This Is A Good Reason To Keep Cats Indoors

People who let their cats run wild suck!!!
I'm not a huge cat fan due to cat owners,they let them out and they shit and piss in their neighbors flower beds leaving them stinking to high heaven.
I dont let my dogs run free and cat owners should do the same.
Letting them run free is a sign that they shouldnt own pets.
I have cats and dogs…fully agree!

The thing you gotta remember is that it only one time and the cat will avoid the flower beds.

Yeah, but the thing you have to remember is I actually have a cat and although she's indoors it's really hard for me to picture somebody using a mouse trap on her,.. I'd probably kill them.

I have two cats and they seem happy indoors. We have a big window where they can watch birds at tbe feeders…like tv. They also catch mice in tbe house. I would like to build them a catio though.

If they were outdoors…the pay would kill the birds.

I do think cats need to go out occasionally. I let mine out at least once a day for a little while. She just sat on the porch. She died last week at 18.
My family had a lot of cats over the years. Especially when I was a child. They were always allowed to go outside whenever they wanted. They could just sit by the door and meow until someone would open the door for them.

Sometimes we had cats would just disappear for weeks or months. It turns out that some cats have several homes.

My family had a lot of cats over the years. Especially when I was a child. They were always allowed to go outside whenever they wanted. They could just sit by the door and meow until someone would open the door for them.

Sometimes we had cats would just disappear for weeks or months. It turns out that some cats have several homes.

If you live in the boonies i can see letting your cat run wild although if you have a bunch of them they wipe out the native wildlife.

The thing you gotta remember is that it only one time and the cat will avoid the flower beds.
I’d have to read up about cat deterrents HWGA, but I think there are better ways to protect flowerbeds and particularly gardens like there are for various wild animals. Just throwing in my nickel here, not wooden either:p

I’d have to read up about cat deterrents HWGA, but I think there are better ways to protect flowerbeds and particularly gardens like there are for various wild animals. Just throwing in my nickel here, not wooden either:p

They're cheap and they work.
I used em on my dogs to keep em out of the flower beds in the backyard.
They work so well I could hold out a pack of cigarettes which are close to the same size and the dogs would start barking at em.
Same with an electric fence,you hold out any wire and they backaway and bark at it.
It's no different than any other deterrent,it's unpleasant but nowhere close to lethal.

They're cheap and they work.
I used em on my dogs to keep em out of the flower beds in the backyard.
They work so well I could hold out a pack of cigarettes which are close to the same size and the dogs would start barking at em.
Same with an electric fence,you hold out any wire and they backaway and bark at it.
It's no different than any other deterrent,it's unpleasant but nowhere close to lethal.
My neighbor’s solution was to use a hose a few summers back, and it only took one direct spray to send the message. Cat never returned, but it did require timing it at dusk.

Planting some catnip away from your garden helps keep cats away from it. It kinda keeps them busy. :)

But I don't think cats are destructive to vegetable gardens in the first place. Some psychopaths just hate cats and blame their lack of gardening skills on cats.

Forum List

Back