Republicans vote to eliminate Medicare, give more tax breaks to wealthy

Didn't medicare come about because seniors simply can't afford insurance? Not sure what their aim is here except to eliminate medicare and let grandma drop dead because she can't afford to go to the doctor.

no, medicare came about because LBJ wanted to buy votes.

Ironically, he screwed up Vietnam so much in the view of his party members that he never even got the nomination and had to drop out of the primary.

I've had plenty of fights with my liberal friends over Johnson. I think because of Vietnam he deserves the title of one of America's worst Presidents.

But he was quite popular and could have easily won a second term.

Pushing the cost of running the country onto the backs of Americans who can't afford it, that don't really share in the benefits of what this govt means to those who have been able to use what it provides to become filthy rich is not fair.
The republicans on one hand say we need to cut cost by eliminating what the govt mostly provides to those who wouldn't be able to afford which in all reality means transferring the cost to those people while at the same time transferring those cost saving to the people who are doing rather well in the form of tax cuts to corp and the wealthy.

The average person living in America pays a far greater share of their income in the running of govt at all levels than the rich do. Most people don't get their income from div and capital gains which the rich do.

We pay some sort of tax on almost every penny that we earn in some sort of tax because we have to spend everything we make just to survive. Now you want to transfer more cost onto the WORKERS of the country that PROVIDE THE WEALTHY WITH VERY GOOD LIVING as the rest of us strive to live week by week.

i don't see the wealthy getting closer to the poverty level, but every week millions of average hard working middle class people are. The rich will screw anybody who they need to in order to get more wealth and all the time crying they need more.

I am fucking loving it.

All those Teabaggers and their "Keep Your Hands Off My MediCare" and guess what you lame brain fuck wads.

The Repugs not only put their on your MediCare, they are going to make it impossble for you pay for your Health Care.

I am so FUCKING LOVING IT!!!

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

If you love it so much, Perhaps you could provide a link or one shred of evidence that Ravis wild claim is true?

Will be waiting for it!

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Didn't medicare come about because seniors simply can't afford insurance? Not sure what their aim is here except to eliminate medicare and let grandma drop dead because she can't afford to go to the doctor.

How long can any country hope to exist, that is spending more money than it takes in? How well off will grandma be in hyperinflation? You would have her starve to death! She will when her fixed income won't pay her bills. Either make massive cuts in everything or continue down this path to financial ruin. That's the choice.

Agreed.

We spend more on "defense" then every country on the planet combined.

We expecting the death star to arrive soon?

I'd say we start there.

Then round up the tax cheats and make them pay up.

You probably could find some 700 billion dollars right there.

Why do we have to start there? Can't you think without a bias? Cut it all at once. Why does one side have to win? The Pentagon claims that their budget is to big to audit. (corporations too big to fail) then give them a smaller budget and audit them. Cut the "Great Society" programs. If we are serious about saving the middle class these thing need to be done. We need to balance the federal budget now! Not by 2020 or 2030. NOW!

I am fucking loving it.

All those Teabaggers and their "Keep Your Hands Off My MediCare" and guess what you lame brain fuck wads.

The Repugs not only put their on your MediCare, they are going to make it impossble for you pay for your Health Care.

If you love it so much, Perhaps you could provide a link or one shred of evidence that Ravis wild claim is true?

Will be waiting for it!

I posted a link. Go to Post 30.

I am fucking loving it.

Will be waiting for it!

Traveler's just another asshole looking for a free ride in life. They're called bums.

My googlefu is pretty good..

Any questions?

Are you really full of shit or are you just putting us on?

Tell me Rabbi. Straight up.

Two people died as a result of Jan Brewer cutting funds to their approved surgeries. 2.

Those were 2 American citizens. Tax payers. Hard working people with families.

You approve of that shit or not?

Straight up.

Omg, still with THIS BS.:lol:

I am fucking loving it.

Will be waiting for it!

lol, don't hold your breath.

I am fucking loving it.

Will be waiting for it!

Traveler's just another asshole looking for a free ride in life. They're called bums.

No. A bum begs for your money. He sends the government to steal it from you. That's called a robber!

no, Medicare came about because LBJ wanted to buy votes.

Ironically, he screwed up Vietnam so much in the view of his party members that he never even got the nomination and had to drop out of the primary.

Medicare was for seniors 65 and up and was originally voluntary. Since then it has been expanded to include those that are permanently disabled.
Ryans bill gives vouchers to seniors for private insurance and keeps Medicare for those that have permanent disabilities. This is fazed in over a 10 yr period. It keeps those that are on current benefits and for those that are in near retirement without any changes.

Grandma will not drop dead.

We have LBJ to thank for opening up the social security surplus to pay for the Vietnam war.
After the war, congress was suppose to pay it back and close the fund back up. Congress never did and congress in both parties have been spending the surplus from it every since.

Four pages of posts and yet not one post that confirms the title of the thread.

I have yet to see one link that confirms that indeed the Republicans voted to eliminate Medicare.

Transform and eliminate do not mean the same thing.

Rick

Are you really full of shit or are you just putting us on?

Two people died as a result of Jan Brewer cutting funds to their approved surgeries. 2.

Straight up.

No they were on welfare and did not pay any taxes at all. That is the only way they could get that program. And Brewer said that any of them that got the transplants, their bodies rejected it because they could not find suitable family members. Most of them on the program don't have any ties to their families or no families at all.

Maybe you should meet the people.

KTAR.com - AHCCCS patient dies awaiting bone marrow transplant
Phoenix-area man dies before he can receive transplant
Arizona Transplant Patients Die After State Cuts Medical Insurance - ABC News
Man denied surgery in the Jan Brewer’s death panels, focus of Keith Olbermann special, dies - Three Sonorans

These were low income people that couldn't afford to keep their coverage. Both had families, one had an organ donated by a family member.

But lets get down to brass tacks. Are you saying poor people should die because they can't afford health care?

Really?

Straight up.

No they were on welfare and did not pay any taxes at all. That is the only way they could get that program. And Brewer said that any of them that got the transplants, their bodies rejected it because they could not find suitable family members. Most of them on the program don't have any ties to their families or no families at all.

Maybe you should meet the people.

KTAR.com - AHCCCS patient dies awaiting bone marrow transplant
Phoenix-area man dies before he can receive transplant
Arizona Transplant Patients Die After State Cuts Medical Insurance - ABC News
Man denied surgery in the Jan Brewer’s death panels, focus of Keith Olbermann special, dies - Three Sonorans

These were low income people that couldn't afford to keep their coverage. Both had families, one had an organ donated by a family member.

But lets get down to brass tacks. Are you saying poor people should die because they can't afford health care?

Really?

If YOU care so much, you PAY for their transplants

How long can any country hope to exist, that is spending more money than it takes in? How well off will grandma be in hyperinflation? You would have her starve to death! She will when her fixed income won't pay her bills. Either make massive cuts in everything or continue down this path to financial ruin. That's the choice.

Agreed.

We spend more on "defense" then every country on the planet combined.

We expecting the death star to arrive soon?

I'd say we start there.

Then round up the tax cheats and make them pay up.

You probably could find some 700 billion dollars right there.

Why do we have to start there? Can't you think without a bias? Cut it all at once. Why does one side have to win? The Pentagon claims that their budget is to big to audit. (corporations too big to fail) then give them a smaller budget and audit them. Cut the "Great Society" programs. If we are serious about saving the middle class these thing need to be done. We need to balance the federal budget now! Not by 2020 or 2030. NOW!

What bias?

The Constitutional mandate is to collect taxes to pay debts, provide for the general welfare, and defense. If you really read the Constitution, our military should have looked something like Switzerland's. Defense is the biggest ticket item in the budget. It eats up more then all the entitlement programs..and it's not a defensive military. It's one geared to invade and conquer other countries many miles away. That's patently unconstitutional. The United States was not meant to be a Neo-British Empire.

Forum List

Back