Students' taunts reduce bus aide to tears

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
Students were caught on camera terrorizing and harassing a school bus aide, reducing the 68-year-old woman to tears as she bravely withstood their verbal assault.

The ten-minute video was taken on a bus carrying Greece Middle School students and shows the kids saying vile things to Karen Klein, a bus driver who retired to become a bus aide because her hearing was failing.

"What's your address so I can come piss all over your door?" said one student.

Another said to Klein, "How about I bring my [swear word] knife and cut you?"

The 68-year-old grandmother of eight tried to get them stop, telling the students, "Unless you have something nice to say, don't say anything at all."

To which one student responded, "How about you shut the [swear word] up?"

"Something about me being so fat and ugly your kids should probably commit suicide," recalled Klein. "I don't think they knew that my son had."

The school district has brought in police to investigate.

Students reduce bus aide to tears | WIVB.com

Appropriate punishment?

Public whippings would fit, for the foul-mouthed students and their parents. They only mimic what they see and hear at home. I doubt anyone would try that again in that area.

I offended a parent one time with--if my kid acted like that I'd keep him hidden. It would be too humiliating to let him/her out the front door in the morning.

Of course, it wasn't appreciated.

omg.....i cannot believe the behavior of kids nowdays......my son has a 14 yr old girl that is in his climbing camp...she has been so rude and refused to follow safety guidelines that the company talked to the mother......she told them she had heard this from every camp she put the girl in...

they should be tossed off the bus..when my son was in school....if he pissed off the driver...she would just tell him he was off the bus for 3 days.....so i had to take him.....that ended that problem...

what the hell became of yanking a kid up and beating the ever loving piss outta them?

Listening to the "kids" and seeing the monitor, the kids are black, she is white, she had it coming. Nothing will be done to the children and she will undoubtably lose her job.

What this story fails to mention and conveniently omits is that Klein is the one who started it.

Moreover, if she's deaf how did she hear anything?

Any decent attorney could drive a bus through the holes in this story.

Public whippings would fit, for the foul-mouthed students and their parents. They only mimic what they see and hear at home. I doubt anyone would try that again in that area.

I offended a parent one time with--if my kid acted like that I'd keep him hidden. It would be too humiliating to let him/her out the front door in the morning.

I can understand that. The worst I got was "if you spanked him more often, wouldn't he act more normal?" I have two autistic kids, and this was from one of my best friends. I can't believe the thoughtlessness of some people. Whats more, he has a special needs sister. You'd think he would have understood, you can't spank autism out of a child.

I can understand that. The worst I got was "if you spanked him more often, wouldn't he act more normal?" I have two autistic kids, and this was from one of my best friends. I can't believe the thoughtlessness of some people. Whats more, he has a special needs sister. You'd think he would have understood, you can't spank autism out of a child.

Even if these were short bus kids, if they cannot behave any more civilly than this, they should be removed from social situations they are obviously incapable of dealing with.

What this story fails to mention and conveniently omits is that Klein is the one who started it.

Moreover, if she's deaf how did she hear anything?

Any decent attorney could drive a bus through the holes in this story.

You want to post something to prove your claim?

My father in law is hard of hearing but if you yell it, he will hear it. Some deaf people can read lips.

If my child were involved, he/she'd be making some pretty heavy duty restitution, and not just some half ass*d apology. He'd be down there at her house once a week mowing her lawn and weeding her garden. He'd be doing community service in a nursing home, and then, I'd let his grandparents have at him. (if my kid was still that young and my parents were still alive anyway)

Students were caught on camera terrorizing and harassing a school bus aide, reducing the 68-year-old woman to tears as she bravely withstood their verbal assault.

The ten-minute video was taken on a bus carrying Greece Middle School students and shows the kids saying vile things to Karen Klein, a bus driver who retired to become a bus aide because her hearing was failing.

"What's your address so I can come piss all over your door?" said one student.

Another said to Klein, "How about I bring my [swear word] knife and cut you?"

The 68-year-old grandmother of eight tried to get them stop, telling the students, "Unless you have something nice to say, don't say anything at all."

To which one student responded, "How about you shut the [swear word] up?"

"Something about me being so fat and ugly your kids should probably commit suicide," recalled Klein. "I don't think they knew that my son had."

The school district has brought in police to investigate.

Students reduce bus aide to tears | WIVB.com

Appropriate punishment?

For better or worse this is how a good number of our kids act these days. There are no real punishments and the kids know that.

Middle school aged humans are the most vile creatures on Earth.

Well, about 2% of them really are.

However, they are kids, and having taught middle school, I don't have to watch the video.

The only surprise is the age of the bus driver: 68! WTF? Only Vietnam veterans applied for the job?

Dealing with these kids ain't a job for the weak and infirm: They smelled the blood in the water, and I cannot imagine why she was hired.

Forum List

Back