TN bill to give felons the right to vote again

So he was disloyal to his country, to the Union, to the USA. He was a traitor. He got a pardon.

Statues of him were put up honoring a criminal, as his pardon didn't go into effect until I believe the 1970s. echincally, Lee was not a US citizen.
The confederate states seceded. So you think breaking away from a central govt makes one a traitor?

Ex felons should have the right to vote.

Don’t know that they should be trusted with guns given the recidivism rate though

In Texas v. White (1869), the Supreme Court ruled unilateral secession unconstitutional, while commenting that revolution or consent of the states could lead to a successful secession.
1869 was after the fact

After the north had won the bloodiest war in our nations history - then or now

Like the man said, the supreme court reads the newspapers too

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Tennessee residents convicted of felonies can apply to vote again without restoring their gun rights under a bipartisan bill that faces some GOP skepticism as it advances late this session.

The effort by Democratic Rep. Antonio Parkinson and Republican Sen. Paul Bailey to untangle the two rights has cleared early hurdles but several remain in the annual session’s expected final weeks.

As they should. My issue with this is, they wont give them a constitutional right back, but they will to vote? Seriously? Sometimes this state pisses me off.
Would trump be able to vote for himself ?

1869 was after the fact

After the north had won the bloodiest war in our nations history - then or now

Like the man said, the supreme court reads the newspapers too
Pathetic post. What people may have believed (before a judicial review), is irrelevant. People are known to believe serious nonsense -- like an election in 2020 being stolen.

So nothing. How typical

Again, Why did they receive pardons? There is your answer.

This method of answering questions with questions, in order to let the questioner realize that he can find the answer by reasoning (Socrates would say that the answer was in him all along), is called maieutics (the related adjective being maieutic).

This most certainly helps Democrats more than Republicans.
Democrats took advantage of it more than Republicans did. Why? The GOP felt threatened by more people being registered to vote.

If registering more people to vote would benefit the GOP more than the Dems, you can bet the shoes would all be on the other feet. Let us try and be honest here.

Pathetic post. What people may have believed (before a judicial review), is irrelevant. People are known to believe serious nonsense -- like an election in 2020 being stolen.
You have a higher opinion of the supreme court than I do

Nowhere in the Constitution does it prohibit states that freely joined the Union from leaving

That question was settled on the battlefield at Gettysburg

You have a higher opinion of the supreme court than I do

Nowhere in the Constitution does it prohibit states that freely joined the Union from leaving

That question was settled on the battlefield at Gettysburg
Yes I have, and always had. And I'm a Liberal (not to be confused with Progressive or Libertarian), who respects the Court even when it is ruled by a majority of Conservatives.

Weak argument. Play it with some pseudo-intellects you hang around with, or your sophomoric pals online.

Nope.

Yes I have, and always had. And I'm a Liberal (not to be confused with Progressive or Libertarian), who respects the Court even when it is ruled by a majority of Conservatives.

Weak argument. Play it with some pseudo-intellects you hang around with, or your sophomoric pals online.

Nope.
Its not a weak argument at all except when pitted against the Army of the Potomac in 1865

Democrats took advantage of it more than Republicans did. Why? The GOP felt threatened by more people being registered to vote.

If registering more people to vote would benefit the GOP more than the Dems, you can bet the shoes would all be on the other feet. Let us try and be honest here.

Maybe, but I still believe the GOP is several moral notches above the Democratic Party even though they are not nearly where they need to be either. Also, the GOP is so quick to undermine the entire country In exchange for votes. For example, do you think the GOP would allow the unfettered illegal immigration that the Democrats have allowed even if most of these illegals would ultimately vote Republican? They would ignore the national security risks, the drain on our economy and our heathcare system, the threat to our sovereignty, etc? I don’t think they would because their voters wouldn’t allow it. Most Democratic voters only care about electing Democratic politicians. All else is secondary.

Maybe, but I still believe the GOP is several moral notches above the Democratic Party even though they are not nearly where they need to be either. Also, the GOP is so quick to undermine the entire country In exchange for votes. For example, do you think the GOP would allow the unfettered illegal immigration that the Democrats have allowed even if most of these illegals would ultimately vote Republican? They would ignore the national security risks, the drain on our economy and our heathcare system, the threat to our sovereignty, etc? I don’t think they would because their voters wouldn’t allow it. Most Democratic voters only care about electing Democratic politicians. All else is secondary.
:auiqs.jpg:

The GOP backed a sleazy grifter like Trump and is doing so again? Morality?

The rest of your post comes across as an incoherent rant.

DBA? Don't Be A

• Funny
Reactions: DBA
:auiqs.jpg:

The GOP backed a sleazy grifter like Trump and is doing so again? Morality?

The rest of your post comes across as an incoherent rant.

DBA? Don't Be A
Yes, 2 immoral souls from which to realistically choose, but Biden is not only immoral, but is demented, crooked and hates the country. Easy choice.

Ex felons should have the right to vote.

Don’t know that they should be trusted with guns given the recidivism rate though
So they shouldnt get their constitutional right back but voting is A-OK?
So they could possibly kill or hurt someone else with a gun, but them helping to decide how our system works is fine? lolz

Forum List

Back