Republicans don't need to "work with" the President

PHOTO-21345-5041166P-23.jpg

If the GOP tries to obstruct governance by refusing take part with a majority in the House, the American people will turn on the Republicans in 2012.

Hmmmmm.........analysis fAiL s0n.

Got some bad news for ya..........its virtually impossible :fu:now for the Dums to take back the House any time before 2020. A little thing called GOP dominance in the governorships from this past Tuesday and redistricting following the census. Do a little reasearch s0ns........dont take my word for it.........but the k00ks shit public policy weve seen for the past 23 months is shut down for at least the next 10 years.

Yeah, we needed Republicans to blame for, raising taxes, cutting back public service jobs like firemen & police, dumb down education with funding cuts, close down highway projects, raise unemployment. Bad news Dude, but redistricting has an attached responsibility you will have to pay.:lol:

No they won't.

The dems controlled congress the last two years of Pres. Bush's term, and Pres. Bush got blamed for everything.

That depends on who is better at playing this game (a game the GOP lost in the '96 election). If Obama can clearly demonstrate that he is attempting to pass populist legislation and the GOP is holding it up, they'll surely suffer for it next election.

"populist' like what? The deathcare that 70% don't want. How about cap and tax which will cost EVERYONE more money. Everything he wants to do will hurt the middle class. He's as good as gone.

What middle class?? The Republicans got rid of them long ago. Don't blame President Obama.

That depends on who is better at playing this game (a game the GOP lost in the '96 election). If Obama can clearly demonstrate that he is attempting to pass populist legislation and the GOP is holding it up, they'll surely suffer for it next election.

"populist' like what? The deathcare that 70% don't want. How about cap and tax which will cost EVERYONE more money. Everything he wants to do will hurt the middle class. He's as good as gone.

What middle class?? The Republicans got rid of them long ago. Don't blame President Obama.

4-5% unemployment under GW Bush was not about getting rid of the middle class. Odumbo is going to try to make 9-10% unemployment seem like the norm.

Exorbitant corporate tax rates (the highest in the world I believe at 35%) have driven away businesses. Much of Europe has cut their corporate rates to 25% or less which has helped business there.

Such a moronic comment by the poster who remains unnamed. The exorbitant tax rates, lowest in fifty years, caused the Great Recession? Really? Wow!

Such a moronic comment by the poster who remains unnamed. The exorbitant tax rates, lowest in fifty years, caused the Great Recession? Really? Wow!

Exorbitant tax rates on businesses compared to other countries. The rates that Odumbo wants to raise in order to drive more business out of the country.

Another moronic comment by the poster who remains unnamed. The exorbitant tax rates, lowest in fifty years, did not cause the Great Recession? Really? Wow! But Obama wants too! Wow!

Repubs are fresh off an historic reversal in the House

However, their holding the House while the Dems control the Senate and White House is anything but historic.

They can impede progress like they always do, but the Tea Party "agenda" is dead in the water unless they want to work cooperatively

However, their holding the House while the Dems control the Senate and White House is anything but historic.

They can impede progress like they always do, but the Tea Party "agenda" is dead in the water unless they want to work cooperatively

They can control process in the House. In a sense if all they do is reform that den of snakes then they can declare victory. Certainly they can compare their success to Nancy Pelosi's failures. All the more so since Queen Nancy will be on hand as minority leader for further abuse.

They can control process in the House. In a sense if all they do is reform that den of snakes then they can declare victory. Certainly they can compare their success to Nancy Pelosi's failures. All the more so since Queen Nancy will be on hand as minority leader for further abuse.

Other than being royal pains in the asses, there is not much the Republicans can do. If they are serious about the Tea Party agenda, they will have to work with the majority Democrats. Temper tantrums and threats will not do it.......they will have to come to the table willing to compromise

That is the way the world works

Other than being royal pains in the asses, there is not much the Republicans can do. If they are serious about the Tea Party agenda, they will have to work with the majority Democrats. Temper tantrums and threats will not do it.......they will have to come to the table willing to compromise

The Dems control the House and have a large number in the Senate and they're supposed to compromise? In what universe.
Let's try this: The GOP can now block any piece of legislation the Dems propose. If Obama and the Dems want to be seen as doing something rather than sitting around they'll need to compromise.
And since the Dems come with a deficit of good faith they can begin restoring that by agreeing to scrap the health care bill.

The Dems control the House and have a large number in the Senate and they're supposed to compromise? In what universe.
Let's try this: The GOP can now block any piece of legislation the Dems propose. If Obama and the Dems want to be seen as doing something rather than sitting around they'll need to compromise.
And since the Dems come with a deficit of good faith they can begin restoring that by agreeing to scrap the health care bill.

Do you understand the concept of a compromise?

I will give you this...if you give me that

This is the way the civilized world operates.

I assume you mean the Republicans who are a legislative minority. In what Bizarro universe does the minority get to dictate terms?

Republicans can choose gridlock or they can work to get things done..the choice is theirs

What planet do the dems control the House in 2011? The Senate can hold-up anything they want with a 60-vote rule. I'm wondering how many dems are looking at 2012 and thinking that voting with the GOP would be in their best interests...

What planet do the dems control the House in 2011? The Senate can hold-up anything they want with a 60-vote rule. I'm wondering how many dems are looking at 2012 and thinking that voting with the GOP would be in their best interests...

No question either party can induce gridlock

If either party wants to accomplish any of their agenda there will have to be some cooperation

Last edited:
Frankly, I am fed up with both parties in Congress

Both seem more concerned with what is best for their party rather than what is best for the country. Cooperation is not hard. You give up something to get what you want. Even a child can figure it out.

To both parties a win-win solution is unacceptable because it lets the other side win also.

Time to start acting like grown-ups in Congress

No question either party can induce gridlock

If either party wants to accomplish any of their agenda ther will have to be some cooperation

Exactly. I'm trying to remember how Clinton & Gingrich worked thru the bullshit to eventually get stuff done. I remember at least one shutdown. Congress had to cave eventually. I'm not picturing Pelosi meeting the GOP half-way. Gridlock can be a very good thing.

Do you understand the concept of a compromise?

I will give you this...if you give me that

This is the way the civilized world operates.

I assume you mean the Republicans who are a legislative minority. In what Bizarro universe does the minority get to dictate terms?

Republicans can choose gridlock or they can work to get things done..the choice is theirs

I figure the GOP should treat Obama the way he's treated Fox News and the Tea Party.

He refused to go on the show live so he wouldn't be tripped up and he talked shit about the network every chance he got. Same goes for the Tea Party..or Tea-baggers as he calls them. So the GOP should treat him the same way. Fox News viewers are Americans too but he calls us enemies that need to be punished. He has no respect for us so why should anyone give him any.

Forum List

Back