Name change suggested for Christmas decoration due to slave owner origin

Actually, common names change all the time, which is why we don't have a "Jewfish" or a "Gypsy Moth" anymore.

Next time we have an outbreak of the latter, here in California, or elsewhere in the country, you're not going to hear anyone except a bunch of irrelevant pussies talking about the latest “spongy moth” infestation, It's going to be called by the name by which everyone knows it, Gypsy moth.

Next time we have an outbreak of the latter, here in California, or elsewhere in the country, you're not going to hear anyone except a bunch of irrelevant pussies talking about the latest “spongy moth” infestation, It's going to be called by the name by which everyone knows it, Gypsy moth.

You know, there's something called a "Mormon Cricket".

1703619810951.png

I guess they go door to door in pairs and ask people if they have heard about another Testament of Jiminy.

1703619834117.png

View attachment 879021

I guess they go door to door in pairs and ask people if they have heard about another Testament of Jiminy.

View attachment 879022

Are you expecting me to agree that it is offensive to those of my faith to have an insect named after us, and to agree that that insect should be renamed?

Then there's the ephedra plant, known as “Mormon Tea”. And there was a ghost town, called “Mormon Island”, not far from where I now live, but it was mostly destroyed a long time ago, and what remained of it is now under Folsom Lake, created by the Folsom dam in the 1950s.

POINSETTIA, THE POPULAR HOLIDAY PLANT NAMED AFTER A SLAVEHOLDER, MAY BE UNDERGOING A NAME CHANGE​

GettyImages-1797114488-compress.jpg

Poinsettia, the bright red flower that is usually associated with the holiday season, is causing controversy as people learn about the origin of its name.

According to the Associated Press, the plant is named after Joel Roberts Poinsett, a slaveholder from the 1800s who was also part of an army that removed Native Americans from their land.

Historian Lindsay Schakenbach Regele, author of Flowers, Guns and Money, wrote about how Poinsett terrorized Native Americans.

“Because Poinsett belonged to learned societies, contributed to botanists’ collections, and purchased art from Europe, he could more readily justify the expulsion of Natives from their homes,” Regele wrote.

The mental illness intensifies.

Really expected this to be a parody article.....Nope.....Truth is sadder than fiction anymore.

The people who make a issue out of this stuff must be unimaginably sad and lonely.
smiley_thinking.gif

What's next, talk of banning Cotton? ;)
/---/ So, liberals who don't believe in God, want to rename a Christmas plant. Like the attack on Chick-fil-a on the NY Thruway, this is another attack on Christianity.

/---/ So, liberals who don't believe in God, want to rename a Christmas plant. Like the attack on Chick-fil-a on the NY Thruway, this is another attack on Christianity.

Joe, and the American left hate Christians, and love Muslim jihadists who vow to destroy America and the west.

Forum List

Back