Republicans vote to eliminate Medicare, give more tax breaks to wealthy

No they were on welfare and did not pay any taxes at all. That is the only way they could get that program. And Brewer said that any of them that got the transplants, their bodies rejected it because they could not find suitable family members. Most of them on the program don't have any ties to their families or no families at all.

Maybe you should meet the people.

KTAR.com - AHCCCS patient dies awaiting bone marrow transplant
Phoenix-area man dies before he can receive transplant
Arizona Transplant Patients Die After State Cuts Medical Insurance - ABC News
Man denied surgery in the Jan Brewer’s death panels, focus of Keith Olbermann special, dies - Three Sonorans

These were low income people that couldn't afford to keep their coverage. Both had families, one had an organ donated by a family member.

But lets get down to brass tacks. Are you saying poor people should die because they can't afford health care?

Really?

If YOU care so much, you PAY for their transplants

thats what is happening when taxes go to paying for health care, so yes we are paying for it. But of course your idea is that is not what you want your money to be spent for and we understand that, but you aren't everyone and a matter of fact your not even the majority.

Tell me Rabbi. Straight up.

Two people died as a result of Jan Brewer cutting funds to their approved surgeries. 2.

Those were 2 American citizens. Tax payers. Hard working people with families.

You approve of that shit or not?

Straight up.

No they were on welfare and did not pay any taxes at all. That is the only way they could get that program. And Brewer said that any of them that got the transplants, their bodies rejected it because they could not find suitable family members. Most of them on the program don't have any ties to their families or no families at all.

Maybe you should meet the people.

KTAR.com - AHCCCS patient dies awaiting bone marrow transplant
Phoenix-area man dies before he can receive transplant
Arizona Transplant Patients Die After State Cuts Medical Insurance - ABC News
Man denied surgery in the Jan Brewer’s death panels, focus of Keith Olbermann special, dies - Three Sonorans

These were low income people that couldn't afford to keep their coverage. Both had families, one had an organ donated by a family member.

But lets get down to brass tacks. Are you saying poor people should die because they can't afford health care?

Really?

You realize that people die all the time waiting for transplants, right?
And if you read the article you will notice that there is no cause and effect here, merely a juxtaposing of ideas.
Now i realize asking a lefty to think is like asking a pig to ice-skate, but merely because one thing is mentioned next to another does not mean one thing caused another. Surely even you can comprehend that.

Ryan's plan increases defense spending, demands ZERO sacrifice from the wealthy and all the sacrifice from the rest of us.

That's the failed ideology of the Reagan crowd, on steroids.

Agreed.

We spend more on "defense" then every country on the planet combined.

We expecting the death star to arrive soon?

I'd say we start there.

Then round up the tax cheats and make them pay up.

You probably could find some 700 billion dollars right there.

Why do we have to start there? Can't you think without a bias? Cut it all at once. Why does one side have to win? The Pentagon claims that their budget is to big to audit. (corporations too big to fail) then give them a smaller budget and audit them. Cut the "Great Society" programs. If we are serious about saving the middle class these thing need to be done. We need to balance the federal budget now! Not by 2020 or 2030. NOW!

What bias?

The Constitutional mandate is to collect taxes to pay debts, provide for the general welfare, and defense. If you really read the Constitution, our military should have looked something like Switzerland's. Defense is the biggest ticket item in the budget. It eats up more then all the entitlement programs..and it's not a defensive military. It's one geared to invade and conquer other countries many miles away. That's patently unconstitutional. The United States was not meant to be a Neo-British Empire.

I probably over reacted. Sorry about that. I believe we were talking about Medicare. I do agree that the military also needs reducing. Raising taxes are not the answer. Reduce spending is.

And here's another link!

CBO Says GOP Medicare Plan Would Double The Cost Of Health Care For Seniors

CBO Says GOP Medicare Plan Would Double The Cost Of Health Care For Seniors - Rick Ungar - The Policy Page - Forbes

I thought Ravi said Republicans would eliminate Medicare. Is she makin' up stuff again???????? :cool:

Yea. I knew it was too good to be true

Here's an article about Ryan's proposed tax cuts.

The Man Behind Paul Ryan's Budget Plan Got the Tax Cuts Wrong, Too
<snip>
No surprise, the Foundation approved of Ryan's "bold" and "brave" plan to cut taxes further for the wealthy (by a whopping 10 percent) and increase the burden on the rest of the populace.

The Man Behind Paul Ryan's Budget Plan Got the Tax Cuts Wrong, Too - Tina Dupuy - Politics - The Atlantic

And then there's,,,,,,

Rep. Ryan&#8217;s House GOP Budget Plan

Federal Government Would Collect $2 Trillion Less Over a Decade
and Yet Require Bottom 90 Percent to Pay Higher Taxes

http://www.ctj.org/taxjusticedigest/archive/2010/03/new_ctj_report_on_rep_ryans_ho.php

Interactive Tables
Go to this site and you can see individual tax tables, just click on the links ala the four seperate cash and percentile and it shows what the tax rates are, the difference from now and if the Ryan plan was used.
It's not complicated . The truth may set you free.

TPC Tax Topics | Roadmap for America's Future Act Tables

Last edited:
Not one mention of the elimination of Medicare. Why am I not surprised that the thread title was a complete fabrication?

At present, seniors enjoy a guaranteed health benefit through a public insurance plan known as Medicare.

The House today voted to rescind that guaranteed benefit and to eliminate that public insurance plan (i.e. eventually, no one would have Medicare as their insurance plan; instead seniors would have BlueCross or Aetna or whatever else they could find in the private market). That is indeed the end of Medicare.

Indeed, shocking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not one mention of the elimination of Medicare. Why am I not surprised that the thread title was a complete fabrication?

Rick

To fundamentally transform Medicare IS essentially to eliminate what it is and transform it to what it is not.

Kinda like Obammy wanting to fundamentally change the country huh?

And here's another link!

CBO Says GOP Medicare Plan Would Double The Cost Of Health Care For Seniors - Rick Ungar - The Policy Page - Forbes

Is that the same CBO that promised that costs for Obamacare would be under $100B?

Well, if isn't Obama's twin brother Clueless Too Rabbi.
You folks love the CBO when it agrees with you as I have seen the CBO used by the far right more than once. As a matter of fact the far right were creaming in their pants when the CBO first issued their positive report on Ryan's plan. But then facts and numbers came out that had not been given to the CBO initially and the CBO cooled their review of Ryan's plan considerably. So, as on que the far right demonizes the CBO. Talk about consistency.

And here's another link!

Is that the same CBO that promised that costs for Obamacare would be under $100B?

You folks love the CBO when it agrees with you as I have seen the CBO used by the far right more than once. As a matter of fact the far right were creaming in their pants when the CBO first issued their positive report on Ryan's plan. But then facts and numbers came out that had not been given to the CBO initially and the CBO cooled their review of Ryan's plan considerably. So, as on que the far right demonizes the CBO. Talk about consistency.

IOW yes it's the same CBO using static scoring methodology and thus will be wrong.
Thanks!

At present, seniors enjoy a guaranteed health benefit through a public insurance plan known as Medicare.

The House today voted to rescind that guaranteed benefit and to eliminate that public insurance plan (i.e. eventually, no one would have Medicare as their insurance plan; instead seniors would have BlueCross or Aetna or whatever else they could find in the private market). That is indeed the end of Medicare.

What will this new program be called??

Do YOU have a problem with CHOICE? Vouchers of the recipients choosing tailored to their needs...or must GUBMINT BE the Final authority on everything for you Statist idiots?

What will this new program be called??

It's called "BlueCross" or "Anthem" or "Aetna."

Informally, it's called "whatever private insurance plan you can find now that Medicare is no longer an insurance option."

IOW yes it's the same CBO using static scoring methodology and thus will be wrong.
Thanks!

It'd help if Ryan would have been more honest but noooooooo!

Do YOU have a problem with CHOICE? Vouchers of the recipients choosing tailored to their needs...or must GUBMINT BE the Final authority on everything for you Statist idiots?

Wait, I thought the "tightly regulated exchanges" Ryan is calling for are statism from the contemporary reactionary's point of view. Exchanges are back to being a good conservative idea now?

Last edited:

Are you one of those who are supporting Ryan's plan while in fact it hurts you? Some people get so wrapped up in their ideology that they don't care if they get screwed. :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back