Republicans vote to eliminate Medicare, give more tax breaks to wealthy

Didn't medicare come about because seniors simply can't afford insurance? Not sure what their aim is here except to eliminate medicare and let grandma drop dead because she can't afford to go to the doctor.

How long can any country hope to exist, that is spending more money than it takes in? How well off will grandma be in hyperinflation? You would have her starve to death! She will when her fixed income won't pay her bills. Either make massive cuts in everything or continue down this path to financial ruin. That's the choice.

Agreed.

We spend more on "defense" then every country on the planet combined.

We expecting the death star to arrive soon?

I'd say we start there.

Then round up the tax cheats and make them pay up.

You probably could find some 700 billion dollars right there.

Let the FEARMONGERING BEGAN.

I'm sure they want our Seniors to eat cat food too and poor childreeeeen to go without an edumacation..:lol:

I find it hilarious that sticking up for the poor and unfortunate is seen by a lot of Conservatives as fearmongering. Until they cash their check from the Feds.

You mean "sticking it TO the poor and unfortunate" right?
The Left doesn't give a shit about the "poor and unfortunate." The opposite in fact. They want to perpetuate their control over people's lives by forcing more people into poverty and then telling them they are helping.
Hello?
How much have such policies helped inner city blacks? Their circumstances relatively speaking have declined since 1960, not improved. Rates of welfare dependence, single motherhood, out of wedlock births have all exploded, thanks to "great Society" programs.

Well...if the shoe fits and all....

How can we keep Medicare? Do we just keep debasing the dollar until its value reaches 0? You have to admit thats something has to be done. Don't you? So, what is your plan?

perhaps the "something" you do shouldn't be done on the backs of the middle class.

i'm all for shared sacrifice. but i don't see it being "shared'.

do you?

Either make massive cuts in everything or continue down this path to financial ruin. That's the choice.

Which is why everyone is patiently waiting for the GOP to put defense on the table. UNtil they do, they're not serious.

And if people are serious, and I mean really serious, about paying down the debt, that absolutely will not happen without increased taxes. When you owe money, to pay it down you have to bring in more than you spend to pay down that debt.

Didn't medicare come about because seniors simply can't afford insurance? Not sure what their aim is here except to eliminate medicare and let grandma drop dead because she can't afford to go to the doctor.
Any proof for any of that? No, of course not.

Representative Ryan Proposes Medicare Plan Under Which Seniors Would Pay Most of Their Income for Health Care

That is what headlines would look like if the United States had an independent press. After all, this is one of the main takeaways of the Congressional Budget Office's (CBO) analysis of the plan proposed by Representative Paul Ryan, the Republican chairman of the House Budget Committee. Representative Ryan would replace the current Medicare program with a voucher for people who turn age 65 in 2022 and later. This voucher would be worth $8,000 for someone turning age 65 in that year. It would rise in step with the consumer price index and also as people age. (Health care expenses are higher for people age 75 than age 65.)

According to the CBO analysis the benefit would cover 32 percent of the cost of a health insurance package equivalent to the current Medicare benefit (Figure 1). This means that the beneficiary would pay 68 percent of the cost of this package. Using the CBO assumption of 2.5 percent annual inflation, the voucher would have grown to $9,750 by 2030. This means that a Medicare type plan for someone age 65 would be $30,460 under Representative Ryan's plan, leaving seniors with a bill of $20,700. (This does not count various out of pocket medical expenditures not covered by Medicare.)

Representative Ryan Proposes Medicare Plan Under Which Seniors Would Pay Most of Their Income for Health Care | Beat the Press

There you go!

It works only if you reduce the role of government and cut taxes.

Reducing the role of government only works if you're willing to give up the USA's role of world leader. Political power overseas has a price.

And tax cuts aren't going to work here. You can't tax cut yourself into the black. Tax increases alone won't work either, as you can't squeeze blood from a stone. Spending cuts will be necessary, but until the GOP is willing to put defense (which is 18%+ of the budget), they're not to be taken seriously...or any more seriously than the Democrats on the topic.

Apparently you can't google.

My googlefu is pretty good..

Any questions?

Are you really full of shit or are you just putting us on?

Tell me Rabbi. Straight up.

Two people died as a result of Jan Brewer cutting funds to their approved surgeries. 2.

Those were 2 American citizens. Tax payers. Hard working people with families.

You approve of that shit or not?

Straight up.

Either make massive cuts in everything or continue down this path to financial ruin. That's the choice.

Which is why everyone is patiently waiting for the GOP to put defense on the table. UNtil they do, they're not serious.

And if people are serious, and I mean really serious, about paying down the debt, that absolutely will not happen without increased taxes. When you owe money, to pay it down you have to bring in more than you spend to pay down that debt.

They are - they are going to put in reductions for defense in the 2012 budget.
When you cut back in Government and lower the taxes, lower taxes brings in more companies and small businesses and employees - all of them pay taxes that bring in more revenue.

I am fucking loving it.

All those Teabaggers and their "Keep Your Hands Off My MediCare" and guess what you lame brain fuck wads.

The Repugs not only put their on your MediCare, they are going to make it impossble for you pay for your Health Care.

I am so FUCKING LOVING IT!!!

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Last edited:

How can we keep Medicare? Do we just keep debasing the dollar until its value reaches 0? You have to admit thats something has to be done. Don't you? So, what is your plan?

perhaps the "something" you do shouldn't be done on the backs of the middle class.

do you?

Yea, yea, yea..... but.... Ravi said there was shoes. Do you have any further information on the shoes? Are we talking Prada? Jimmy C's? Christan Louboutin? I love red soles! Think there will be coordinated bags?

Ohhhh, and hats? Ravi likes hats.... we're bound to score a hat or two.

no, medicare came about because LBJ wanted to buy votes.

Ironically, he screwed up Vietnam so much in the view of his party members that he never even got the nomination and had to drop out of the primary.

My googlefu is pretty good..

Any questions?

Are you really full of shit or are you just putting us on?

Tell me Rabbi. Straight up.

Two people died as a result of Jan Brewer cutting funds to their approved surgeries. 2.

Those were 2 American citizens. Tax payers. Hard working people with families.

You approve of that shit or not?

Straight up.

No they were on welfare and did not pay any taxes at all. That is the only way they could get that program. And Brewer said that any of them that got the transplants, their bodies rejected it because they could not find suitable family members. Most of them on the program don't have any ties to their families or no families at all.

do you?

I don't see it being shared either.

When have those sucking up entitlements ever given up anything?

Forum List

Back