Transportation Disaster in KY: Kids Get Off School Bus at 10 PM!

SweetSue92

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2018
USA
I've seen some trainwrecks in school districts, but this one might take the cake. When you have school dismissing at approx. 4 PM and kids are still on the bus at TEN...whoa.

At any rate, the schools in Jefferson Co KY were closed both yesterday and today to attempt to rectify the situation. TBH I'm not sure two days, plus a weekend, is enough to do this. But best wishes at any rate--what a nightmare!

Jefferson County Public Schools has canceled classes for the remainder of the week amid a bus "disaster."

The district of 96, 000 kids scattered school start times and changed bus routes this year to try and prevent bus issues. They worked on the plan for months.

But on Wednesday, the first day of school, the last student didn't get dropped off until 9:58 p.m. Parents said some children were dropped off in the wrong place.

While they work to fix some issues, the district decided to call of school for Thursday and Friday.

Dem county....My surprised face. 😐

PRESIDENT AND VICE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES

Donald J. TRUMP..............................150,646
Joseph R. BIDEN..............................228,358
Jo JORGENSEN...................................4,782
Kanye WEST.....................................1,660
Brock PIERCE.....................................749

UNITED STATES SENATOR

Mitch McCONNELL..............................145,547
Amy McGRATH..................................230,750
Brad BARRON...................................10,763

Dem county....My surprised face. 😐

PRESIDENT AND VICE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES

Donald J. TRUMP..............................150,646
Joseph R. BIDEN..............................228,358
Jo JORGENSEN...................................4,782
Kanye WEST.....................................1,660
Brock PIERCE.....................................749

UNITED STATES SENATOR

Mitch McCONNELL..............................145,547
Amy McGRATH..................................230,750
Brad BARRON...................................10,763
I am afraid that neither the president of the US nor the governor of Kentucky or the state senator controls the buses for school kids.

I am afraid that neither the president of the US nor the governor of Kentucky or the state senator controls the buses for school kids.
It shows how stupid the people are there. And you. It also showed how stupid you are.

The governor of Kentucky IS responsible for the schools there, dumbass!

Tell parents to get off their lazy asses and pick up their damn kids from school.

I do wonder what the "parents rights" folks here have to say about this, honestly. Do we own the kids? Nope. So why do we have to ensure their ride to school, at taxpayer expense?

(arguing from their worldview)

In my state, school-provided transportation is not even state law. Most do it, but it's not law.

I do wonder what the "parents rights" folks here have to say about this, honestly. Do we own the kids? Nope. So why do we have to ensure their ride to school, at taxpayer expense?

(arguing from their worldview)

In my state, school-provided transportation is not even state law. Most do it, but it's not law.

Do explain the downvote Missourian

It could not be that you expect all the benefits of a big fat bloated federal govt without paying for it yourself....could it?

What roll?

Danish? Cinnamon? Wheat? White?

And my district--which has employed me for 30 years, given me awards and made me a mentor teacher--disagrees.
Great. People who think like you reward you for thinking like them.

Wonderful.

You have forgotten that you work for the parents.

The government is BY the people, FOR the people.

Learn to live with it.

I drive a truck.

I have a load of whatever...beans let's say.

I'm in charge of the welfare of those beans while they are in my charge.

If someone attempts to steal the beans, poison the beans, molest the beans... I'm responsible to do my best to keeping that from happening. And if any of those things happen...it's my responsibility to report that to those for whom I am transporting those beans...and the authorities if it is a legal matter.

I also don't get to choose what those beans are made into. That's not up to me. I can't make them into Red Beans and Rice or Refried Beans, unless that is what I'm directed to do by those that have the authority to make those decisions.

That isn't me...and it isn't you... and it isn't the government.

But like you...I have a choice.

If I don't like the situation...I don't haul the beans.

You have forgotten your role.

Last edited:
Great. People who think like you reward you for thinking like them.

Wonderful.

You have forgotten that you work for the parents.

The government is BY the people, FOR the people.

Learn to live with it.

I drive a truck.

I have a load of whatever...beans let's say.

I'm in charge of the welfare of those beans while they are in my charge.

If someone attempts to steal the beans, poison the beans, molest the beans... I'm responsible to do my best to keeping that from happening. And if any of those things happen...it's my responsibility to report that to those for whom I am transporting those beans...and the authorities if it is a legal matter.

I also don't get to choose what those beans are made into. That's not up to me. I can't make them into Red Beans and Rice or Refried Beans, unless that is what I'm directed to do by those that have the authority to make those decisions.

That isn't me...and it isn't you... and it isn't the government.

But like you...I have a choice.

If I don't like the situation...I don't haul the beans.

You have forgotten your role.

Shall I play your game, and shame you and meltdown for comparing children to BEANS?

Oh but wait....I'm not a snowflake, I'm not easily offended, so I won't. Moving on:

Out of one side of your mouth you say I "don't respect parent's rights" but also, that I am wholly responsible for basically whatever happens to "the beans", even up to an including hearsay about what happened to the beans outside of school time and grounds.

So which is it?

I'm wholly responsible, or the parents are?

Forum List

Back