TN bill to give felons the right to vote again

After their sentences are completed in full, barring it being a felonious crime of actual physical violence, all rights should be restored.
Nope.

From what I have been observing? The criminal justice system itself has been both politicized and monetized/financialized, and it is in thrall to corporations.

I don't know who is there for real because of crimes, because they are threat to the government or some corporate entity, or released because of overcrowding. I have no faith in the system at all anymore.

If a person is in the system for a felony, they have no business being involved in politics in any way at all anymore.

If they get re-involved in the shit show, it threatens to further destabilized the entire system.

How about instead? We look into the corruption in the BAR ASSOCIATION?

The so-called, "DEEP STATE," or political elites? The professional bureaucracy? Both government and corporate, is now completely out of control. It is, no longer, IMO, accountable to the people, and it wants the corrupt and criminals, that have been found guilty among it, to once again, have the right, to participate in the game. . . regardless if they be on the "left" or "right."

Adam Smith's moral foundations of self-interest and ethical social order

1712352230854.png

"Smith was vehemently against what we would today call ‘crony capitalism’ as a perversion of the free-market system. He saw crony capitalism as the result of government intervention in the market, which creates opportunities, through lobbying, for rent-seeking, corruption, and the emergence of monopolies. He wrote:"
1712352301134.png

"Dominant interest groups disrupt the natural flow of competition, stifle innovation, and lead to inefficiencies. Smith also believed that crony capitalism undermined the public's trust in the market and government. When people see businesses using their political influence to gain an unfair advantage, they lose faith in the market's ability to allocate resources fairly and efficiently. Smith believed this loss of trust could lead to political instability and social unrest.. . . "

Restoring the right of criminals, especially the wealthy ones, over the system? meh. . . will just accelerate the cancer IMO.

Last edited:
I'd draw the 2A line at big time ones, like any armed offense and rape....Of course, excluding possessing firearms and illicit recreational drugs at the same time, which is complete bullshit to begin with.

Nope.

If the cult wants criminals to vote, I say they get guns as well.

If they vote, they get guns.
If they are not allowed to vote, they are also not allowed guns.

Seems fair to me.
Not at all in favor of allowing convicted armed robbers to get their mitts on guns.....Call me extreme, if you will.

Me neither. Mine is a counter to the cult wanting felons to vote.

There is a severe problem with "lock them up and throw away the key" types.

One particular example always seems to be reflective in nature. A former con committed a crime 20 years ago, say a robbery. He then commits one as I said, 20 years later. People will say "see, he shouldn't have been walking the streets!"

Is any society that believes in redemption, rehabilitation and even maximizing your potential brain power/workforce, you don't put people in prison for life as some seem to wish for every infraction under any circumstances. We all know, context is everything.

I'd not get too fired-up about that.....Convicts are not inclined to vote in any great numbers for the most part.....In Virginia it was like 4% of ex-cons voted at first and then went down..

Rebellion against the Union

However he was loyal to his state - Virginia - and was never a traitor
So he was disloyal to his country, to the Union, to the USA. He was a traitor. He got a pardon.

Statues of him were put up honoring a criminal, as his pardon didn't go into effect until I believe the 1970s. echincally, Lee was not a US citizen.

So he was disloyal to his country, to the Union, to the USA. He was a traitor. He got a pardon.

Statues of him were put up honoring a criminal, as his pardon didn't go into effect until I believe the 1970s. echincally, Lee was not a US citizen.
The Confederate states had a legal right to leave the Union

In Texas v. White (1869), the Supreme Court ruled unilateral secession unconstitutional, while commenting that revolution or consent of the states could lead to a successful secession.
Sadly the Union had decided against a military trial for President Davis and General Robert E Lee, which most certainly would have led to a swift verdict against him, resulting in his execution.

Confederate President Jefferson Davis, left, and Gen. Robert E. Lee were traitors under the U.S. Constitution's definition of treason,

What do you think our founders fled? Why do you think they gave us the 2nd?
The founders went after the guns of heir family, friends, and neighbors who disagreed with them. You do know that, right?

see: queens County, Long island, NY

Many of the founding generations leading citizens were after land, money, going west with land speculation.

Forum List

Back