Republicans don't need to "work with" the President

What you have to understand is that the voters, for the most part, are completely ignorant of policy. They care about how their little world is going. If it's going badly, the party in power, especially in the house, will be blamed. Period, end of story. So, the repugs can talk cooperation and lack thereof all they want but the only thing that matters is if average Joe, ignorant voter sees his little world improving or not. If it doesn't improve, he will take it out on the party in power, especially in the House.

Good luck making average Joe's life better by being the party of no guys.

They should be nice and polite when they sit down with BO. Then they should say "We won". This arrogant dweeb needs a jolt of reality.

He's not arrogant. And they are never nice and polite. They are bad losers. Just like they were with Bill Clinton.

The Republicans are not going to work with anyone. Their main goal is going to be to do nothing. They have already said as much.

And that's what we elected them to do: OBSTRUCT

Grow up. If all you care about is your party and not the country, why do you even live here?? Do the Republicans pay your bills or something??

I am conservative not a republican. The only party I want to have is the one after Obama gets destroyed, hopefully in the courts before the 2012 election. I pay 50% of my income in taxes, how much more do you want you leech?

What's their plan? Take what the Dems have done for the last 2 years and do the opposite.

Ah, the kind of vagueness we've all come to expect from conservatives... It's all fine and dandy when you're out of power, but once you're in, that's not going to cut it. Bachmann and others like her are beginning to realize that now when they're being asked specifically WHAT they want to cut and HOW FAR they want to take things.

It's not important just to look at the promises made by the Republicans who won last night, you have to look at the past year as well.

Republicans got flack for opposing Obama's spending and overhaul of GM, the health-care reform bill, the financial reform bill, the stimulus. They were all but left for dead by even many in their party two years ago. Now they take back the House, and make huge gains in the Senate by opposing Obama...and this means the country wants them to work with him?

BS.

This country wants them to stay the course and continue to oppose his runaway spending, not play into it. They should focus on two things: job growth and dealing with the health-care bill. They need to make an ultimatum: either agree to overhaul huge sections of it, with real oversight and repeal of the individual mandate, or they need to vote to cut any and all funding for it. That way there wont be a massive "repeal" of the law, but it wont go into effect with no funds appropriated for it.

Republicans will deal with job growth by moving even more jobs to China. The millions they moved there from 2001 to 2008 simply weren't enough.

Republicans don't move them there. Private businesses and CEO's move them there. The taxes are far lower, and they aren't union labor.

Lower taxes, eliminate crippling union contracts, and jobs stay here. It's that simple.

Flat out lie from the flat out liar, bucs90. I have dealt with this tard before. He wants capital and labor to return to the their relationship of the 1890s. He likes the idea of child labor because it eliminates crippling union contracts. He is exactly what makes so many people distrust the wack right.

It's not important just to look at the promises made by the Republicans who won last night, you have to look at the past year as well.

Republicans got flack for opposing Obama's spending and overhaul of GM, the health-care reform bill, the financial reform bill, the stimulus. They were all but left for dead by even many in their party two years ago. Now they take back the House, and make huge gains in the Senate by opposing Obama...and this means the country wants them to work with him?

BS.

This country wants them to stay the course and continue to oppose his runaway spending, not play into it. They should focus on two things: job growth and dealing with the health-care bill. They need to make an ultimatum: either agree to overhaul huge sections of it, with real oversight and repeal of the individual mandate, or they need to vote to cut any and all funding for it. That way there wont be a massive "repeal" of the law, but it wont go into effect with no funds appropriated for it.

Well they added their ideas to the bills. Then opposed it. Then voted against it. Then took credit for the effects.

ThinkProgress Corker Booed By Workers At GM Plant Ceremony, Takes Credit For Saving Industry That He Opposed Saving

I'm thinking this is what the next two years will look like. Along with an impeachment.

Republicans don't need to "work with" the President

People said that back in '95, too.

Clinton moved to the center and succumbed to the Republican's welfare reform. I hope Odumbo moves farther left, if there is a farther left.

Clinton never moved anywhere..he was always at the Center. The Republicans tried and failed to take him out. And then they wanted credit for his work.

Outstanding.

Grow up. If all you care about is your party and not the country, why do you even live here?? Do the Republicans pay your bills or something??

I am conservative not a republican. The only party I want to have is the one after Obama gets destroyed, hopefully in the courts before the 2012 election. I pay 50% of my income in taxes, how much more do you want you leech?

In other words, you don't want a democratic republic. You are a one-party person, an unAmerican. Got it.

They'll work with the president. Or there will be a third party victory in 2012, and Tom Tancredo will lead us into the apocalypse.

Conservative, Republican, tea bagger, whatever the hell you're calling yourself today, you know exactly what I mean. You're still one of the ignorant right wingers that cannot get it through their fat head that Obama won the election. I am not a leech, idiot. You know nothing about me. I have worked my entire life in government programs since medicare was implemented in July of 1966. So don't talk about what you don't know.

So you have to pay 50% in taxes??? So what. Americans pay taxes. Stop using that as an excuse to be a poor sport. If things had been good under the Republicans, McCain would have won the election. But that wasn't the case. You and your like need to quit whining constantly!!! You lost the presidency. Get over it.

. I am not a leech, idiot. You know nothing about me. I have worked my entire life in government programs since medicare was implemented in July of 1966. So don't talk about what you don't know.

Yes, you are a leach. You create work and then fill it. 1966. Geezus. I want my money back.

The only way any bill passed by the House becomes law is for the Republicans to work with the Democrats. If they refuse to do that, then they are not doing job they were elected to do. The exact same thing can be said of the Democrats. This is a dangerous course to take by either party. Most voters are not particularly interested in politics, but then again they aren't stupid.

Forum List

Back