Stop telling Teachers to Confiscate Kids' Cell Phones/Electronics. It is a dangerous and ineffective practice

I have a Red Light/Green Light device (my own creation) on my desk. When the light is green, the students may use their laptops while working on an activity. When it is red, they may not. They are NEVER allowed to use cellphones.
Reminds me of a Japanese restaurant in Osaka that had a small light on a table ornament. If you needed service, you turned it on and the hostess would send a waitperson to your table immediately.

Cell phones in the hands of immature children are nothing but trouble in the classroom.

If they don't learn, when young and in school, to manage cell phones and achieve a balance between productive use and detrimental distraction, then they will grow up to be workers who will allow cell phones to create issues in the workplace similar to what they can create in a classroom. It can be worse, then. Back to my observation (which I had actually seen multiple times) of an idiot paying attention to his cell phone instead of to where he is driving an eighteen-thousand-pound-GVWR forklift.

If they don't learn, when young and in school, to manage cell phones and achieve a balance between productive use and detrimental distraction, then they will grow up to be workers who will allow cell phones to create issues in the workplace similar to what they can create in a classroom. It can be worse, then. Back to my observation (which I had actually seen multiple times) of an idiot paying attention to his cell phone instead of to where he is driving an eighteen-thousand-pound-GVWR forklift.
Inattentiveness is a puzzling phenomenon that I have never understood. How is it even possible for someone to not pay attention to what they are doing. (Picture head-scratching emoji.)

Ignorant bullshit ^^^^^^.

Reminds me of a Japanese restaurant in Osaka that had a small light on a table ornament. If you needed service, you turned it on and the hostess would send a waitperson to your table immediately.
A lot of great places to eat in Osaka.

1694285053432.png

Inattentiveness is a puzzling phenomenon that I have never understood. How is it even possible for someone to not pay attention to what they are doing. (Picture head-scratching emoji.)

It's not so puzzling to me.

I know that I, myself, can sometimes be easily distracted, at times when it is very important for me to avoid being distracted.

Now I have never been nearly stupid enough to be paying attention to my cell phone instead of to where I am driving a vehicle, or to whatever other potentially dangerous activity I might be engaged, but I have certainly seen others many times doing so.

Apparently, the dripping shit guy either doesn't believe me when I claim that I have, on multiple occasions, seen idiots driving forklifts while paying attention to their phones instead of to where they are going; or else he thinks that it is “ignorant bullshit” for me to think that there's anything wrong with that.

That's what Thomas Alva Edison's teacher thought of him, so his mom took him out of that school and home schooled the genius of a young man who would go on in life to light up the world as his gift and legacy to his fellow man, having invented the incandescent light bulb. She was a good mother who taught her very brilliant son to be a veritable blessing to the world.

1694287294444.jpeg

Last edited:
A lot of great food in Korea as well.
I ate a lot of bulgogi and yakimondis (spelling), an egg roll thing filled with meat and rice with a crisp rice flour wrap. Both dishes cost 35 cents back then. Curiously I can't find this food item in any of the Korean dish resources. I was invited to my houseboy's wedding and sampled many dishes but don't know the names of any. One was an octopus dish which I tried out of curiosity, rubbery with no taste. Also spent New Years Eve in Seoul with a bunch of G.I. buddies and some Red Cross gals where we enjoyed a multi-course meal of traditional Korean cuisine. Great food, horrible country.

Last edited:
I ate a lot of bulgogi and yakimondis (spelling), an egg roll thing filled with meat and rice with a crisp rice flour wrap. Both dishes cost 35 cents back then. Curiously I can't find this food item in any of the Korean dish resources. I was invited to my houseboy's wedding and sampled many dishes but don't know the names of any. One was an octopus dish which I tried out of curiosity, rubbery with no taste. Also spent New Years Eve in Seoul with a bunch of G.I. buddies and some Red Cross gals where we enjoyed a multi-course meal of traditional Korean cuisine. Great food, horrible country.
"Horrible country"? SOUTH Korea?

Now I have never been nearly stupid enough to be paying attention to my cell phone instead of to where I am driving a vehicle, or to whatever other potentially dangerous activity I might be engaged, but I have certainly seen others many times doing so.

So, should driving schools allow students to use their cellphones while practicing for the road test or not?

"Horrible country"? SOUTH Korea?
I was there in 1963-64. They were still recovering from the conflict, lots of poverty, searching for identity in the post conflict world, still very fearful of the North. Of course, it's a changed county now.

Ban phones from schools. Fine the parents each time their kid takes a phone to school, 3 strikes and they're kicked out.

Kids have never needed phones in school, we all survived and we're probably better off for it too.
You obviously are unfamiliar with our procedures here in the US. Why not quiet down so the Americans can discuss the issue?

Forum List

Back