This Is A Good Reason To Keep Cats Indoors

Nonsense----I have owned probably over a 100 cats in my life time---all of mine live to be over 15 some over 20 and none have shown the psychological problems that most indoor only cats have. My cats go in and out as they please. I couldn't image being happy being locked in a house all the time.

Dont be surprised if a neighbor poisons them.
I put mouse traps in my beds to keep em out,they smelled like an over full litter box.
Thats pretty shitty to let your cats shit in people's flower beds.

What opinion?
BTW I've had to battle the other side too. Previous neighbor was feeding all the feral cats. Come to find out animal control doesnt exist anymore so when winter arrived I bought a trap, filled it with cat food on the weekends and transported 40 cats out of the area. Never once saw a sign asking if anyone had seen Fluffy

I put mouse traps in my beds to keep em out,they smelled like an over full litter box.
We have raccoons, bobcats, atleast One Puma, possums, thousands and thousands of little but sweet swamp bunnies and all sorts of birds---from Bald eagles to giant cranes here----Florida suburbs. Cat's pee and poop is the least of my worries. My little shih-tzu btw, poops in our front yard as a warning to all those people walkers to stay out of her yard.

BTW I've had to battle the other side too. Previous neighbor was feeding all the feral cats. Come to find out animal control doesnt exist anymore so when winter arrived I bought a trap, filled it with cat food on the weekends and transported 40 cats out of the area. Never once saw a sign asking if anyone had seen Fluffy

When we bought our country place the old lady left us with well over 20 cats.
The barn the shed and the shop smelled like a litter box. I tried trapping them and taking em down the road 20 miles and they always came back.
The nearest shelter was over 60 miles away and I sure as hell wasnt going to take 20 plus trips to get rid of em.
I ended up doing it the old fashioned way.
I was amazed at how much wildlife returned once they were gone.
I did keep two of of them to keep the rodents under control.

We have raccoons, bobcats, atleast One Puma, possums, thousands and thousands of little but sweet swamp bunnies and all sorts of birds---from Bald eagles to giant cranes here----Florida suburbs. Cat's pee and poop is the least of my worries. My little shih-tzu btw, poops in our front yard as a warning to all those people walkers to stay out of her yard.

We get possums,racoons and a bunch of other critters here.
The dogs will eat the possums given a chance.

Guess what dog owners let their dogs do the same

I've NEVER seen a dog running around by itself and I've lived here for more than ten years.
I do think cats need to go out occasionally. I let mine out at least once a day for a little while. She just sat on the porch. She died last week at 18.

I'm really sorry to hear that, but like I said before, my cat is purrfectly happy being a lazy indoor kitty. :)

In my neighborhood cats are picked up by animal control.
I'm more likely to see racoons or possum roaming around than cats.

Same and we've got all of the above around here as well as skunks. Another reason why I don't want my cat to go out although at least they aren't deadly.

Could be cut to the chase?

whats wrong with the cat in 15 minutes or less?

She got run over by a car. It was a hit and run case. :(

Cats don't roam around in packs and attack people.

No, but they hang out in colonies though. At least feral ones do, I'm not sure about domesticated ones.

Nonsense----I have owned probably over a 100 cats in my life time---all of mine live to be over 15 some over 20 and none have shown the psychological problems that most indoor only cats have. My cats go in and out as they please. I couldn't image being happy being locked in a house all the time.

Like I said, my cat is happy and loved and prefers lazing around on the couch anyways. We'll still open up the windows and glass doors for her to get fresh air though. We got a piece of glass over them then so she won't get out like our last one did. Losing another cat just isn't worth the risk. Especially to getting hit by a car or coyotes, but we still don't know what happened to our last one as we never did find her and she never came back like we had hoped. :(

They dont do it in any neighborhood I've ever lived.
That shit only happens in the ghetto.

I just pictured a gang of cats and dogs walking down the street together snapping their paws. :auiqs.jpg:

Some people clean up their dog’s crap and then leave the bag behind.

I know, it's like what's the point? You're better off just leaving it behind and let nature do its course,.. not like I recommend it though.

Okay, I realize you're upset but that's horrible and you can purchase humane traps you know.

Coyotes are a problem around here, too.
We have a hawk that has come the past couple of springs and stays around a wooded area with a creek through the summer. He stalks on a specific branch in a very tall but dying tree looking for prey. Not sure what he’ll do if he’s still alive when that particular tree will be cut down.

I’m glad my current two cats don’t have any interest to be outside; my last male cat definitely did but only when someone went out with him so the hawk wouldn’t swoop him up.

She got run over by a car. It was a hit and run case.
Thats unusual for a cat

and I wasnt being critical of you

too many YouTube creaters take too long to get to the point

We have a hawk that has come the past couple of springs and stays around a wooded area with a creek through the summer. He stalks on a specific branch in a very tall but dying tree looking for prey. Not sure what he’ll do if he’s still alive when that particular tree will be cut down.

I’m glad my current two cats don’t have any interest to be outside; my last male cat definitely did but only when someone went out with him so the hawk wouldn’t swoop him up.
My last neighborhood, just a half mile from here, had a resident hawk. There were hardly any squirrels. When the hawk moved on or died, the squirrels moved back in. They kept trying to get into my bird feeders. Didn't have much luck.

Had a raccoon, though, who would knock down my hummingbird feeder and drink the nectar. A live trap and a trip across the canal later, no one was messing with my hummers.

My last neighborhood, just a half mile from here, had a resident hawk. There were hardly any squirrels. When the hawk moved on or died, the squirrels moved back in. They kept trying to get into my bird feeders. Didn't have much luck.

Had a raccoon, though, who would knock down my hummingbird feeder and drink the nectar. A live trap and a trip across the canal later, no one was messing with my hummers.
I never made the connection until you just mentioned the squirrel factor. A definite reduction in squirrels after the hawk moved in a few years ago but appears to be on a seasonal basis in my immediate area.

Attachments

• 9ACF5A0B-C283-44A8-AC76-1261DF74D488.jpeg
    9ACF5A0B-C283-44A8-AC76-1261DF74D488.jpeg
    259.9 KB · Views: 28
I've NEVER seen a dog running around by itself and I've lived here for more than ten years.

I'm really sorry to hear that, but like I said before, my cat is purrfectly happy being a lazy indoor kitty. :)

Same and we've got all of the above around here as well as skunks. Another reason why I don't want my cat to go out although at least they aren't deadly.

She got run over by a car. It was a hit and run case. :(

No, but they hang out in colonies though. At least feral ones do, I'm not sure about domesticated ones.

Like I said, my cat is happy and loved and prefers lazing around on the couch anyways. We'll still open up the windows and glass doors for her to get fresh air though. We got a piece of glass over them then so she won't get out like our last one did. Losing another cat just isn't worth the risk. Especially to getting hit by a car or coyotes, but we still don't know what happened to our last one as we never did find her and she never came back like we had hoped. :(

I just pictured a gang of cats and dogs walking down the street together snapping their paws. :auiqs.jpg:

I know, it's like what's the point? You're better off just leaving it behind and let nature do its course,.. not like I recommend it though.

Okay, I realize you're upset but that's horrible and you can purchase humane traps you know.

A mouse trap doesnt kill the cat it just gives em a good wack.
After awhile you dont even have to set em.
And of course you wouldnt want your neighbor to find out your taking the cat to animal control.
With the mousetrap they dont even know whats going on and you keep the cats out of your flower bed.

Forum List

Back