Name change suggested for Christmas decoration due to slave owner origin

...and your stupid deranged wokeism just makes you look like a clown.

The army just renamed a bunch of bases to remove names of Confederate Assholes, including two I trained at during my career. (I guess I'm going to have to learn the new names.)

Not honoring racists and slaveowners and traitors is a good first step.

1703514291415.png

POINSETTIA, THE POPULAR HOLIDAY PLANT NAMED AFTER A SLAVEHOLDER, MAY BE UNDERGOING A NAME CHANGE​

GettyImages-1797114488-compress.jpg

Poinsettia, the bright red flower that is usually associated with the holiday season, is causing controversy as people learn about the origin of its name.

According to the Associated Press, the plant is named after Joel Roberts Poinsett, a slaveholder from the 1800s who was also part of an army that removed Native Americans from their land.

Historian Lindsay Schakenbach Regele, author of Flowers, Guns and Money, wrote about how Poinsett terrorized Native Americans.

“Because Poinsett belonged to learned societies, contributed to botanists’ collections, and purchased art from Europe, he could more readily justify the expulsion of Natives from their homes,” Regele wrote.

The mental illness intensifies.

Really expected this to be a parody article.....Nope.....Truth is sadder than fiction anymore.

The people who make a issue out of this stuff must be unimaginably sad and lonely.
smiley_thinking.gif

What's next, talk of banning Cotton? ;)
Pre Obama: A mind is a terrible thing to waste. — UNCF, 1972

Post Obama: A mind is a terrible thing. Math is racist. —White Progressive Plantation Owners, 2023

Last edited:
The army just renamed a bunch of bases to remove names of Confederate Assholes, including two I trained at during my career. (I guess I'm going to have to learn the new names.)

Not honoring racists and slaveowners and traitors is a good first step.

View attachment 878450
It must really suck to be a stupid sicko Moon Bat like you that is full of hate and obsessed with the destruction of history.

All you Leftest turds love to destroy history that is not woke enough for your mentally disturbed minds, don't you? American Taliban. You must be very proud.

Last edited:
Why is your cat all trussed-up like that?

It's a harness we make him wear, when he goes outside. It has a tag on it that identifies him. His “sister”, Allie, has a similar harness, with a similar tag, though hers is pink, and much more dainty.

Buddy is a former stray, having lived as such around my apartment complex for several years before, in early 2022, he decided he was my wife's and my cat. The story that has come out about him is that apparently he formerly belonged to some woman who decided she didn't want him any more, and just kicked him out of her home, apparently some time around 2016 or so. Another woman who works here, and on top of her official duties, takes care of the stray cat population, says that this cat's former owner claimed to have taken him to a shelter, but that was very obviously a lie. He started hanging out with my wife and me in our apartment in April of 2022, and within a month or two, he was staying with us pretty much full time. At the end of March 2023, we made it official; got him chipped and registered to us.

Until recently, he insisted on being allowed out every day, usually being gone for a few hours before he returns. My wife and I assume that he has other friends among the other residents of this complex, and that he would visit them when he is out. His tag has a TINYURL on it, leading to a Facebook group that I set up hoping to get in touch with his other friends. Of a dozen people who have joined this group, only two or three are locals. I guess he's attracted something of a small following online, from non-locals.

Allie, we got from a shelter, when she was said to be thirteen months old. Her story, is that she had been adopted out of that shelter a year before, as a kitten, by a family that a year later found themselves in a situation where they could not keep her, so they returned her to the same shelter, where we got her, over Thanksgiving weekend of 2011, just a few days after her predecessor passed away. We also make Allie wear her harness when she goes out, but she doesn't often want out, and when she does go out, she rarely stays out very long or goes very far. Unlike Buddy, she has never known any other life than as a pampered housecat.

When will libs insist on changing the name of the holiday itself? Christmas is named after Almighty God, well known for His destruction of the LGBTQ+ community in Sodom. Should libs be insisting on changing the name as not to upset the homo community?

My cat is very suspicious of purported goodwill from a known psychopath.

Your cat lives with you, it must be horrified, if you are half as crazy as you come off on this board.

It must really suck to be a stupid sicko Moon Bat like you that is full of hate and obsessed with the destruction of history.

All you Leftest turds love to destroy history that is not woke enough for your mentally disturbed minds, don't you? American Taliban. You must be very proud.

How is taking down a statue of a mass murderer destroying history?

The problem is that Columbus' story is a lie. He didn't prove the world was round (everyone already knew it was), he didn't "discover" America (the people living there already knew it was there). What he did do was inflict massive genocide on the new lands he encountered. He doesn't deserve a statue.

Actually, they could go back to naming it "The Mexican Flame Flower," which is what they called it before they called it a Poinsettia.
Or maybe you sniveling shitlibs could just STFU for once, and leave things be.
Poinsett was kind of a bastard.

Poinsett served as Secretary of War from March 7, 1837, to March 5, 1841, overseeing the Trail of Tears, and presided over the continuing suppression of Native American raids by removal of Indians west of the Mississippi and over the Seminole War; reduced the fragmentation of the army by concentrating elements at central locations; equipped the light batteries of artillery regiments as authorized by the 1821 army organization act; and again retired to his plantation at Georgetown, South

GoFish.jpg

Your cat lives with you, it must be horrified, if you are half as crazy as you come off on this board.

How is taking down a statue of a mass murderer destroying history?

The problem is that Columbus' story is a lie. He didn't prove the world was round (everyone already knew it was), he didn't "discover" America (the people living there already knew it was there). What he did do was inflict massive genocide on the new lands he encountered. He doesn't deserve a statue.
67e547da683b8e0580012cfcc6c0eed318156ad7040c76fb11213517152bceb8_1.jpg

Or maybe you sniveling shitlibs could just STFU for once, and leave things be.

View attachment 878481
Reminds me of the name change of Lake Calhoun in south Mpls. It is now Bde Maka Ska. Until the recent outrage of Vice President Calhoun supporting slavery, not a single person even knew who he was or even cared where the name came from. Much like they don't give a thought to the many other lakes with French and Indigenous names.
The local media Fox 9 now does a story literally every day on the shore of the lake to pound the name for the sake of their fake virtue, despite the fact there are 15,000 other lakes in the state.

Oh. The DNR decided also to call the Asian Carp the Invasive Carp, because some white fool decided the term Asian was racist, despite the fact the damn fish came from Asia.

I wonder when the Black Bear gets renamed.

Reminds me of the name change of Lake Calhoun in south Mpls. It is now Bde Maka Ska. Until the recent outrage of Vice President Calhoun supporting slavery, not a single person even knew who he was or even cared where the name came from. Much like they don't give a thought to the many other lakes with French and Indigenous names.
The local media Fox 9 now does a story literally every day on the shore of the lake to pound the name for the sake of their fake virtue, despite the fact there are 15,000 other lakes in the state.

Oh. The DNR decided also to call the Asian Carp the Invasive Carp, because some white fool decided the term Asian was racist, despite the fact the damn fish came from Asia.

I wonder when the Black Bear gets renamed.
I still call it Calhoun when talking about where I grew up, and everyone knows where that is....Haven't ever been "corrected" on the name either.

Quit watching Fox 9 "news" at least a decade ago....Has always looked like estrogen overdose news to me.

I still call it Calhoun when talking about where I grew up, and everyone knows where that is....Haven't ever been "corrected" on the name either.

Quit watching Fox 9 "news" at least a decade ago....Has always looked like estrogen overdose news to me.
KARE 11 is even worse with the virtue signaling crap.
The irony being that the fake plastic talking heads live in the exclusive Minnetonka and Plymouth areas, and wouldn't put up with the tent cities sprouting up in Mpls. or be visiting the poor areas they claim to care about.

POINSETTIA, THE POPULAR HOLIDAY PLANT NAMED AFTER A SLAVEHOLDER, MAY BE UNDERGOING A NAME CHANGE​

GettyImages-1797114488-compress.jpg

Poinsettia, the bright red flower that is usually associated with the holiday season, is causing controversy as people learn about the origin of its name.

According to the Associated Press, the plant is named after Joel Roberts Poinsett, a slaveholder from the 1800s who was also part of an army that removed Native Americans from their land.

Historian Lindsay Schakenbach Regele, author of Flowers, Guns and Money, wrote about how Poinsett terrorized Native Americans.

“Because Poinsett belonged to learned societies, contributed to botanists’ collections, and purchased art from Europe, he could more readily justify the expulsion of Natives from their homes,” Regele wrote.

The mental illness intensifies.

Really expected this to be a parody article.....Nope.....Truth is sadder than fiction anymore.

The people who make a issue out of this stuff must be unimaginably sad and lonely.
smiley_thinking.gif

What's next, talk of banning Cotton? ;)
You can trust everything you read from, Blavity
Buddy is my cat. One of them, anyway. And if he could speak in human language, he would never call that plant by any name other than Poinsettia. As it is, he can only call it “meow”. But then, that's what he calls everything.

View attachment 878442
Your cat told me that you need to shut up you don't speak for the kitty.

Forum List

Back