[POLL] The Bull Ring

Should a Bull Ring Be added?

• Yes!! Great idea!! I would love this!

Votes: 22 66.7%
  • No!! This is a stupid idea! Get outta here!!

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • I don't care, I have no interest in it.

Votes: 10 30.3%

• Total voters
Considering the unflinching beliefs of people on both sides of the aisle, their unwillingness to open their minds to new ideas, the amazing ability folks of both persuasions have of twisting information, and the sheer ugliness that often ensues, perhaps you should call it "The Bullshit Ring..."

Ladies and Gentleman I am thinking of adding a section on the forums named the Bull Ring. It will be used for One on One Debate. Challengers can call out a member to step into the bull ring and debate them without any interference from other members.

Place your vote in the poll and any suggestions on rules and/or guidelines in the Bull Ring are much appreciated.

I'm thinking only the Challenger and Member may participate in the thread (obviously) and members aka peanut gallery CANNOT participate in the thread with the exception of "Liking" and Repping (positive/negative) posts.

I like the idea of a one on one debate or even a formed debate team that agrees to a set of rules ahead of time and then debates the topic.

A moderator can mediate if things go off track, those not participating in the debate should not rep, thank or comment.

When the debate is over an anonymous poll goes up for 1 day and people can vote the winner.

The persons debating can decide if there is a penalty for losing and what the terms are which would be mutually agreed upon prior to the debate.

:cool: USMB Debate Venue

Last edited:
I think there should be a limit. Maybe longer than 45 posts. Because there really isnt much REAL debate here. Maybe a TIME limit. Like an hour? maybe 1 1/2?

How about after three pages, that is 45 posts, the peanut gallery gets to add comments? It must open up at some point or another thread on that thread will get started. It's an idea that needs fleshing out
Kind of defeats the purpose don't you think? In a Bull Ring in football, two players enter and you battle it out. No one else can jump in.

tap outs? It is how people win here now...they exhaust you. There has to be some kind of time limit in posts, pages, or something. No?
EDIT: TNHarley has a great idea....in my opinion :)

Kind of defeats the purpose don't you think? In a Bull Ring in football, two players enter and you battle it out. No one else can jump in.

tap outs? It is how people win here now...they exhaust you. There has to be some kind of time limit in posts, pages, or something. No?
Yeah definitely a page limit. Probably 4 I'm thinking or a post limit like mentioned above

Crackkkas need their bandwidth yo

What will be the punishment for the loser?

A young man stopped at a local restaurant after a day of roaming around in Mexico.

While sipping his tequila, he noticed a sizzling, scrumptious-looking platter being served at the next table.

It looked good.

It smelled good.

He asked the waiter, "What is that you just served?"

The waiter replied, "Ah senor, you have excellent taste! Those are bull's testicles from the bull fight this morning. A delicacy!"

The visitor, though momentarily daunted, said, "What the heck, I'm on holiday down here! Bring me an order!"

The waiter replied, "I am so sorry senor. There is only one serving per day because there is only one bull fight each morning. If you come early tomorrow and place your order, we will be sure to save you this delicacy!"

The next morning, the man returned, placed his order, and then that evening was served the one and only special delicacy of the day.

After a few bites, and inspecting the contents of his platter, he called to the waiter and said, "These are delicious, but they are much, much smaller than the ones I saw you serve yesterday!"

The waiter shrugged his shoulders and replied, "Si, Senor. Sometimes the bull wins."

I'm thinking also that posts in the bull ring section if they are not debates should be strictly "call outs" and labeled as such and discussions about the current or past bull ring debate

[Call Out] I'm calling out Dante to enter the Bull Ring

and then of course chaos ensues in the thread :)

What about a time frame for rebuttal? No one wants to wait 20 minutes for someone to respond..
Or do like Chess and give each side like 30 minutes? IDK if that would be hard for you to keep up with, CK

Ladies and Gentleman I am thinking of adding a section on the forums named the Bull Ring. It will be used for One on One Debate. Challengers can call out a member to step into the bull ring and debate them without any interference from other members.

Place your vote in the poll and any suggestions on rules and/or guidelines in the Bull Ring are much appreciated.

I'm thinking only the Challenger and Member may participate in the thread (obviously) and members aka peanut gallery CANNOT participate in the thread with the exception of "Liking" and Repping (positive/negative) posts.

we do something like that at another site i mod. it's a cool concept. the biggest challenge is keeping it to only the two people and not having every one else jump in. you can always attach a separate comments thread to it where others can chime in.

What about a time frame for rebuttal? No one wants to wait 20 minutes for someone to respond..
Or do like Chess and give each side like 30 minutes? IDK if that would be hard for you to keep up with, CK

hmmm, it can't be moderated really so maybe extend it 1.5 hours?

we do something like that at another site i mod. it's a cool concept. the biggest challenge is keeping it to only the two people and not having every one else jump in. you can always attach a separate comments thread to it where others can chime in.

That sounds good to me

Forum List

Back