[POLL] The Bull Ring

Should a Bull Ring Be added?

• Yes!! Great idea!! I would love this!

Votes: 22 66.7%
  • No!! This is a stupid idea! Get outta here!!

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • I don't care, I have no interest in it.

Votes: 10 30.3%

• Total voters
Ladies and Gentleman I am thinking of adding a section on the forums named the Bull Ring. It will be used for One on One Debate. Challengers can call out a member to step into the bull ring and debate them without any interference from other members.

Place your vote in the poll and any suggestions on rules and/or guidelines in the Bull Ring are much appreciated.

I'm thinking only the Challenger and Member may participate in the thread (obviously) and members aka peanut gallery CANNOT participate in the thread with the exception of "Liking" and Repping (positive/negative) posts.

i actually am amazed you are suggesting this....

do i think its a good idea? In my opinion... no.

however... that being said. If the only feedback allowed will be rep points for or against.... where and how will the 48 hour rule work into that? And should anyone who has their rep turned off be automatically disqualified.

Last edited:
It can end up like the flame zone, but with rules dictating the members behavior.

Very good point....we don't need it turning into another Flame Zone. We can set it up as an experimental forum area and depending how it goes we can keep it or shut it down.

Your point is well taken though in regards to this and we'll need to flesh it out better.

Could you do it like get 8 or 16 people from each side, and set them up in sets of two, ... I don't know how to verbalize this. Like one-on-one, and whoever wins goes against the winner at that level from the ... shit. You know what I'm saying? And finally there is one winner from each side, and they go head to head.
yes, someone else suggested debate teams. That could be arranged between the teams themselves.

I'll update the OP tomorrow with an outline and we can go from there.

I assume mods can lock out other members and give them read-only access.

Pretty pointless having a group decision on who won. The lefties will say the lefty won, the righties will say the righty won, and us normals will probably vote down the middle.

I wouldn't let anybody else into the thread. Start a separate one if you want to so as to add comments...

My two cents..
The thread will definitely be left to only the debaters. Locking everyone else out we cannot do. We could but it would be too time consuming for admins to set these up.

I personally don't see how a winner could be decided, so I hear you on that.

I say some rule, requiring that your facts have to come from bipartisan sources!

It can end up like the flame zone, but with rules dictating the members behavior.

Very good point....we don't need it turning into another Flame Zone. We can set it up as an experimental forum area and depending how it goes we can keep it or shut it down.

Your point is well taken though in regards to this and we'll need to flesh it out better.

I think it will work!

Remember, post up some rules. I think the ones I posted will cover it but you all may have some ones to add

Either Flame zone Rules apply, or agreed upon Zone Rules?

Feather Weight.

Light Weight.

Middle Weight.

Heavy Weight.

Its a message board, you take on all comers. This idea is being supported by about 50% trolls and hacks. Take a hint.

I say some rule, requiring that your facts have to come from bipartisan sources!

nice concept. but what's a bi-partisan source?

we could probably all agree that certain sources AREN'T (e.g., drudge and fox or d.u. and electronicintifada or infowars or paul report)... but what's bi-partisan?

Good point, I think making rules on sources would weight the whole thing down with too many rules.

What a fabulous idea. This is genius.

A message board "Hell in the cell". A USMB "Monday Night Raw".

YAY!

Let's get ready to rumble.

:eusa_angel:

HellInACell_display_image.png

Ladies and Gentleman I am thinking of adding a section on the forums named the Bull Ring. It will be used for One on One Debate. Challengers can call out a member to step into the bull ring and debate them without any interference from other members.

Place your vote in the poll and any suggestions on rules and/or guidelines in the Bull Ring are much appreciated.

I'm thinking only the Challenger and Member may participate in the thread (obviously) and members aka peanut gallery CANNOT participate in the thread with the exception of "Liking" and Repping (positive/negative) posts.

I like it in theory.. unfortunately, most of my lefty conterparts here will by post #3 degenerate into calling you a racist or accusing you of being an ill-edukted siense hater.

And yes, I purposely misspelled that to further make my point.

What would the rules be? I dunno man...

Even though I'm conservative I do believe that there are honest sources. Not necessarily bi partisan, but media outlets who keep their editorials off the "front page".

BBC and CBC come to mind. BBC in particular has a fabulous resource section of timelines.

And BBC's world coverage is excellent.

The only thing that makes contests interesting is the audience participation. While I agree that only the two participants should be allowed to post, that is also what will make this fall flat. Sorry, but unless you come up with some way for a discussion to take place concerning the posts of the two in the ring, its gonna be boring.

Or maybe its just me.

The only thing that makes contests interesting is the audience participation. While I agree that only the two participants should be allowed to post, that is also what will make this fall flat. Sorry, but unless you come up with some way for a discussion to take place concerning the posts of the two in the ring, its gonna be boring.

Or maybe its just me.

They could run A vs B: debate and A vs B: comments threads, forum and subforum.

Or maybe its just me.

They could run A vs B: debate and A vs B: comments threads, forum and subforum.

Yes, I've created a subforum for all Bull Ring related topics.

It's live by the way

Or maybe its just me.
You didn't read the entire OP did you? :)

All that is covered.

Why waste your time here? The forum is live. Certain types will draw this out f-o-r-e-v-e-r

The Bull Ring Rules and Guidelines

+ONLY the participants are allowed to debate/participate/comment in the thread (members can "like" rebuttals/arguments and neg/pos rep debater(s) ~ 2/48 will still apply~ )

+Debaters determine terms and/or rules of debate i.e debate can be ongoing or close on certain day etc.

]
+After debate is finished the thread will be closed (applies only to debates that have a time frame attached. Participant(s) will contact staff to close thread )

+Member/Team Challenges will be made via PM or the appropriate forum (see below)

+Discussions on past and present debates will be made in the appropriate forum (see
below)

+Outside of participating members, the Bull Ring is READ-ONLY. Failure to comply will result in non-participating members being removed from the Bull Ring (Forum will no longer be visible to member)

*To discuss current/past debates and challenge other members/teams please use the Bull Ring Call-Outs and Discussions Forum. Again, the Bull Ring is READ-ONLY*

Last edited:

Forum List

Back