Thanksgiving - time to change the name?

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008
Hating Hatters
Thanksgiving is almost here once again, but should we be celebrating it? After all it glorifies a group of religious extremists swindling native Americans, neither a pretty prospect for celebration.

How about calling it Fall Harvest or Eat Like a Porker Day?

Why do people insist on acting like America is the only fuckin country on earth that invaded to establish themselves? It is completely irrational and ignorant.

And libs deny that there is a Culture War and wonder why we think them anti-american.
How is that anti-American? The pilgrims were not even Americans.

An iconic American holiday and you are attacking and slandering our ancestors who first celebrated it.

Do you consider yourself an American Patriot?

And libs deny that there is a Culture War and wonder why we think them anti-american.

An iconic American holiday and you are attacking and slandering our ancestors who first celebrated it.

Can't answer the question I see.

They may not have been Americans, but they were our ancestors and the first to celebrate what has become an iconic American holiday, and you are attacking them and the iconic American Holiday.

Hence, anti-american.

That is an answer.

They may not have been Americans, but they were our ancestors and the first to celebrate what has become an iconic American holiday, and you are attacking them and the iconic American Holiday.

Hence, anti-american.

That is an answer.

They aren't MY ancestors, nor were they anything but regressive religious fundamentalists, the very kind of people we wrote out of the constitution.

I'm quite sure I don't fit your definition of American Patriot.

Hence, anti-american.

That is an answer.

They aren't MY ancestors, nor were they anything but regressive religious fundamentalists, the very kind of people we wrote out of the constitution.

Are you saying we are a Christian Nation? :badgrin:

Hence, anti-american.

That is an answer.

Yes, that is true. But that doesn't matter in the context of the thread.

Hence, anti-american.

That is an answer.

Yes, that is true. But that doesn't matter in the context of the thread.
I just thought it was humorous. I don't agree with it at all. Neither do most of the lefties.
Maybe you are just more honest.. LOL

Hence, anti-american.

That is an answer.

Are you a recent immigrant? Because family trees tend to get pretty lose when you go back 300 years.

I specifically asked if YOU consider yourself an American Patriot.

That clearly implies by YOUR definition.

So, do you consider yourself an American Patriot.

Forum List

Back