Torture: physical or psychological

Torture, right or wrong

• wrong, makes us look as bad as hussein

Votes: 15 75.0%
  • right, because who cares about the iraqis anyway.

Votes: 5 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Originally posted by SpidermanTuba
It doesn't matter who these people are. We don't have to make any assumptions about who they are to say that torturing them is wrong.

This whole so called "scandal" is based on assumption as far as the public is concerned. How any body can make claims of anything beyond what they saw in those handful of photos is beyond me.

Originally posted by JIHADTHIS
This whole so called "scandal" is based on assumption as far as the public is concerned. How any body can make claims of anything beyond what they saw in those handful of photos is beyond me.

should we not refer to reports from the pentagon about worse cases coming out?

Is beheading an american on tv torture? since it just happened i would like to know the rules of engagement here

Are the terrorists in iraq worried about their credibilty now. I'm sure they are investingating this abuse as we speak. hmmmmmmm----would I rather be naked or dead?

Originally posted by dilloduck
Is beheading an american on tv torture? since it just happened i would like to know the rules of engagement here

the rules would be find the five bastards and blow em away.

Originally posted by dilloduck
Are the terrorists in iraq worried about their credibilty now. I'm sure they are investingating this abuse as we speak. hmmmmmmm----would I rather be naked or dead?

its apples and oranges. You can't gauge how another culture is going to react by using the standards of your culture. If you do, you'll be wrong every time.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
its apples and oranges. You can't gauge how another culture is going to react by using the standards of your culture. If you do, you'll be wrong every time.

Very true. I think it was you that eluded to that fact earlier? We fear death, they fear humiliation. That's why I'm not outraged at the pictures.

Originally posted by Pale Rider
If this is true, then it should once and for all put making a couple Iraqi prisoners get naked in perspective.

no, I don't think it should. Do we truly expect them to be any different? I don't. I also don't think we should let their murderous conduct change how we should treat the prisoners humanely.

If we want to send them a point about how to treat americans maybe we should actually do the burial with pig parts. That would work for me just fine.

no, I don't think it should. Do we truly expect them to be any different? I don't. I also don't think we should let their murderous conduct change how we should treat the prisoners humanely.

If we want to send them a point about how to treat americans maybe we should actually do the burial with pig parts. That would work for me just fine.

No we need to act better than these people. But humiliation and murder are miles apart. I hope you see that DK.

Originally posted by JIHADTHIS
Very true. I think it was you that eluded to that fact earlier? We fear death, they fear humiliation. That's why I'm not outraged at the pictures.
They kill rape victims ovethere.
Pretty fucked up.

alluded?

Originally posted by insein
No we need to act better than these people. But humiliation and murder are miles apart. I hope you see that DK.

of course I do. I don't expect anything better than murder out of people like those 5, but thats not really the issue. the only thing that concerns me about terrorists is that they die. the concern I have with my fellow marines and army soldiers is maintaining their integrity.

of course I do. I don't expect anything better than murder out of people like those 5, but thats not really the issue. the only thing that concerns me about terrorists is that they die. the concern I have with my fellow marines and army soldiers is maintaining their integrity.

Ok then we are on the same page. I just don't like how this story is being brushed over by the LMM. I also don't like that when they DO report it they say that it is in retaliation for the "heinous crimes" that have been committed in the Abu Gharib prison. Such bias is mind boggling.

Well, this dead communist isn't going to cry himself to sleep over those Iraqis tonight!

Was it wrong for our soldiers to do what they allegedly did? Certainly.

But let's not lose sight of the fact that, because of some of the Iraqi SOBs in those photos, there are American kids that don't have moms or dads. Let's not forget that, because of some of those Iraqi SOBs, some American soldiers aren't coming home, ever. Let's not lose sight of the fact that those Iraqi pigs are probably responsible for filling the mass graves that we're finding all over Iraq.

Let's not forget, that if the shoe were on the other foot, those SOBs would have chopped our soldiers to shreds and don't you think that they would feel sorry about it!

Do I think that they had it coming? You betcha! Am I sorry for thinking this way? Absolutely not!

Speaking of investigating brazen acts of inhumanity to humans, how about that UN oil for food fiasco? When are they going to investigate that? Or when are they going to investigate Germany's , France's and Russia's violations of UN resolutions by provide contraban weapons to Saddam Hussein? I think that systemic and institutionalized corruption of the U.N. that affects the well being of millions of people is a bigger fish to fry than the alleged maltreatment of a handful of Iraqi prisoners by a handful of American soldiers!

While I'm venting my spleen, let's not forget the American liberals. If were half as outraged at the Islamofascists each time an American were killed over in Iraq as they are over this fiasco, they'd be rioting in the streets.

Forum List

Back