[POLL] The Bull Ring

Should a Bull Ring Be added?

• Yes!! Great idea!! I would love this!

Votes: 22 66.7%
  • No!! This is a stupid idea! Get outta here!!

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • I don't care, I have no interest in it.

Votes: 10 30.3%

• Total voters
Considering the unflinching beliefs of people on both sides of the aisle, their unwillingness to open their minds to new ideas, the amazing ability folks of both persuasions have of twisting information, and the sheer ugliness that often ensues, perhaps you should call it "The Bullshit Ring..."

I would love to see one of the good decent member you slur and slander, debate you on this

:eek:

What about a time frame for rebuttal? No one wants to wait 20 minutes for someone to respond..
Or do like Chess and give each side like 30 minutes? IDK if that would be hard for you to keep up with, CK

hmmm, it can't be moderated really so maybe extend it 1.5 hours?

Good idea! And the comment thingy Spoon was talking about is great too! People would be dying if they couldn't flame on the opposite ideology!

What about a time frame for rebuttal? No one wants to wait 20 minutes for someone to respond..
Or do like Chess and give each side like 30 minutes? IDK if that would be hard for you to keep up with, CK

Good idea! And the comment thingy Spoon was talking about is great too! People would be dying if they couldn't flame on the opposite ideology!

absolutely! I like the debate team idea as well. two teams battling it out in the bull ring LOL. Be epic!!

I'm thinking also that posts in the bull ring section if they are not debates should be strictly "call outs" and labeled as such and discussions about the current or past bull ring debate

[Call Out] I'm calling out Dante to enter the Bull Ring

and then of course chaos ensues in the thread :)

That is what has historically (at USMB and other places) been known as

Dante Fevah!

absolutely! I like the debate team idea as well. two teams battling it out in the bull ring LOL. Be epic!!

Fo sho! It should definately be an option. Like I said, some people run in droves lol

Bull fighting is an inhumane practice which should be ended. If we do have one, can I stick the spears into the back of the poster labeled the bull?

What will be the punishment for the loser?

How does one decide who won? We all saw Obama's first debate and they claimed he won :)

Who claimed Obama won the first debate? The reporters on MSNBC all said that he'd lost pretty badly and Chris Matthews damn near had a meltdown on the air because Obama lost and he couldn't believe it.

As far as the bull ring? I like the idea of letting the posters go at it hammer and tongs for 2 or 3 pages and then opening the thread up for everyone else to join in, because by 2 pages both sides would have had to post links to back up their claims, and other posters could be standing by for the post number when they can chime in.

Might be easier to moderate too, because instead of having to do a time limit thing (and what if one of the participants has to go away from the computer because something happens at home? They'd lose the debate because time would run out), you'd only have to monitor the post count.

I like the idea, because then you'd find out who really knows what they're talking about on the boards.

Only if you get to say the word "c*nt."

But only if it's allowed on every second day.

If you say it on a day that it is disallowed, you are banned.

But then reference day for "every second day" is randomly changed and left untold to the Board. It's random.

If you are banned under this method, it will be known as "getting mal-ed."

That will make it more exciting.

And the meltdowns will be epic and hilarious.

Ladies and Gentleman I am thinking of adding a section on the forums named the Bull Ring. It will be used for One on One Debate. Challengers can call out a member to step into the bull ring and debate them without any interference from other members.

Place your vote in the poll and any suggestions on rules and/or guidelines in the Bull Ring are much appreciated.

I'm thinking only the Challenger and Member may participate in the thread (obviously) and members aka peanut gallery CANNOT participate in the thread with the exception of "Liking" and Repping (positive/negative) posts.

I've been on other boards where something similar was done, two people going head to head. I like the idea.
The hard part is keeping other people from popping in because they didn't realize it was a head to head debate.
I think the best way to handle a head to head debate is to let the participants iron out the rules between themselves before they start the debate. Let the debaters agree on the rules such as whether it is based upon a time frame or a number of posts or both or something else. They can use PM to establish their rules, potential bet, whether or not they want member judges, insults allowed or not, etc. Maybe even if they want a team thing (example, Me and Coyote team up against AVG-JOE and AmyNation). Then publicly post their agreement before they start the debate.

Maybe instead of "Bull Ring", call it "Head to Head". After all, it is about pitting ideas and minds against each other.

Ladies and Gentleman I am thinking of adding a section on the forums named the Bull Ring. It will be used for One on One Debate. Challengers can call out a member to step into the bull ring and debate them without any interference from other members.

Place your vote in the poll and any suggestions on rules and/or guidelines in the Bull Ring are much appreciated.

I'm thinking only the Challenger and Member may participate in the thread (obviously) and members aka peanut gallery CANNOT participate in the thread with the exception of "Liking" and Repping (positive/negative) posts.

I like it.:clap2:

As long as a member doesn't get to post that they challenge someone. Otherwise thats simply flaming another member, and I bet they will debate in an area where they feel they have the advantage.
The debate should be based on mutual agreement between the individuals doing it.

It can end up like the flame zone, but with rules dictating the members behavior.

Last edited:
Could you do it like get 8 or 16 people from each side, and set them up in sets of two, ... I don't know how to verbalize this. Like one-on-one, and whoever wins goes against the winner at that level from the ... shit. You know what I'm saying? And finally there is one winner from each side, and they go head to head.

Kind of defeats the purpose don't you think? In a Bull Ring in football, two players enter and you battle it out. No one else can jump in.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHU6K47qgc8]Thunderdome Intro - Dying Time - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back