The un-celebrity president: Jimmy Carter shuns riches, lives modestly in his Georgia hometown

Derided as a 'peanut farmer', Carter is a towering intellect, compared to the moron currently trashing the Presidency.

Trump is a multi-billionaire with his own private jet and helicopter, and Carter farms peanuts.
Some people measure success differently. For all his riches, Trump doesn't smile nearly as often as Jimmy Carter does, still, in his mid-90s. And when Trump smiles, you sort of get a cold shiver up your spine. When Jimmy smiles it just feels warm.

there are categories of brain damage that lead to incessant smiling and
even incessant laughter------among them the now advertised PSEUDOBULBAR
PALSY--------<<< many causes from injury all the way to infection

Dude Carter is a joke compared to Trump. Look Trump is a multi billionaire who ran for POTUS as an amateur with no prior political experience and stomped the shit out of 16 GOP candidates, then took on the entirety of the DC swamp, Dem's, liberal media, several former presidents who supported Hillary, her $1.2 billion dollar campaign war chest, and Trump against all those odds stomped the shit out of Hillary. That's what a winner looks like.
Let's leave Hillary out of this. Between the two men, as far as my "success" yardstick goes, Carter is the clear winner. Ruthlessness & narcissism are only admirable traits among evil men. Carter is not evil. So he is a success. Period.

Perhaps a measure of ruthlessness is necessary to be President. Just not ruthlessness that possesses the entire man as it does Trump. That being said, I'm still voting conservative this Fall because the far left shows a ruthlessness even beyond Trump. And Trump's handlers keep him in check. Nobody on the left is keeping that shit-show in check. It's running amok without any check valve at all.

Dude Carter is a joke compared to Trump. Look Trump is a multi billionaire who ran for POTUS as an amateur with no prior political experience and stomped the shit out of 16 GOP candidates, then took on the entirety of the DC swamp, Dem's, liberal media, several former presidents who supported Hillary, her $1.2 billion dollar campaign war chest, and Trump against all those odds stomped the shit out of Hillary. That's what a winner looks like.
Let's leave Hillary out of this. Between the two men, as far as my "success" yardstick goes, Carter is the clear winner. Ruthlessness & narcissism are only admirable traits among evil men. Carter is not evil. So he is a success. Period.

Perhaps a measure of ruthlessness is necessary to be President. Just not ruthlessness that possesses the entire man as it does Trump. That being said, I'm still voting conservative this Fall because the far left shows a ruthlessness even beyond Trump. And Trump's handlers keep him in check. Nobody on the left is keeping that shit-show in check. It's running amok without any check valve at all.

Hell yes ruthlessness is necessary, everywhere you look in nature this is true. Even plants are at war with each other. If you think humans have evolved above this look at how corrupt and dishonest our government has become.

Partially agree-----Carter is NOT EVIL----just stupid. Obama is not evil either---
just not so capable of good judgement. Trump is not evil-----just annoying----
but seems to have good judgement

Not even close to Nixon

Reagan was popular and well liked. He was charming and witty which covered for his shortfalls. The media, if anything, was too soft on him

Nixon was actually a good and effective President.

He opened China, he won the Viet Nam War, he created the EPA, he pushed for a Health Care for all........

Not bad.
Nixon was not popular with the press

In the ranking of Presidents, Trump will rank well below Carter
Bush 43 already does

Hell yes ruthlessness is necessary, everywhere you look in nature this is true. Even plants are at war with each other. If you think humans have evolved above this look at how corrupt and dishonest our government has become.

Some humans have evolved above this, but still reserve a proper measure of ruthlessness making them able leaders. It's called maturity. Immature leaders (predominantly or totally ruthless) lead to corruption. Corruption leads to downfall of civilizations. The solution is to not regard ruthlessness as the prime quality sought in leadership. It must be a vestigial attribute and not the main one.

Some humans have evolved above this, but still reserve a proper measure of ruthlessness making them able leaders. It's called maturity. Immature leaders (predominantly or totally ruthless) lead to corruption. Corruption leads to downfall of civilizations. The solution is to not regard ruthlessness as the prime quality sought in leadership. It must be a vestigial attribute and not the main one.

Would you rather have a professional politician lie to your face and put on some act pretending to be mature, or someone like Trump who doesn't hide who he is or what he thinks?

Would you rather have a professional politician lie to your face and put on some act pretending to be mature, or someone like Trump who doesn't hide who he is or what he thinks?
Trump lies incessantly

He has zero credibility. Not just as a politician but as a human being

President Carter just always struck me as bitter. He never forgave Reagan for beating him. (George HW Bush practically adopted Bill Clinton after Clinton beat him). Further, I found his foreign policy to be too appeasing and domestic policies to be punishing.

Poor people don't complain ..... ^ ^ ;)
Canadians don't complain. What the hell is he doing building houses in Canada anyway?

Habitat for Humanity builds houses all over the world.

Old Jimmy usually shows up for a brief photo op.

They wouldn’t exist without him

Has anyone done a real OUTCOME study on "habitat for humanity"?
seems to me that lots and lots and lots and MORE AND MORE AND
MORE people are ending up homeless and lacking in uninfected water
Provide some data

i liked him , still do but he is a wusse but a good guy . His inflation was good for some people who could sock it away in CD's and safe stuff like that .
My first investment was a Carter era CD. It paid 17.76% interest! Unfortunately my first mortgage was 13.5% interest.

I invested in money market funds and got as much as 19 percent
My first mortgage was adjustable at 12.5 percent

Poor people don't complain ..... ^ ^ ;)
Canadians don't complain. What the hell is he doing building houses in Canada anyway?

Habitat for Humanity builds houses all over the world.

Old Jimmy usually shows up for a brief photo op.

They wouldn’t exist without him

Has anyone done a real OUTCOME study on "habitat for humanity"?
seems to me that lots and lots and lots and MORE AND MORE AND
MORE people are ending up homeless and lacking in uninfected water
Provide some data

I have none-----just an impression based on being ALIVE

i liked him , still do but he is a wusse but a good guy . His inflation was good for some people who could sock it away in CD's and safe stuff like that .
My first investment was a Carter era CD. It paid 17.76% interest! Unfortunately my first mortgage was 13.5% interest.
--------------------------------------------------------------- thanks , i forgot , didn't care but i heard old guys talking how they were raking it in on Carters inflation . Some of these old guys , rail road employees made good dollars but for example wouldn't pay off their 4 or 5 percent houses bought in the early or mid 60s because their money was sitting in Safe CD's and was making money . Anyway , thats what i recall . Thanks for refreshing MMike ,

I invested in money market funds and got as much as 19 percent
My first mortgage was adjustable at 12.5 percent
------------------------------------- thanks RWinger !!

i prefer Trump and his carnivalesque traits: the High Plains drifter glower, the eyebrows that wander around his forehead like fuzzy Slinkies, the bicycle helmet hairdo, the toughest guy in the bar swagger, the Day Glo silk ties.

Jimmy Carter is a pussy

i prefer Trump and his carnivalesque traits: the High Plains drifter glower, the eyebrows that wander around his forehead like fuzzy Slinkies, the bicycle helmet hairdo, the toughest guy in the bar swagger, the Day Glo silk ties.

Jimmy Carter is a pussy
--------------------------------------- Go TRUMP is all i can say !!

Forum List

Back