Time to pare back welfare- USA poor living too high on the hog?

Here's a partial fix. It deals in SNAP and a few other programs. I find it hard to believe that energy drinks and soft drinks are allowed under them. Plus, when they can trade points for cash on the same system. Clean that part up and more people won't be on it. But if they have to be on it, cut back on the frivolous crap.

The WIC program is considered a universal success because these are coupons ... "good for one gallon of milk" ... not milk chocolate, but a gallon of milk ... any dog breeder will tell you lactating bitches need better foods ... human whelps are no different ...

I make no excuse for collecting food stamps as a young parent ... working, lots of titlings, no child support ... I never had extra for soda or pizza ... it only covered the basics ... each raise I got at work cut the Food Stamps back ... dollar for dollar ... until there were no more Food Stamps ...

Then ... stupid me ... bought a second piece of real estate and that disqualified me from all these programs ... not that I minded throwing away the prosthetic bra for the WIC benefits ... God that was embarrassing to wear ...

Welfare is a well meaning program with good intentions that has been abused to the point it should be shut down, even at the peril of the few that legitimately use it to get back in their feet.

America has fostered incompetency, laziness, stupidity, greed, disrespect for the country, and bred irresponsible, ambitionless and weak people for too long. Those people use and abuse welfare to the point I think all welfare should be removed entirely. It isn't a few of bad apples, now it's where there are only a few good apples.

People today have absolutely no idea what hard times are. My grandma grew up making her panties and bra out of feed sacks, they filled out dinner by boiling dandelion stems to eat, she didn't even make it to highschool because she had to take care of her mother then lived with the neighbors when her mom died. But she managed to own 10 acres in a house her and grandpa built, she sold it and bought a condo, and died with enough money to pay 7k a month for her apartment in the assisted living facility I moved her when she got dementia, and left me a pretty good sized bit of money.

Sure it's going to hurt, sure a lot of people will be angry, but in the end our nation will be stronger for it. When we weed out the weak and the ones coming up have to be responsible, strong and independent then the entire country prospers. It will hurt for a little bit but eventually our country is better off.

Forum List

Back