Students' taunts reduce bus aide to tears

Middle school aged humans are the most vile creatures on Earth.

Well, about 2% of them really are.

However, they are kids, and having taught middle school, I don't have to watch the video.

The only surprise is the age of the bus driver: 68! WTF? Only Vietnam veterans applied for the job?

Dealing with these kids ain't a job for the weak and infirm: They smelled the blood in the water, and I cannot imagine why she was hired.

Ain't that the truth. Part of my success is making the students believe that I will hurt them. But I teach 11th and 12th graders. I would have already been thrown in jail if I was at our middle school feeder.

And people wonder why teachers become irate when the lack of learning is heaped in their laps?

Part of the problem is the kids know nothing can or will be done to them.

Anyone seriously considering going into teaching should be forced to have a full psychiatric evaluation. If the results show sanity exists, they should be directed to a new profession as soon as possible.

I wouldn't have cried, I've been called vile things by middle school aged kids.

But the next day every single one of them would get called into the office and get to deal with it there. Hopefully these kids are being disciplined by the school. Nasty little turds. You have to be creative when you deal with them, or you'll go down. I don't think Granny was up for it. You have to outmanipulate the monsters, and you can't do that by whimpering "if you can't say anything nice..."

At the very least, every brat involved should be banned from riding the bus for the school year. Let the parents deal with their nasty spawn.

Perfect punishment, plus a public apology. There is absolutely no excuse for their behavior.
Next year let the parents handle getting the brats to school on time.

I'd love to see a follow up but I'm pretty certain that the school will claim "student confidentiality" and we will learn nothing about how this turns out.

She does not want to press criminal charges.

Suspension from the bus for a year would be an excellent punishment, but my guess is that would never happen. Students who abuse the drivers in our district get their own bus. I kid you not.

I taught a group of disaffected youth one year who made a game out of how many bus drivers they could get to quit or get fired. I believe they went through eight in one year.

Unfortunately, this kind of behavior is not uncommon. Cameras on the busses should be mandatory.

Another reason why charter schools rock.

I can't even imagine if this had happened in the last school my kids were in. But the fall out for the kids would have been severe.

But then again, only about 2 kids on a bus at a time, little different scenario...

Kids don't have empathy, they don't have any sympathy for others and can be quite cruel, which is why warlords recruit them as child soldiers in Africa.

VERY astute of you. Yes, this is exactly why they are recruited as child soldiers and why the cartels are recruiting them too.

Chldren revel is mindless cruelty.

The driver should have pulled over, the driver and the monitor gotten out. Locked up the bus and left.

My oldest daughter of a friend used a family action for teenage daughters who just can't behave and get along.

She let her daughter spend a 30-day lock down in a psychiatric hospital for teenage girls who just wont' get it.

The week before the time ended, Mom told Daughter, "If you live in my house, you follow the rules and your be nice about it. If you can't, we will find a place like those for you for a year. We won't yell, we won't hit, but you will follow the rules. End of discussion. What do you want to do?"

My oldest daughter of a friend used a family action for teenage daughters who just can't behave and get along.

She let her daughter spend a 30-day lock down in a psychiatric hospital for teenage girls who just wont' get it.

The week before the time ended, Mom told Daughter, "If you live in my house, you follow the rules and your be nice about it. If you can't, we will find a place like those for you for a year. We won't yell, we won't hit, but you will follow the rules. End of discussion. What do you want to do?"

And the girl is set to be released when?

Last edited:
Just put a Plexiglass shield between the driver and students that has a locking door that can be opened before and after transport.

Adn the girl is set to be released when?

She agreed to come home and obey the rules, work to graduate from HS, and then blow town later. She did, graduated, joined the Army, married, has two kids, and leaves across and down the street from her dad and mom.

The point is simple: teenagers do not rule the world.

Public whippings would fit, for the foul-mouthed students and their parents. They only mimic what they see and hear at home. I doubt anyone would try that again in that area.

I offended a parent one time with--if my kid acted like that I'd keep him hidden. It would be too humiliating to let him/her out the front door in the morning.

Of course, it wasn't appreciated.

The little bastards should be caned!!!

Adn the girl is set to be released when?

She agreed to come home and obey the rules, work to graduate from HS, and then blow town later. She did, graduated, joined the Army, married, has two kids, and leaves across and down the street from her dad and mom.

The point is simple: teenagers do not rule the world.

Good for her. Tough love works, most of the time.

And as for teenagers, I've had three. Pretty sure that's why I don't like kids now...

Well, about 2% of them really are.

However, they are kids, and having taught middle school, I don't have to watch the video.

The only surprise is the age of the bus driver: 68! WTF? Only Vietnam veterans applied for the job?

Dealing with these kids ain't a job for the weak and infirm: They smelled the blood in the water, and I cannot imagine why she was hired.

I believe the article mentioned that the bus monitor was a retired bus driver.

And people wonder why teachers become irate when the lack of learning is heaped in their laps?

Part of the problem is the kids know nothing can or will be done to them.

Anyone seriously considering going into teaching should be forced to have a full psychiatric evaluation. If the results show sanity exists, they should be directed to a new profession as soon as possible.

This is why I teach at the University.

What this story fails to mention and conveniently omits is that Klein is the one who started it.

Moreover, if she's deaf how did she hear anything?

Any decent attorney could drive a bus through the holes in this story.

You want to post something to prove your claim?

My father in law is hard of hearing but if you yell it, he will hear it. Some deaf people can read lips.

If my child were involved, he/she'd be making some pretty heavy duty restitution, and not just some half ass*d apology. He'd be down there at her house once a week mowing her lawn and weeding her garden. He'd be doing community service in a nursing home, and then, I'd let his grandparents have at him. (if my kid was still that young and my parents were still alive anyway)

:clap2:

Still looking forward to a response, but not holding my breath.

Forum List

Back