One Hundred Cats Removed From Hoarder's Residence

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
I love cats so much, but I would never take in more than I could handle and this is incredibly heartbreaking. Poor kitties. I'm glad that most of them were okay though.

I love cats so much, but I would never take in more than I could handle and this is incredibly heartbreaking. Poor kitties. I'm glad that most of them were okay though.

See what I meant earlier about self-discipline?

Things like this sicken me.

The person is obviously mentally ill, but that is no right.

To think we can't even have a cat at my house.

Watched many episodes of Horders, and I am amazed and disgusted by the way many people live.
I want to slap them upside the head and say WTF?

Watched many episodes of Horders, and I am amazed and disgusted by the way many people live.
I want to slap them upside the head and say WTF?
I have watched Hoarders many times, too, but that's not my reaction!

I feel sad for them, and the whole situation is thought-provoking. How much is enough, how much is too much, etc. The animal hoarders are sort of the worst situation.

I feel sad for them, and the whole situation is thought-provoking. How much is enough, how much is too much, etc. The animal hoarders are sort of the worst situation.

Their heart is in the right place, but they're still totally in the wrong and need somebody to wake them up.

Which is why I wouldn't be a good psychologist for them.
I would lose my cool.
I just have a hard time feeling sympathetic to those who literally create a mess of their lives. But I may be a little bit of a prick and impatient with peoples "problems", whatever they may be.
The show is fascinating though.

Their heart is in the right place, but they're still totally in the wrong and need somebody to wake them up.
There was one episode where a guy let wild rats take over his house. Hundreds of them. He thought of them as his pets and let them crawl all over him. A modern day Willard.
House ended up being condemned because they destroyed the house. :disbelief:

Which is why I wouldn't be a good psychologist for them.
I would lose my cool.
I just have a hard time feeling sympathetic to those who literally create a mess of their lives. But I may be a little bit of a prick and impatient with peoples "problems", whatever they may be.
The show is fascinating though.
The very first show, IIRC, was of an older woman who did have a pretty awful hoarder house, but she was kind of a cool woman, and the psychologist or psychiatrist male they hired to deal with her was just a plain bully, and he did lose his cool; yelling at her, running her down. He was the villain, not her, and I noticed they never had him on again, either.

Later they had an older man with quite a bit of land out in the suburbs of this southern town and he had made it into a huge machine junk yard, but it was incredibly orderly (compulsive, really --- all stacked just so, all lines straight, wide aisles) --- and they made him clear it out, but one of the helpers "went native" as they said, and took his side. So did my husband: because it was the upscale neighbors that wanted this junkyard gone, however neat, to improve their housing values, though he had been there 30 years longer than they had.

Very thought-provoking, wonderful show. I should watch it more.

There was one episode where a guy let wild rats take over his house. Hundreds of them. He thought of them as his pets and let them crawl all over him. A modern day Willard.

That's nasty. I would either set traps for them or call the exterminator.

I remember the one where their goats ate the house.

They were eating the insulation and got right into the house; it's true about goats eating really anything.

I remember the one where their goats ate the house.

They were eating the insulation and got right into the house; it's true about goats eating really anything.

I can just picture the phone ringing and the owners saying that they couldn't talk at the moment because one of their kids was eating their mattress. :auiqs.jpg:

I used to watch Animal Precinct, where the animal law enforcers would go out to these residences to check on reported animals.

It made me so sick after the first season, I couldn't watch anymore.

It was wonderful watching the saved animals get medical help and plumped back into a healthy animal, but seeing them found in such filth, disease, and degradation........I wanted to go on a murderous rampage so bad!!! I just couldn't sleep anymore, and just watching these animals being found the way they were.........it was just beyond nauseating.

I used to watch Animal Precinct, where the animal law enforcers would go out to these residences to check on reported animals.

It was wonderful watching the saved animals get medical help and plumped back into a healthy animal, but seeing them found in such filth, disease, and degradation........I wanted to go on a murderous rampage so bad!!! I just couldn't sleep anymore, and just watching these animals being found the way they were.........it was just beyond nauseating.
My niece is a "horse cop" in Clark County. Tough job.

It's bad for people to watch that kind of thing. Someone taught me years ago, just don't let that into your mind. I think she was right and I avoid all that.

Forum List

Back