Question to Protesters

Well I ve had to. It all depends on the audience

I am sure a few people still do, my point was that it is not as common as it once was. There was a time when my job would have required such attire, now I can get away with "business casual".

Business casual is fine. The protesters dress like they work at Newbury Comics. No one is going to take them seriously with their piercings, pussy hats and disheveled attire. At least I don't.

Like you would ever take them serious to start with. It was mid-80s with high humidity there during the protest, I would be dressed as cool as possible if I were them.

I am a short, T-shirt and flip flops sort of guy 90% of the time I am not at work.

I don’t follow your logic. So you think these protesters are young professionals who are just dressed casually? I disagree. You are making a lot of excuses for the losers.

I think the protesters are a wide ranging group of people that came from around the country to exercise one of their constitutional rights. Whether I agree with their position or not, I will not bash them for doing what they did.

You have no idea who they are or what they do, but since you do not agree with them they are losers. I choose not to live my life that way.

They intentionally disrupt the hearings they didn’t get a permit to assemble and they threaten the lives of Kav, his wife and Collins. These are not peaceful protesters exercising the constitutional rights. I choose to live my life with my eyes open.

Who wears a suit and tie these days? And even if you were forced to wear one to work who would wear it outside of the work place? Seems the only people in suit and ties these days are politicians and televangelist.

Not true at all.

Not all that wrong, I know not a single person that wears a suit and tie to work, I work in a building that includes several companies and at least 1000 people and I have not seen anyone that wears a suit and tie on a regular basis.

I am sure a few people still do, my point was that it is not as common as it once was. There was a time when my job would have required such attire, now I can get away with "business casual".

Business casual is fine. The protesters dress like they work at Newbury Comics. No one is going to take them seriously with their piercings, pussy hats and disheveled attire. At least I don't.

You have any idea at all what the point of the "pussy hats" is?

If you do it says much about you.

Not true at all.

Not all that wrong, I know not a single person that wears a suit and tie to work, I work in a building that includes several companies and at least 1000 people and I have not seen anyone that wears a suit and tie on a regular basis.

Explain it to me, Pigo.

Explain it to me, Pigo.

This hat design was invented specifically for the women's march that immediately followed the 2017 inauguration, to mock the Access Hollywood tape. Women reacting to being insulted en masse, taking their own power back by confronting and mocking the instigator of that insult.

iu

So if you have a problem with the mocking of the insult, you must be on board with the original insult itself. Nomsayin'? So when you say you don't take them seriously, it says much.

Explain it to me, Pigo.

This hat design was invented specifically for the women's march that immediately followed the 2017 inauguration, to mock the Access Hollywood tape. Women reacting to being insulted en masse, taking their own power back by confronting and mocking the instigator of that insult.

iu

So if you have a problem with the mocking of the insult, you must be on board with the original insult itself. Nomsayin'? So when you say you don't take them seriously, it says much.

So.....it’s Kavs fault? I don’t follow?

Explain it to me, Pigo.

iu

There is no "Kav" involved in the above, anywhere. Maybe you need to re-read.

Explain it to me, Pigo.

iu

Why are the Kav protesters wearing them?

Like you would ever take them serious to start with. It was mid-80s with high humidity there during the protest, I would be dressed as cool as possible if I were them.

I am a short, T-shirt and flip flops sort of guy 90% of the time I am not at work.

I don’t follow your logic. So you think these protesters are young professionals who are just dressed casually? I disagree. You are making a lot of excuses for the losers.

I think the protesters are a wide ranging group of people that came from around the country to exercise one of their constitutional rights. Whether I agree with their position or not, I will not bash them for doing what they did.

You have no idea who they are or what they do, but since you do not agree with them they are losers. I choose not to live my life that way.

They intentionally disrupt the hearings they didn’t get a permit to assemble and they threaten the lives of Kav, his wife and Collins. These are not peaceful protesters exercising the constitutional rights. I choose to live my life with my eyes open.

I do not recall the 1st amendment having a permit requirement. 99% of these people are protesting peacefully and I will not condemn them for the actions of a few bad actors.

Explain it to me, Pigo.

iu

:banghead:

694940094001_5845559234001_5845555722001-vs.jpg

Last edited:

I do not recall the 1st amendment having a permit requirement. 99% of these people are protesting peacefully and I will not condemn them for the actions of a few bad actors.
Although requiring permits consistent with First Amendment jurisprudence is not un-Constitutional.

Otherwise, yes – lawful, peaceful protest should always be respected, even if one disagrees with the position of those protesting.

And to condemn an entire group of people for the actions of a few fails as a hasty generalization fallacy.

Why are they 99% of the time Leftists who look like they are unemployed, likely not showered, loud, obnoxious, whiny people??

I don't see people in suits and ties, likely because they are working and generating revenue for our country. Every time I see these protesters I just laugh at them. Are there any people on these boards that protest? Would you please explain what you think you are accomplishing?

Thanks
This is so typical of most conservatives: arrogant, superficial, judgmental, and dishonest.

Why are they 99% of the time Leftists who look like they are unemployed, likely not showered, loud, obnoxious, whiny people??

I don't see people in suits and ties, likely because they are working and generating revenue for our country. Every time I see these protesters I just laugh at them. Are there any people on these boards that protest? Would you please explain what you think you are accomplishing?

Thanks

In truth I only attended one protest, that in Walnut Creek, CA to protest G.W Bush's war of choice in Iraq.

View attachment 220775

However, to answer your question, they are exercising their First Amendment Rights and their hope is their march becomes a Referendum to change the minds of those who have been fooled by demagogues and charlatans. Expect many more in nearly every state from now until the November election [I suppose I'll need to buy a new pair of Nikes].

The photo above is a hillside in Lafayette CA of our Iraq Dead to represent their loss in the war of choice. It is not SF or Berkeley, it is in a suburb of both populated by professionals in every field, many of whom voted Republican.
Unfortunately those so feebleminded to have been fooled by rightwing demagogues and charlatans lack the ability to recognize their mistake and change accordingly.

You need a permit to assemble. Maybe you have early dementia.

Explain it to me, Pigo.

iu

So you think he is guilty? LOL. So gullible.

Although requiring permits consistent with First Amendment jurisprudence is not un-Constitutional.

Otherwise, yes – lawful, peaceful protest should always be respected, even if one disagrees with the position of those protesting.

And to condemn an entire group of people for the actions of a few fails as a hasty generalization fallacy.

Yelling “I AM A VICTIM “ in peoples faces and “shame” like lunatics is not peaceful. Leftists as as evil as the Alt Right. I condemn them all.

iu

I don't have any way to know.

Nor do you.

I don't have any way to know.

Nor do you.

In America you are innocent until proven guilty.

Yes, I know that the government requires such things, I say such things violate the constitution. It is just a way to control the people and take away some of their rights. Nothing in there about permits, but it does say that the right to peaceably assemble shall not be prohibited or abridged.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Yes, I know that the government requires such things, I say such things violate the constitution. It is just a way to control the people and take away some of their rights. Nothing in there about permits, but it does say that the right to peaceably assemble shall not be prohibited or abridged.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

“Peacefully “

Yelling obscenities in my face and spitting on me is not peaceful. Disrupting votes and hearings is not peaceful.

Thank you for agreeing with me.

“Peacefully “

Yelling obscenities in my face and spitting on me is not peaceful. Disrupting votes and hearings is not peaceful.

Thank you for agreeing with me.

The people I saw were not doing any spitting, again I will not condemn the whole for the actions of a few, I will leave that to you.

Forum List

Back