Students' taunts reduce bus aide to tears

At the very least, every brat involved should be banned from riding the bus for the school year. Let the parents deal with their nasty spawn.

Perfect punishment, plus a public apology. There is absolutely no excuse for their behavior.
Next year let the parents handle getting the brats to school on time.

Oh, definitely the public apology. It would be cool too, if they could be "sentenced" to do yard work or some other useful service for this elderly lady, or some other seniors.

Students were caught on camera terrorizing and harassing a school bus aide, reducing the 68-year-old woman to tears as she bravely withstood their verbal assault.

The ten-minute video was taken on a bus carrying Greece Middle School students and shows the kids saying vile things to Karen Klein, a bus driver who retired to become a bus aide because her hearing was failing.

"What's your address so I can come piss all over your door?" said one student.

Another said to Klein, "How about I bring my [swear word] knife and cut you?"

The 68-year-old grandmother of eight tried to get them stop, telling the students, "Unless you have something nice to say, don't say anything at all."

To which one student responded, "How about you shut the [swear word] up?"

"Something about me being so fat and ugly your kids should probably commit suicide," recalled Klein. "I don't think they knew that my son had."

The school district has brought in police to investigate.

Students reduce bus aide to tears | WIVB.com

Appropriate punishment?

My Mom had a way of dealing with that type of disrespect; it was called the belt. Doing something like that would have been out of the question cause I knew what the consequences would be.

My oldest daughter of a friend used a family action for teenage daughters who just can't behave and get along.

She let her daughter spend a 30-day lock down in a psychiatric hospital for teenage girls who just wont' get it.

The week before the time ended, Mom told Daughter, "If you live in my house, you follow the rules and your be nice about it. If you can't, we will find a place like those for you for a year. We won't yell, we won't hit, but you will follow the rules. End of discussion. What do you want to do?"

That sounds like a pretty suitable solution, if such facilities are available...and not already full.

Students were caught on camera terrorizing and harassing a school bus aide, reducing the 68-year-old woman to tears as she bravely withstood their verbal assault.

The ten-minute video was taken on a bus carrying Greece Middle School students and shows the kids saying vile things to Karen Klein, a bus driver who retired to become a bus aide because her hearing was failing.

"What's your address so I can come piss all over your door?" said one student.

Another said to Klein, "How about I bring my [swear word] knife and cut you?"

The 68-year-old grandmother of eight tried to get them stop, telling the students, "Unless you have something nice to say, don't say anything at all."

To which one student responded, "How about you shut the [swear word] up?"

"Something about me being so fat and ugly your kids should probably commit suicide," recalled Klein. "I don't think they knew that my son had."

The school district has brought in police to investigate.

Students reduce bus aide to tears | WIVB.com

Appropriate punishment?

My Mom had a way of dealing with that type of disrespect; it was called the belt. Doing something like that would have been out of the question cause I knew what the consequences would be.

My Mom dealt with bad behavior by invoking my Dad, and his belt. The legendary, "wait until your father gets home". She'd get after us, too. But you surely did not want to wait until Dad got home. Shit, you take a belt to a hoodlum like these animals on the bus, you'll wind up in jail, nowadays. It was certainly effective for securing decent behavior in our generation, though!

My Mom dealt with bad behavior by invoking my Dad, and his belt. The legendary, "wait until your father gets home". She'd get after us, too. But you surely did not want to wait until Dad got home. Shit, you take a belt to a hoodlum like these animals on the bus, you'll wind up in jail, nowadays. It was certainly effective for securing decent behavior in our generation, though!

Yup I know it's not PC to spank, but take into consideration the difference of the behavior of the children in the last 35 years. In my day spanking kept 90% of the kids in line. Only the undisciplined and the worst of the worst were a problem. Now forget it, a pack of wolves would be more polite than this generation. Adults If your kid acts like that your failing them as parents.

BTW My Dad didn't live with us but when Mom said "Wait til I tell your Father about this" I shook in my shoes.

Last edited:
At the very least, every brat involved should be banned from riding the bus for the school year. Let the parents deal with their nasty spawn.

Perfect punishment, plus a public apology. There is absolutely no excuse for their behavior.
Next year let the parents handle getting the brats to school on time.

Oh, definitely the public apology. It would be cool too, if they could be "sentenced" to do yard work or some other useful service for this elderly lady, or some other seniors.

There was a wonderful thing in the middle ages called "The Stocks".

Stocks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

image-2-for-gallery-pictures-of-the-month-june-gallery-442162249.jpg

What this story fails to mention and conveniently omits is that Klein is the one who started it.

Moreover, if she's deaf how did she hear anything?

Any decent attorney could drive a bus through the holes in this story.

The story does have some contradictions, and the driver has raised 80 grand, though she did NOT report the outrageous behavior to the school authorities. A bit fishy; IF true: 19 days JUVENILE DETENTION CENTER, that'll calm the foul mouth cruds down.

Middle school aged humans are the most vile creatures on Earth.

Well, about 2% of them really are.

However, they are kids, and having taught middle school, I don't have to watch the video.

The only surprise is the age of the bus driver: 68! WTF? Only Vietnam veterans applied for the job?

Dealing with these kids ain't a job for the weak and infirm: They smelled the blood in the water, and I cannot imagine why she was hired.

I believe the article mentioned that the bus monitor was a retired bus driver.

Yep, you're correct.

I don't even know WTF a "bus monitor" is.

My guess would be they would be responsible for discipline on a school bus full of retrobates: Given this job description, then I cannot imagine a qualified 68 year old woman.

Well, about 2% of them really are.

However, they are kids, and having taught middle school, I don't have to watch the video.

The only surprise is the age of the bus driver: 68! WTF? Only Vietnam veterans applied for the job?

Dealing with these kids ain't a job for the weak and infirm: They smelled the blood in the water, and I cannot imagine why she was hired.

Yep, you're correct.

My guess would be they would be responsible for discipline on a school bus full of retrobates: Given this job description, then I cannot imagine a qualified 68 year old woman.

Not unless she was also a retired Navy Seal, or Army Special Forces...

Her last name is Klein?

I didn't listen or watch the video, but the photo shows her behind the wheel. What difference does her last name make? CORRECTION, she is clutching the seat, what did the driver DO?

Last edited:

Yep, you're correct.

Indeed.

I was the team leader for a dozen 8th grade teachers in a Title I middle school that had a 99% minority population, and even I wore a costume to school consisting of an entirely black wardrobe of shoes, socks, ties, shirts, and pants. Also, instead of the pussy little ID badge holder I was issued, I attached my ID to a heavy gague black chain and wore it around my neck. Much more fragile first year teachers on the team would actually leave their classrooms in TEARS because of taunting, and I'd take over for them because I could leave my classroom filled with students who were very well behaved. Why?

NOT because I was only physically intimidating, but also because I had a very rigorous and consistant policy toward discipline. I would create enough documentation on anyone to put them one step away from being suspended BEFORE Christmas.

Yep, you're correct.

Indeed.

I was the team leader for a dozen 8th grade teachers in a Title I middle school that had a 99% minority population, and even I wore a costume to school consisting of an entirely black wardrobe of shoes, socks, ties, shirts, and pants. Also, instead of the pussy little ID badge holder I was issued, I attached my ID to a heavy gague black chain and wore it around my neck. Much more fragile first year teachers on the team would actually leave their classrooms in TEARS because of taunting, and I'd take over for them because I could leave my classroom filled with students who were very well behaved. Why?

NOT because I was only physically intimidating, but also because I had a very rigorous and consistant policy toward discipline. I would create enough documentation on anyone to put them one step away from being suspended BEFORE Christmas.

One of my brothers teaches middle school. He's survived 27 years so far. He's got some very creative, and pretty funny, methods of dealing with the peculiarities inherent in that population. Me, I'd have trouble not killing the parents who complained I was being "mean" to their little fuck-trophies.

Indeed.

One of my brothers teaches middle school. He's survived 27 years so far. He's got some very creative, and pretty funny, methods of dealing with the peculiarities inherent in that population. Me, I'd have trouble not killing the parents who complained I was being "mean" to their little fuck-trophies.

Yes I imagine 27 years of teaching MS would be interesting.

My method was to bury everyone with so much fucking documentation that my subjectivity was never questioned.

Bureaucracy can be your friend.

:eusa_eh:

I believe that may be the Army Motto.

Forum List

Back