The un-celebrity president: Jimmy Carter shuns riches, lives modestly in his Georgia hometown

Derided as a 'peanut farmer', Carter is a towering intellect, compared to the moron currently trashing the Presidency.

i liked him , still do but he is a wusse but a good guy . His inflation was good for some people who could sock it away in CD's and safe stuff like that .

think that he killed a WABBIT with a Boat Oar . Now thats huntin !!

Jimmuh is damn glad Ears came along and bumped him off as the worst president of all time

i liked him , still do but he is a wusse but a good guy . His inflation was good for some people who could sock it away in CD's and safe stuff like that .
CDs are not good things to own when inflation is out of control.

------------------------------------------------- well people were socking it away in something that was risk free , think it was 'JIMMY' HIGH inflation days , maybe it was Reagan as i forget . ME , i just bought another motorcycle .

------------------------------------------------- well people were socking it away in something that was risk free , think it was 'JIMMY' HIGH inflation days , maybe it was Reagan as i forget . ME , i just bought another motorcycle .
Real Estate was the place to put your money. If you got in before interest rates went to 21%, your mortgage quickly turned into pocket change compared to what the money was worth before the inflation.

Physical assets were what you wanted, and low interest rate loans on those assets were even better.

Last edited:
Jimmy Carter doesnt shun riches. He is worth 7 million dollars. But he does generally shun the spotlight which is what ex Presidents are supposed to do.

Jimmy was a shitty president ....but a good guy overall otherwise.
spot on...Jimmy Carter was the first person I ever voted for which directly led to me voting for a man I considered to be the worst politician alive Ronald Reagan, but by 84 I was leading the parade for reagan...it was reagans deeds in office that led most of the nation to the conclusion that the media could not be trusted.

Jimmy was a shitty president ....but a good guy overall otherwise.
spot on...Jimmy Carter was the first person I ever voted for which directly led to me voting for a man I considered to be the worst politician alive Ronald Reagan, but by 84 I was leading the parade for reagan...it was reagans deeds in office that led most of the nation to the conclusion that the media could not be trusted.

Jimmy Carter was, at that time, a fundamentally good man. Incompetent and gullible but decent. Remember..he was the last man the Democrats ever ran who had actually held a job outside of the government. After him the ruling elites took over and pulled the Democrats to the land of the loony left.
Reagan was my first vote in 1984. My mom voted for Jimmy Carter in 1980 like you but had become a fanatical Reganite by the 1984 election. Even my grandparents, lifelong Democrats, were Republican by his second term due to watching the Democrats attack his success.

If I had a Presidential track record like Jimmy, I'd be laying low too.

an-angry-mob-300x200.png

The guy has a full time staff of armed bodyguards courtesy of the U.S. taxpayers and a pension that would rival any Wall Street banker for four years inept service and a medical plan fit for a freaking king, courtesy of the U.S. taxpayers so his lifestyle isn't exactly "modest". He's not a good guy. He is a democrat operative and always will be. Carter gave a speech to W&L University in Virginia shortly after Al Gore lost the election and he told law students that "the U.S. electoral system is inherently corrupt". He gave no evidence and the use of the word "inherently" indicates a profound disrespect for the U.S. Constitution. Carter is not only an idiot, he is a left wing idiot.

Last edited:
He comes often to Winnipeg, here .... Habitat for Humanity .... they (including him) build houses for poor people etc ... :)

He comes often to Winnipeg, here .... Habitat for Humanity .... they (including him) build houses for poor people etc ... :)

He's not a good carpenter. All his houses have a tendency to lean to the left.

Forum List

Back