Thanksgiving - time to change the name?

I don't hate it at all. Simply asking questions. Which you haven't even attempted to answer.

Why do we craft our holiday around fundamentalists that took advantage of Native Americans? Seems like a valid question to me.

these days the thanksgiving holiday is crafted around family and food that represents a unique American harvest.

it's nice to be thankful for life's bounty spent with loved ones...

maybe dwelling on fundamentalist origins is sort of like being stuck in a rut. ;)

He is just looking for an excuse to smear an American Tradition.

He is just looking for an excuse to smear an American Tradition.

rav is a woman who posed a simple question...

Really? DId you read the OP?

"After all it glorifies a group of religious extremists swindling native Americans, neither a pretty prospect for celebration.

How about calling it Fall Harvest or Eat Like a Porker Day?"

SHE is just looking for an excuse to smear an American Tradition.

I think that it should be left as it is.How can something be fixed if it isn't even broken in the first place?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. To me, what is sad if the fact that so many people don't even acknowledge the holiday in any way anymore because they are too focused on making sure that they are where they want to be on the next day.

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. I look forward the most to Thanksgiving every year. It's less pretentious than Christmas and the other holidays, IMO. It is truly a time for families to gather and be grateful for all of the good things we have in life, especially good food! :D

As far as changing the name, I don't see a need for all that. Most people associate Thanksgiving with what I said above, I think. I do think it is a horrible LIE that they tell children in school, including myself, though. I only found out the real truth about Thanksgiving as an adult, sad to say. :oops: Nothing like being lied to in your educational experience. :uhoh3:

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. I look forward the most to Thanksgiving every year. It's less pretentious than Christmas and the other holidays, IMO. It is truly a time for families to gather and be grateful for all of the good things we have in life, especially good food! :D

As far as changing the name, I don't see a need for all that. Most people associate Thanksgiving with what I said above, I think. I do think it is a horrible LIE that they tell children in school, including myself, though. I only found out the real truth about Thanksgiving as an adult, sad to say. :oops: Nothing like being lied to in your educational experience. :uhoh3:
It's called brainwashing.

Do you consider yourself an American Patriot?
Leftists despise patriotism, as they also despise America and it's traditions.

They are the self loathing, blame America for everything that is wrong, white male Christian hating, military hating, morality hating filth of the earth.

Thanksgiving is almost here once again, but should we be celebrating it? After all it glorifies a group of religious extremists swindling native Americans, neither a pretty prospect for celebration.

How about calling it Fall Harvest or Eat Like a Porker Day?

How about we leave Thanksgiving alone, because America can do without more of the PC bullshit! :cuckoo:

Thanksgiving is almost here once again, but should we be celebrating it? After all it glorifies a group of religious extremists swindling native Americans, neither a pretty prospect for celebration.

How about we leave Thanksgiving alone, because America can do without more of the PC bullshit! :cuckoo:

Well, it's called "Thanksgiving" and not "Slaughter the Native Americans Day," so I don't see how the name of this holiday is offensive. I see Thanksgiving as a time to spend with my friends and family and to eat good food! :D I do not really associate it with pilgrims or native Americans.

Well, it's called "Thanksgiving" and not "Slaughter the Native Americans Day," so I don't see how the name of this holiday is offensive. I see Thanksgiving as a time to spend with my friends and family and to eat good food! :D I do not really associate it with pilgrims or native Americans.

There isn't anything offensive about Thanksgiving, however some people nowadays seem to be so offended by nearly everything anymore they fail to see the entire point. :cuckoo:

Thanksgiving wasn't and isn't a holiday to remember the slaughter of an entire culture, it was a holiday to celebrate the bringing together of two cultures.

"Thanksgiving" is fine.
Why does it bother you so much?

There isn't anything offensive about Thanksgiving, however some people nowadays seem to be so offended by nearly everything anymore they fail to see the entire point. :cuckoo:

Thanksgiving wasn't and isn't a holiday to remember the slaughter of an entire culture, it was a holiday to celebrate the bringing together of two cultures.

Yeah, I think people need to lighten up a bit. What happened hundreds of years ago isn't really too relevant to the reasons why we celebrate the holiday today.

And libs deny that there is a Culture War and wonder why we think them anti-american.
How is that anti-American? The pilgrims were not even Americans.

An iconic American holiday and you are attacking and slandering our ancestors who first celebrated it.

It's another attempt by anti whites to "culturally cleanse" and revise history.

And libs deny that there is a Culture War and wonder why we think them anti-american.
How is that anti-American? The pilgrims were not even Americans.

An iconic American holiday and you are attacking and slandering our ancestors who first celebrated it.

It's another attempt by anti whites to "culturally cleanse" and revise history.

Well, the story we were taught in school isn't the actual story of Thanksgiving. Do you know what actually happened? Anyway, it is not why we celebrate the holiday today. It is really just a reason to get together with family and friends and eat some good food! :D It's my favorite holiday because, aside from the cooking (which I don't mind), it is pretty much stress free, unlike Christmas and other holidays.

Forum List

Back