate, I mean to make a formation, and shoot every tenth man. Then bury the body with pigs. Sooner or later someone is going to decide that the kid gloves come off. Our president and military leaders have shown admirable restraint. Perhaps the best solution is to isolate the country and let them kill each other off. Of course, anything entering or leaving the country is killed.

Ummm...He is the terrorism expert remember?

I don't think it takes a terrorism expert to know that abusing prisoners is wrong.

And police are experts on crime, I suppose we should just allow them to round everyone up who they think is a criminal, throw them in jail without bothering to inform their familiy, and then all say "Ahh, who cares, they're all criminals" when they get beaten.

Originally posted by pegwinn
I read the news about the beheading. I am sick. My emotional response is to decimate the population of the prison. For the benifit of the illiterate, I mean to make a formation, and shoot every tenth man. Then bury the body with pigs. Sooner or later someone is going to decide that the kid gloves come off. Our president and military leaders have shown admirable restraint. Perhaps the best solution is to isolate the country and let them kill each other off. Of course, anything entering or leaving the country is killed.

Quite strong words. So mad you don't care about killing innocents.
Interesting. I wonder if there is an end to this eye for an eye shit.

Originally posted by JIHADTHIS
This whole so called "scandal" is based on assumption as far as the public is concerned. How any body can make claims of anything beyond what they saw in those handful of photos is beyond me.

You obviously haven't read the ICRC report.

Originally posted by KarlMarx
Well, this dead communist isn't going to cry himself to sleep over those Iraqis tonight!

Was it wrong for our soldiers to do what they allegedly did? Certainly.

But let's not lose sight of the fact that, because of some of the Iraqi SOBs in those photos, there are American kids that don't have moms or dads. Let's not forget that, because of some of those Iraqi SOBs, some American soldiers aren't coming home, ever. Let's not lose sight of the fact that those Iraqi pigs are probably responsible for filling the mass graves that we're finding all over Iraq.

Let's not forget, that if the shoe were on the other foot, those SOBs would have chopped our soldiers to shreds and don't you think that they would feel sorry about it!

Do I think that they had it coming? You betcha! Am I sorry for thinking this way? Absolutely not!

Speaking of investigating brazen acts of inhumanity to humans, how about that UN oil for food fiasco? When are they going to investigate that? Or when are they going to investigate Germany's , France's and Russia's violations of UN resolutions by provide contraban weapons to Saddam Hussein? I think that systemic and institutionalized corruption of the U.N. that affects the well being of millions of people is a bigger fish to fry than the alleged maltreatment of a handful of Iraqi prisoners by a handful of American soldiers!

While I'm venting my spleen, let's not forget the American liberals. If were half as outraged at the Islamofascists each time an American were killed over in Iraq as they are over this fiasco, they'd be rioting in the streets.

Let's not lose sight of the fact that you have no idea who we're keeping in these prisons.

Originally posted by nycflasher
Quite strong words. So mad you don't care about killing innocents.
Interesting. I wonder if there is an end to this eye for an eye shit.

I don't think there will be. I honestly think we're just doomed to endless warefare. I mean, we've pretty much been at war with someone or another since Pearl Harbor, and there is no end in sight. What a future for our children, one day, they'll grow up big and strong, and if they're lucky, they'll get to die for their country and come home in a box.

Originally posted by insein
And neither do you. Unitl then, i'll assume its standard military procedure to arrest people who are commiting crimes.

Well as long as its settled no one here has any idea of the identities of each and every Iraqi prisoner, lets not make assumptions about who they are.

Its standard police procedure to arrest people comitting crimes, obviously that must mean all people arrested are guilty of crimes and deserving of humiliation.

I don't think there will be. I honestly think we're just doomed to endless warefare. I mean, we've pretty much been at war with someone or another since Pearl Harbor, and there is no end in sight. What a future for our children, one day, they'll grow up big and strong, and if they're lucky, they'll get to die for their country and come home in a box.

Did you ever stop to think that the only reason your miserable self is allowed to exist is because you live in this country that you obviously hate so much? This country that has stood up to evil whenever it has threatened us. This country that has saved countless number of lives.

You dwell on the deaths and destruction caused by war without stopping to think that without victory, would I even be here.

Well as long as its settled no one here has any idea of the identities of each and every Iraqi prisoner, lets not make assumptions about who they are.

Its standard police procedure to arrest people comitting crimes, obviously that must mean all people arrested are guilty of crimes and deserving of humiliation.

Exactly. I'll just assume that they are criminals. As most people who commit crimes get locked up. A small minority might be innocent, but on the whole i would bet to you that these prisoners deserved to be there.

Originally posted by insein
Exactly. I'll just assume that they are criminals. As most people who commit crimes get locked up. A small minority might be innocent, but on the whole i would bet to you that these prisoners deserved to be there.

Assuming things is generally a bad idea.
I think one misses the point if they make it about the guilt/innocence of the prisoner and not about the abuse.
If you don't kill 'em in battle, you lock 'em up and let the courts decide their fate. That's how Americans are suppose to behave. That's how I behave.

Originally posted by nycflasher
Assuming things is generally a bad idea.
I think one misses the point if they make it about the guilt/innocence of the prisoner and not about the abuse.
If you don't kill 'em in battle, you lock 'em up and let the courts decide their fate. That's how Americans are suppose to behave. That's how I behave.

Again i agree the acts were wrong.

But spidey's point which he has been harping on over and over is that we, meaning America and President Bush, are creating concentration camps where we don't discriminate between innocent and guilty and simply round up everyone to be tortured and killed.

What i am merely saying is that, if your in the prison, you probably did something to get there.

by NYC Flasher
Assuming things is generally a bad idea.I think one misses the point if they make it about the guilt/innocence of the prisoner and not about the abuse.

Good for you and your behavior. There are several places right now that make me think that the prisoners were probably not saints, this being one: http://iraqthemodel.blogspot.com/archives/2004_05_01_iraqthemodel_archive.html#108402732613255085

Regardless of guilt or innocence, usually in a war situation the captured are incarcerated until the end of hostilities, then allowed to return to their homes, (unless of course one is in an Islamic state in the 21st C, then you might make them a slave). They should not have been held up to ridicule, but seems to me the greatest 'ridicule' has been having the photos published, but that's just me.

There is no equivalency here, none.

Forum List

Back